Reviews for A Rachni Tale
darkorangecat chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
The way that you've woven the words together in this poem has me lost in the sound of the words - how they fall, and sort of trip off the tongue. These pair of lines makes me smile with the way you've arranged the words (I'm not sure how to explain what is happening here, though really I should be able to...maybe it's the almost Shakespearean rhythm to these lines?):

"Then who upon me, would the blame impeach/ When they despair like a bird with no wing?"

Again, excellent work.
darkorangecat chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
I like the continuance of the rhythm from the first poem to this second one, as well as the established rhyme scheme which adds, once again, that musical, lilting quality. The initial stanza holds a bit of a gem in it with the wonderful play on the word divine. You have both the searching out as in truth well as the 'heavenly' or 'godly' connotations which make these lines especially rich.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
The wonderful thing about poetry is that it is not bound by the usual grammatical constraints which prose is. Poetry bends, and often thwarts the rules, and your poem does so beautifully. This poem is rich in sound and music - it rolls of the tongue and has a lyrical quality because of how the lines are structured. In particular, I like this line: "To teach those new, how weather makes storms..."

Excellent work.
Wr3n chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
This was beautiful to me! I was excited while reading it and it seemed really in tune to the voice of the rachni-queen. I read this aloud and it was simply awesome, the flow, the thoughts, everything. :)

Well done Sir Mass Effect Bard! Thank you so much for the pleasant read!