Reviews for All She Is Not
Creen chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
I KNEW it! Ha, others do believe as I do! Unless this was just an exercise in writing? Besides the trope of opposites attracting.
Okay that's really creepy. For some reason, after reading this, my mental voice is reading everything in meter, even if it DOESN'T actually do that.

Awesome. Story. Ha. No. Meter.

(Seriously though, how did you do that? Was the mental Jedi Force power rhyming intentional?)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
I have so many Morristair feelings right now. Nicely done! :D
Lord Shade chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
From the moment I started playing Dragon Age, I loved the idea of a Alistair/Morrigan pairing. But like most of my favorite pairings there are very few. So I was thrilled to see such a brilliantly written fix. This is without a doubt the greatest and most beautiful fic about these two I've ever read.

Your writing style captured them perfectly. From beginning to end I loved it.

Keep up the good work.
aaaaceace chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This was just beautiful, no other word could describe it.
Ikasury chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
for being a couple you thought 'not possible' you did well at your examinations of their own views of each other, observation is always the beginning :P plus all the other little additives i think were an excellent touch, such as referencing back to Morrigan's 'old' ideas about 'touch' XD

i think this came out very well, too bad its only for a prompt...

you know you want to join the dark side... we have cookies *evil grin* hehe, and yea, i'm a fan of Suilven's stuff too XD its so d*mn convincing!

till next *salute-waves* Sayounara!

-Ikasury
thmanwithnoname chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I liked this. I can see where it wouldn't be an easy pairing to write, but I think you did well with it.
venomRED chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Very well done! I won't claim to be a Dragon Age expert (it seems you're well more versed in that than I am, having played about half of DA:O and none of DA:2 P), but I knew these two characters enough to know this one can't have been easy for you.

I think the transitions you make for Morrigan and Alistair both travel very cautiously, and with heaping amounts of self-astonishment as they slowly realize the truth of the situation. This, for two characters who supposedly can't stand each other, feels an extremely natural transition into a romance, and I applaud your skill it presenting it that way!
Janizary chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I'd like to see how this plays out during Morrigan's 'proposal' before the battle with the Archdemon. Seeing it from Alistair's altered perspective would be interesting.

Hint.

Hint.

Club.
karebear chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Just realized I never got around to reviewing this. Oops.

Anyway... really nicely done. Not that I'm surprised, mind you. You seem to have this talent for making a relationship somehow naturally evolve between two people who have nothing in common. And it never seems forced at all, just simple. Real. Little moments upon which these people look back and are like "oh. So that's how WE happened."

I will say, I still can't quite wrap my head around Alistair with anyone but Amell. But that's my hangup, nothing to do with you or the quality of this piece.

I'd say "challenge met," for sure.
LunaMoth116 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Wow.

I started reading, fully expecting this piece not to end happily. Morrigan romances with, well, anyone, seldom turn out well without becoming overly optimistic.

But once again you've completely subverted my expectations and done so believably. What stands out here is how well you've highlighted the few things they share - namely, vulnerability, naivete, and ultimately (cheesy as it sounds) humanity - which may seem small at first, but end up overcoming their bigger differences. I'm reminded of an Ani DiFranco quote: "I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap."

The ending, too, works well; Maker knows pieces of happiness are few and far between in Thedas, and it's nice to end on the two of them quietly coming together, even knowing it's not going to last.

Excellent work as always, Rose. :) 8-)
Faeruy chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I really enjoy this pairing, when it can work, and I think this does. I like that it ends with the same type of imagery, because Morrigan will never be soft and warm, and Alistair will never be as prickly as her, but at the end they're in a totally different place. Love!
deagh chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I liked this quite a bit...but then I am rather fond of Morristair if it's done well, like this is. I see them as complementary - each of them has something the other needs and they end up being more together than each of them is separately. Thanks for sharing this!
EdenLake chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Love it. At first I was sad that the story didn't go all the way to the possible end game with these two, but reading it again, I think I like where you left it. Thanks!
olivegbg chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
This story was great, from beginning to end. I admit I was very disappointed when I hit the back-button and realized it was complete. :-(
Isabeau of Greenlea chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
You make it more than remotely believable as well. Thanks for this.