Reviews for By the Toe
reynanuy chapter 4 . 11/1
Wow, just wow. That was an awesome fic. There are so many fresh retelling you can do of HTTYD, but yours certainly makes the cut. I loved everything about it, the emotion you described on Hiccup and of course Ruffcup's internal monologues. All the scenes you added were awesome, the only thing hard to accept is the kiss and how it did not affect the over reaching plot of the movie. Still that was needed in order to follow through the narrative between Astrid and Ruffnut, so of course the fic is much better thanks to that. I am sure I am not the first, but this fic is really screaming for the need for a sequel, you certainly have the talent to continue the story in spades. In any case great work and thanks for sharing it with us.
nicely done
Pippalina chapter 2 . 7/30
if it weren't for the whole 'pet squirrel chained up' then I'd totally be shipping Ruffcup now
holy cow
Pipe Dream chapter 1 . 7/29
interesting-I love that its Ruffnut, I mean even the twins hilariousness kind of leaned more towards Tuffnut in the series, so I always thought she was the character explored the least in the canon, so its nice getting to feed my mind with fan made stuff on her that takes it seriously, you know?
this is actually making me think about a fanfic where Hiccup was followed right after the first time in the kill ring for some reason
KhaalidaNyx chapter 4 . 7/14
I like the even odds at the end. Well, clearly Hiccup likes Astrid more, but I really enjoyed that. Your writing is beautiful.
KhaalidaNyx chapter 2 . 7/14
I have to pause and review here because things are most likely going to change.

You were recommended to me by an author I absolutely adore, and I was surprised. That she suggested you, I mean.

But you did not disappoint.

I never thought that I would ship Ruffcup before. It's new and I was wary at the beginning, but the delivery for this story was absolutely incredible. I feel for Ruffnut. I really do.

So, while Ruffnut took this opportunity, I'm going to say that I hope it works out for her. Unless you're following canon, then, in that case, we all know the ending. Even so, this is brilliant.
SeventhSaixWolf chapter 4 . 4/20
Can't tell how much I love this... It's just best HTTYD fic I've ever read! OMG I love it TOO much! Ruffnut is my favourite character so that might explain something, though... This is just great work, piece of art! 333 Thank you so much!
loneknightd chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
Well done. That was a great story! The twins are hilarious in the tv series, but it was great to see the events of the movie through their eyes. I think you captured her personality quite well.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/30/2014
Guest chapter 3 . 9/30/2014
You've got me really wishing this pairing was canon.
dragoncreators chapter 4 . 9/22/2014
That was fantastic, Ruff, through-and-through :D

Darn, I'm now totally rooting for her... RuffCup or HicStrid, RuffCup or HicStrid... darn, hard choice!

Much love! Aurora
Midnight' Dragon Conqueror chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
Ruff does know there can't be a game if Astrid has already won right? Hiccstrid!
angelofdeath8254 chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
This is awesome, you've captured Ruffnut perfectly and I like how you've written this. It doesn't feel like a retelling of the movie, rather it's another side of the coin and I loved it :D
Angryhenry chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
Ruff ha snot hope, does she