Reviews for Much Ado About Wicked
SlytherinRiter chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Ah, what a brainless idiot...
ReallyUhSharp chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
So I've only read the first chapter of this (I might or might not read more, I haven't quite decided yet) and I do like the idea of it. I was a little hesitant to read this story, however, as I'm slightly possessive over both Much Ado and Wicked, so do forgive me if this review seems skewed by any bias. Anyway, I don't think you're doing a bad job at merging Shakespeare's script with Maguire's characters, but I did find this first chapter rather devoid of emotion. True, it's only the first chapter- and if I read more, I might find it growing significantly deeper- but I think the problem is that you're relying too heavily on the script for characterisation. I'd like to know how Elphaba and the others feel in this situation you've put them in- it might be Shakespeare's script, but they aren't his characters, so I'd like to see you venture away from the original script in parts. I'm not saying you need to dispense with the script entirely- just perhaps don't be so dependent on it, and some more description regarding feelings and such probably wouldn't go amiss, since you're opting to write in prose, rather than a script format.

Did that sound harsh? I hope it didn't; you're a good writer- better than perhaps 75% of the trash people post in this section. And I admire the challenge you're taking on with Much Ado. But as I said; I feel a certain amount of possessiveness for both the characters and the script here, and I want them to be written with justice done to them. I think you could give them that justice, potentially- but don't be afraid to deviate from your Sparknotes text!
PocketSevens chapter 5 . 10/29/2011
I really like this story a lot! I am amazed on how you can weave the elements of Wicked into the story and keep the language and story true to Shakespeare. One could see Fiyero hiding in the bushes listening in on the "conversation", believing Elphaba was in love with him. (How he didn't fall out of the bushes, one will never know.). I look forward to Elphaba's entrapment. :). Well done.

And I remember "Flight Delay" and enjoyed that story last Christmas. I look forward to your next one.
Shockheaded Peter's Sister chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
You're right, Beatrice is a brilliant character. I'll just say quickly that we studied Macbeth in school and decided that Lady M had her redeeming features... the ruthless streak is all for helping her husband progress, and we believed that she was genuinely shocked when she found out what had been done to McDuff's family. But enough of that, on to Much Ado About Wicked. Loved this chapter, it's one of the best in the play. I could really see Fiyero there... and it was good to see Boq having a bit of fun for a change. Please keep this coming!
Copyrightdragon chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
I love your story so far! Very witty, please do continue! :)
stay-scintillating chapter 4 . 10/26/2011
Shakespeare Wicked AMAZING! :D This is written so well, I can't wait to see where this story goes. ;) Update? Soon?
Shockheaded Peter's Sister chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
You've done a very clever interweaving of the plots of MAAN and Wicked here, I must admit that I like MAAN despite myself - the sexism in it makes me grit my teeth, but, hey, it's history. Women didn't have so many rights in those days. That's why I don't think MAAN works in modern costume... but I'll not go into details until a few more chapters are up. I'm looking forward to more.
Shockheaded Peter's Sister chapter 2 . 10/23/2011
Still great!
Shockheaded Peter's Sister chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Bravo! One of my favourite Shakespeare plays, one of my favourite musicals... excellent combination and so well-written. Methinks I wouldst desire more of this.
vinkunwildflowerqueen chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
you're back! Welcome back :)It's been awhile.

Much ado about nothing is like my favourite Shakespeare play ever, so i'm totally psyched for this!

And yeah, Elphaba is SO much like Beatrice!