Reviews for A Summer of Flotsam and Jetsam
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 8/25/2013
Beautiful chapter! I only wish that the Phoenix feather had been in Harry's hand when he awoke. I would also like Severus to have found a Phoenix feather on his bed in the morning. I'm not sure why ... I just would.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 8/25/2013
I can tell that Severus is really a parent at this point, because it's easy to see his inner war going on. It's painful to balance his wish to safeguard Harry and let him heal at his own pace with his knowledge that Harry must move forward in order to heal.

"It wasn't only your war, Harry," said Severus softly, so that only Harry could hear. "It wasn't only your fight." This is what Snape tried to make Harry understand all of that 6th year, why it was so important not to go into the hunt and the fight alone. And really, Harry didn't dispatch Voldy on his own, did he? Neville destroyed the last Horcrux. Ron and Hermione destroyed two, as well. Perhaps now his heart can finally accept what his head must have known for a while.

It must be painful, too, for Severus to acknowledge that Harry's fear of fame and being noticed-which was really always there-is so utterly opposed to his original assessment of Harry as arrogant and seeking the spotlight. How he must mourn the years of love he lost due to an inability to look beyond his prejudices and see what was really in front of him for five years. Then again, that awareness is why his new life and SON are so unspeakably precious to him now. Nice chapter ...
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 8/25/2013
Kind of a nice little closure there with the appearance of Dudley. Maybe he'll grow into a human being after all.

What a lovely way to end the chapter.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 8/25/2013
Poor Harry and Ginny! Another "Talk," only this time with Molly and Arthur. I wonder how these experienced parents will handle it. Arthur didn't seem as bothered as Severus that night at the cottage. I think Molly would love to just "graft" Harry into the family right now!

I'm surprised at Severus's plan to bring the Wizengamot to Shell Cottage. While Harry is undoubtedly more secure and comfortable there, it seems to me it would "taint" the place for him. Will Ron and Hermione be there with him?
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 8/24/2013
I was wondering when we would see Harry transform again ... or if we would. Since the original reason for needing the skill no longer exists, and we didn't get to see if he transformed while on the run, I have wondered if Harry would only transform from now on when he needed to break loose for a bit.

Interesting about Fang. I've also wondered about Fred. Might he be a fun, pranking ghost who hangs around Hogwarts and WWW and moves on only when it's George's time, too?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 8/24/2013
Talking about Voldemort's death, Hermione says to Harry, "... I wish it wasn't you who had to kill him." According to DH, Harry didn't "kill" Voldemort; Harry disarmed him with Expelliarmus. Voldemort killed himself with his own rebounded Avada Kedavra curse. I'm surprised that Hermione wouldn't make that distinction, given her penchant for exactitude. I could more easily see Harry saying it and Hermione correcting him.

I loved the exchange between Neville and Severus. I wonder if Neville will ever truly forgive him for everything that happened. I hope there is another conversation ahead for the two of them. :)
MuggleCreator chapter 18 . 4/11/2013
I watched the movie version of Les Mis over summer. Thank you; the soundtrack plays mentally in my mind (along with the Beatles songs I'm listening to...)

This was perfect. Simply perfect.
Dolceconbrio chapter 13 . 3/7/2013
Thank you.
You actually made me cry while reading this chapter. I haven't finished the series just yet, but just in case I forget to review afterwards, I really want to thank you for writing this.
I loved the different parts en it is all wrapping up nicely.
This is a brilliant story.

Sincerely
Dolceconbrio
Guest chapter 18 . 1/21/2013
Simply brilliant story set!
Fmh chapter 18 . 1/10/2013
Fantastic ending and a wonderful story thank you so much
Fmh chapter 17 . 1/10/2013
Wonderful happy chapter a wonderful story thank you
Fmh chapter 16 . 1/10/2013
Fmh chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
Loved this chapter Severus shows such patience and understanding to Harry thank you
Fmh chapter 11 . 12/17/2012
Lovely summing up of the characters thank you
Fmh chapter 9 . 12/15/2012
So sad but great writing thank you
623 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »