Reviews for Dracula
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 25 . 7/18
:-) Awesome job! That movie's one of my favourite versions of Dracula too. Love it! Love Langella's voice, and love the music! Anyway, great job on the characters. You really caught Dracula's charisma and presence from the movie, as well as Lucy's passionateness! LOL And you really made me want to punch Jonathan Harker. He's such a prig! Same with your Van Helsing. I mean, you feel sorry for him as a grieving father. But, at the same time, he comes across as a total bigot! I don't know if you meant for him to come off that way? But your story seems to come across as very pro-Dracula, or at least pro-Dracula/Lucy. Also, I loved how, and, again I can't tell whether it was intentional or not, you brought in almost a Feminist critique of how, as long as Lucy is engaged to Jonathan Harker and the men can imagine that he'll convince her to settle down and be a good, Victorian wife, she's "healthy". But, the minute she desires some one/something they think she shouldn't, suddenly she's a "hysterical woman" who needs to be confined to an asylum (which actually happened to a lot of 19th and early 20th century women). I actually wish you'd developed that angle further, as I thought that was really cool! And lastly, great job capturing the 19th century style of language! That's hard to do well, but you did. :-) And thanks for giving Lucy and Dracula that more romantic, happy ending! That totally rocks!
This was a fantastic read, I haven't seen the film myself, but I have seen many other adaptations, and this is by far the best plot. I haven't actually put this down all day and I hope you write more you have a talent for qriting .
Better ending than the movie. Thanks
FrankLangellaFan chapter 1 . 1/2
Oh my gosh, this was great. You have an exceptional talent for describing things in the story. I am very impressed. Having seen the Langella version three times, I enjoyed your fanfiction very much. I have, admittedly a huge crush on Dracula. Well, at least the way Dracula looks in the 1979 film. I loved your ending, so romantic. I wish the movie could have ended that way. You excellently captured the way Langella portrayed the Count in Dracula's mannerisms and speech. Again, fantastic work.
Jareth7GoblinKing chapter 25 . 8/28/2014
I just love Frank Langella's Dracula. I saw the link for this on IMDB. I really like how you included what was going on in the movie in here as well instead of just starting at the end of the movie.
Petit Parapluie chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I am astounded this hasn't got more reviews - a real shame, as this film is a wonderful little known gem. I've only just discovered the 1979 Frank Langella version, and was pleasantly surprised at the way it played with the original and made Dracula a sympathetic character. Imagine my delight when I found your lovely fic! I adored your characterisiation of Lucy and the way you filtered through Dracula's perception.
Lu82 chapter 25 . 8/25/2012
this was simply amzing, the proper end for such a beautiful movie, this is my avourite Dracula, so sweet with his Lucy awwww
very well done
bwpeach17 chapter 25 . 8/22/2012
God Bless your soul! Thank you! This was exactly what should have happened. Thank you for properly finishing the plot! This was just what I needed and you did it so well!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is very interesting prologue and very good writing! I can see he picture of the situation 3
I can't wait to read more!
IssacClarkFangirl23 chapter 25 . 2/6/2012
Absolutely amazing. Definately in love with him surviving. One of the best Dracula films. No one smoldered like Frank Langella. Did u happen to make a youtube video about this movie with before the Dawn by evanescence? Perfect song for this movie and story. Very well done! Def a reread for sure
lissie lol 1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
great story! you should totally write a sequel!
MinaWestenra chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
What a great idea! I too really liked 1979 film. I didnt exactly LIKE Dracula, but he made very good monster.