Reviews for Collapse
Petchricor chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Not sure if I should be creeped out or something else... e.o

Good writing skills though.
BenRG chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
A really, really chilling description of how Epsilon destroyed Wash. All too plausible too.

Of course, those chilling words CT heard are true. It was all for Allison; all of it. I'm sure that, when RT finally get to the end of the story, everything that happened to the Freelancers and to the Simulation Soldiers will all turn out to be to the end of getting Allison back, by hook or by crook.

CT has got one thing right - this isn't about any military project. This is one man's insane obsession writ large.
Martienne chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I've seen many attempts at writing Wash's breakdown, and of how Epsilon's latent feelings for Allison would come out, but I think this one is by far the best. It doesn't try too hard to make it work, it's very organic in letting the drops of sand fall on his head until the hourglass is so full he's drowning in sand, to get to the point where he's so confused as he's trying to reenact a memory that isn't his own at the same time he's trying to seek shelter from it.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Huh. Romantic, I guess. I've never been good with the really intimate stuff. You seem good with including sensory details. It really enhances the story.
SapphireAeronaut chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Oh my God. This - this - just, wow. The heartbreak, the psychology of both parties, the sickness with which this whole thing just /is/ is just - ah. No words! Like, my heart, it's broken into a thousand pieces, seriously. D; What's really painful is just the implication - the fact that they might've proceeded to this point normally and calmly (and, I take the fact that they've never kissed as a mixture of Wash's inability to ever put emotions before the mission/training and CT's own low self-esteem/view of herself, as in 'Of course I'll never be good enough for him,' Wash being on the board and CT being hard on herself - the point is I think a normal progression would have been very sweet), but Epsilon's longing memories of Allison combine with Wash's admiration (?)/mild attraction towards CT, Epsilon pushes Wash towards CT as a replacement for Allison, and here Wash is trying to cry out for help like 'This isn't how I really feel about you,' and his control over his own mind is weakening and he really does need /help/, like the medical kind and CT doesn't even /get it/ or /understand/ but sure as anything it'd break her heart to find out that she was just a replacement for the AI in his head - like she's not even an object of desire for Wash which was giving her the mood boost in the first place - which, maybe, would be the final nail in the coffin that was her self-confidence. DD; It's horrifying, really, and horrifying because it's very possible - that that revalation causes CT to begin the downward spiral that (perhaps) ends in her teaming up with a bunch of technology-worshipping aliens to steal some artifact the selling of which she hopes will get her enough money to survive.

...Okay, the point of this whole ramble was the fact that this whole thing was just so lovely and thought-provoking and I absolutely loved it because it gave me a structure of what Wash/CT (which is becoming one of my favorite ships, being as they're both being revealed to be such tragic characters as Season 9 progresses, and I'm beginning to view them as both 'rejects' of the Freelancer process) might have turned out to be once Wash got his implant. If you got through this whole - uh - unwieldy rant, I loved your story, and I think it's absolutely fantastic~ _;

~Sapphire
iwantyourovaries chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wash is so messed up and I get twisted pleasure from watching him go absolutely nuts all over again... I adore the Freelancers, and they're just so very THEM! Also, I LOVE the line about CT glaring at the stars, daring them to do something better than shine. It pulled me in utterly, but now I gotta sleep. :) great piece!
mumblybee chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
There is so MUCH here. Like this: "teams forming up and splitting as quick as maps tearing." So many little things like that except they are not little at all.

"Locked his keys in his trunk" works so well. You made it work.

I just. Aah. You already know you've broken my heart.