Reviews for Game Theory
Luca chapter 1 . 8/23
This was really good.
Garibaldi the Black chapter 10 . 7/10
Damn! That escape sequence.

Fate realy is a Ferrari. That would make Zeat more like a Veyron or an Enzo.
Ranma-sensei chapter 16 . 8/26/2015
What can I say, other than "Whew, what a ride!"?

Well, as I think a review is only polite when reading someone's story, but should at the very least be useful, I'll say that your story is exceptionally well-written, with only the odd typographic mistake - which is to be expected at the scope of it all.

The amount of world building you and ES have done is frankly mind-boggling, and hadn't I read OtS before this one I'd say that I dread what you will be able to do with a little more experience (but obviously, that ship has sailed).

To say that I called Vesta being made a Familiar will be impossible to prove, but I'll say it anyways. :P

But I am rambling. Suffice it to say, I am positively anxious to see what surprises "Power Games" holds. Off to the batmob-... uh, I mean, thread!

Keep narrating,
Ranma-sensei
Isa Lumitus chapter 15 . 4/30/2015
Sanity has its advantages. I do like believable happy endings.
Isa Lumitus chapter 13 . 4/29/2015
I realize that Nanoha is still a kid. And fiction allows some pretty unbelievable things... But the no-kill philosophy is a really bad one. The TSAB are a bunch of bullies, here to kill a small child, and Nanoha gutted her own defense system to spare their lives?

Not only that, but you mentioned that Precia was linked into the same power source Nanoha was using. Isn't there a good chance that what she did just killed both Precia and Alicia?
Isa Lumitus chapter 6 . 4/29/2015
The objection that the TSAB has against trying to bring back Alicia never made sense to me. Yes, there's a chance that it could go catastrophically wrong. Yet even the fall of Belka, and of Alhazred didn't extinct the human race. So couldn't they just do the procedure somewhere very far away? If Precia dies in the attempt... Well, it's her own choice.
Isa Lumitus chapter 5 . 4/28/2015
This feels like a truer portrayal of the TSAB. They are a military force operating in another nation's territory, in canon. They order people about as if they own the place, when they are outside their jurisdiction. It only figures that people like that would not care about the collateral damage the natives suffer. That the enforcer is a teenager is just icing on the cake.

And, they have a couple things that I've seen in a lot of stuff from Japan: Nepotism, and a sense that ignorance of the law is no excuse (even when in a different sovereign nation).
Isa Lumitus chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Sane!Precia? How did I not come across this earlier? One of my biggest gripes about MGLN is Precia being shown to be Stupid Evil, when she's supposedly a genius.

A lot of the TSAB government seems a little Lawful Stupid, too. But that barely gets a mention because that's better than average for anime and manga.
Shinoki chapter 16 . 4/22/2015
That was so beautiful. Precia deserves happiness... even if she wasn't the best person ever.
Apex85 chapter 11 . 4/15/2015
Are you a fan of Lovecraft? Because this fight reminded me of an eldritch nightmare.
kinigget chapter 9 . 3/23/2015
You have done something truly incredible with this story. It's every bit as tense as canon, while telling a very different story
Steveaaml chapter 15 . 3/2/2015
Ahhhhhhhhhh!
This was SO good!
Steveaaml chapter 12 . 3/2/2015
Tiida, Tea, and Rizu are great.
Actually, everybody is great.
The growing Yuuno/Chrono friendship is sweet, the Quint/Mei dynamic is cute, the way the familiars are together is lovely, and the Fate/Nanoha friendship is just perfect.
Steveaaml chapter 9 . 3/1/2015
I can't overstate how awesome this story is. It's such a great retelling.
Steveaaml chapter 7 . 3/1/2015
This was so sweet. Momoko! Fate getting Nanoha a kitten! Nanoha being ridiculously badass!