Reviews for The Waking Dream
Kellie chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
This is a great beginning :) Keep it going!
bloody raptor chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Please continue!
Doomsday19 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Great story so far! I hope you update soon! Alan wake is such a great game but has yet to answer what happened to Alice, or if Alan escapes eventually. Hope to see more chapters from this story!
Morgane Lurker chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Well, this is an interesting plot idea, theorizing on what happened to Alice after the game. But you should run this through a grammar check for the sake of punctuation, and there were some sentences that seemed a bit out of place. Also, some paragraphs could be edited for more clarity. For instance,

"I gasped his name as I awoke from the nightmare. It was a moment before I realized that I was in our bed back home in Manhattan. The soft glow of the bedside lamp brought only a miniscule amount of comfort. My name is Alice Wake, and I suffer from Nyctophobia and since losing Alan to the bizarre events in Bright Falls it has only got worse. I was shaken from my thoughts by the buzzing sound of my cell phone vibrating against the nightstand. I checked to see whose call it was that interrupted my post-nightmare thoughts. It was Miriam Ryder head of publishing at Remedy Books."

Could be

"I gasped his name as I awoke from the nightmare. It took a moment before I realized that I was in our bed back home in Manhattan. The soft glow of the bedside lamp brought only a miniscule amount of comfort.

Since losing Alan to the bizarre events in Bright Falls my nyctophobia had only gotten worse. I was shaken from my thoughts by the buzzing sound of my cell phone vibrating against the nightstand. I checked to see whose call it was that interrupted my post-nightmare thoughts. It was Miriam Ryder, head of publishing at Remedy Books."

But I'm getting nitpicky here. Otherwise, I liked it. The nightmare scene with danger literally hovering over Alan's head was a good way to start the chapter, and it felt quite a lot like a cutscene that could have appeared in the game. Kudos for the fact that you brought some of Alice's profession into this as well - it fleshed out her personality a bit.

Anyways, hope to read more stories from you in this section in the future!

/Morgane