Reviews for The Art of Cooking
AWE so cute
Annalay chapter 2 . 12/1/2011
OMG I want chocolate cake made by Damon :D I really do... so sweet both ways
Lelderkin chapter 2 . 10/29/2011
Wow, I really love this! Cooking is such a secretly romantic & sensual act (especially when Damon's doing it ;D ) and I love that you're applying it to these two. The very first line of the whole thing totally drew me in, and I completely agree - I can't wait to see where else their cooking leads them!

You write so beautifully. The description of the chocolate cake is mouth-watering, and the fact that Damon is nervous that Elena will reject him yet again is beautiful. The image of the cook's smile warm like the sun on his head is so gorgeous. I love that you imagine him once so loved.

I love your characterizations of them, too - they're perfect. You have them both down-pat. And oh my God, the line "Even though this is technically supposed to be an apology (for kissing not-her, for killing her baby brother, for still wanting to kiss her), he doesn't dare act unlike his usual self." So beautiful!

In short, I loved these two chapters and I'm adding this fic to alerts so I can read more delicious Delena tales from the kitchen!
AnneWintermute chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
Ok now you've got me craving for chocolate cake, and I'm not even a very chocolatey person :P Great story, I hope you'll continue to write these cooking interludes. And I'll have to check out the recipe for the cake, it's been a while since I've baked a truly delicious chocolate cake and this sounds like it is.
citigirl13 chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
Flirting through food. Nice. I'm looking forward to updations
allofthestoriesarereal chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
I'm still having fun with this story! It's so beautiful and vivid and elegant. I love the idea that Damon has a secret love for cooking and that his flair for, well, everything shows in even the simplest things like giving a girl chocolate. Also, I want this cake.

I love this part, too:

"I'll do the honors," she says as he reaches for the knife, and for the space of a breath their hands brush and then hastily retreat. He can't help thinking of another ceremony in which two hands wield the same knife (on a different sort of cake), and the thought sends his mind into strange and impossible convolutions.

They eat slices of Le Glorieux sitting at her kitchen island, knees brushing under the edge of the granite countertop, sipping strong black coffee she poured into delicate china cups. (She explains that a cake this complicated deserves good bone china.) She's still stiff around him, still wearing her aura of righteous anger like a halo, but there's no denying the fact that she's nevertheless sitting here with him, eating cake he made with his own two hands, and she hasn't yet tried to stab him with any kitchen utensils. He considers that progress.

I hope you write more soon!
LostInLost18 chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
Love both the chapters! And it's true, most Damon and ELena moments happen in the kitchen! lol :P

Your language is fantastic. I really love the way you write, it all flows so beautifully. I can't wait to read more! Please continue! :D
xxMidnight-Rain-Melodyxx chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
I really love this! It's a story I haven't encountered before, which is weird, because usually all Delena stories on here are connected in some way when it comes to plot. But this one is different :) And I really loved the whole flame parallel you mentioned in the last chapter.

And this:

This made me smile like an idiot. I wouldn't put it past Damon to think of this and I love how cooking is what calms him. I can actually picture him having a secret love of cooking in the show.

Oh! And this:

Remembers the feeling of being safe and loved and comforted. He has never forgotten it.

Even though this made me incredibly sad, I freaking loved it. It weaves into the complexity of Damon's character perfectly.

Anyway, I hope you update with another scene soon! :D
Deleted100200300 chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
So beautiful - amazing done!
LynLucky chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
Adorable DE interaction, not to mention now I'm craving chocolate cake!
BlueJean452 chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
Great Chapter. Can't wait to see if there is more :)
rach chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
this is good! :D
onerepublicgirl chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This is one of the best fics I have read in a long time. I love the idea of these two cooking, always in the kitchen, because I think it's their thing. Also, I love cooking as much as Delena, so it's a win-win. I like how you write as well,elegant in a way.

Please tell me you are continuing this. It's addictive!
Deleted100200300 chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Thats so beautiful written, I loved every single word of it!
Queen of Tortall chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
This quite beautiful. Great job! Will it be continued, or is it just a one-shot?