Reviews for Sense is Overrated
Madzilla1010 chapter 1 . 12h ago
Man, I wish you had continued this. I love the yin and yang dynamic that Pansy and Hermione. The feeling and the rationality.
JPLE chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Wahhh I really have to go to training, but all I want to do is sit here and read/review your stuff! It's addictive I swear.

The contrasting characters of Hermione and Pansy were excellent. The justification of Hermione's attraction was wonderful, which simultaneously gave the reader a deeper insight into the mind of Pansy Parkinson, who has almost no backstory ever - infuriating!

I love that Pansy is a bit unlovable to the reader, because that creates further confusion for why someone like Hermione, who is clearly shown to be her antithesis, would be so attracted to her. It's a lovely paradox which carried the actions so well, almost without question.

I'm not sure that I agree with Hermione's rashness, after all, you've just told the reader that she is highly logical. I think that although her thoughts might be Pansy-scrambled, I don't know how plausible it is that her actions might be. I understand where you're coming from though, and it is none-the-less, a good take.

I also really liked the style of this, sort of poetic, yet still in prose. Very interesting.
Furyism chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Ha! I can just see the look on Pansy's face! Classic!
fin du globe chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
This is... kind of cute.

I like how you contrasted Hermione and Pansy, hence giving Hermione a reason to like Pansy (or something, but at least it's not 'oh-god-why-am-I-suddenly-falling-in-love-with-[insert name]' type, that's just unrealistic). And I like the open-endedness of the story (I guess not many people will agree with me though, this bit is personal taste), doing so avoids the sort-of unrealistic 'and-they-all-live-happily-ever-after' ending, and Hermione's dreams aren't crushed (aww, how sweet :)). But mostly because like that it's realistic! Pansy's shriek was realistic too.

And hilarious, totally unexpected (which is great).

And both seem in-character (how rare!)

But it might have been nice if you had expanded more on why Hermione snapped and did that (I mean, I can tell she was 'overwhelmed' (or something along those lines), but maybe you should talk a bit more about her feelings. But this is just a personal opinion, and there was descriptions of her thoughts and feelings in the front bit already anyway).

But it's okay too, because sometimes things like that just happen, for no reason.

I like it. It's just the right length. Short and sweet, but not overly so. And it's the 'maybe this happened?' sort (which I love)!

And I like how you shed different perspective on Pansy's behaviour (that it's not a bad thing).

But Hermione does lose control of her emotions sometimes in the canon (oh god, I'm so sorry, I'm being difficult. Scrap the last sentence).

I like the Hermione/Pansy ship (because according to my twisted logic, it could've happened), and you did it justice! Great job! :)
Smayz chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Oohh, nice comparison and Pansy shrieking after the kiss is hilarious, lol.
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Haha! Very funny.
DreamingOfMyGirl chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
OK, I'll bit it looks interesting, but you can't honestly tell me that's where it ends? will there be a continuation on the story? Does pansy know who kissed her? will she tell the entire school that hermione is a flamming lesbo? Something that typical pansy would do... but does she like hermione back? how long have then been thinking about each other? maybe hermione not knowing about her interest, is why she throws such tantrums...?

Dreamer
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
lol, this was really good but I just think it was kind of funny that Hermione stalked Pansy and proceeded to grab her by the hair and bruise her with her mouth. xD

Gosh, Hermy! So violent!

I really liked this. I'm a secret hardcore shipper of the pairing and I think you wrote it very well.

Gah, this is your last First Kiss Challenge.

I think I may cry. );

Ah, at least we still have the Poetic Colors Challenge to look forward to. (:

talk to you later, great job as always.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I like how you do this - take a canon difference between Hermione and Pansy and expand on it.
LadyLilyAshley chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I like it. Especially the bit about Pansy being free with her emotions. I always felt that losing one's temper was kind of like being out of control but freeing is a much more appealing way to look at it. I liked the ending as well, trying to rationalize that by doing something out of character will expel it from your system but it usually just magnifies the feeling. Great job!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Extremely late review... :P sorry.

Interesting...definitely not something I'd normally expect, but well done. Nice job! :D
Amazon Star chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Good job!
crissu chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Not that I like the pairing but it was done so well.I like the parallel between logic and feeling and it is perfectly understandable why Hermione could feel attracted to Pansy.I like Hermione here, always trying to convince herself for one thing or was in was so good!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
That's actually cleverly done. You made it -almost- believable, which is pretty incredible. Good job )
TellatrixForever chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Great job, Gamma. This is definitely a forbidden love if I've ever seen one. What's your personal opinion of this pairing?

Great job and God bless.