Reviews for By the Toe
A Certified BAMF chapter 4 . 5/31
Dude awesome. You should do some more of this pairing, there's seriously just not enough of it around.
Raberba girl chapter 4 . 3/22
What a fantastic re-interpretation. I _really_ liked the characterizations here and the way Ruffnut's arc seemed believable, yet the entire story still fit with canon. I've also sometimes thought about the movie from an outsider's point of view (like, not Hiccup's, Tooth's, or even Astrid's), but I was never able to figure out how to write it, so I was delighted to see that you took my idle imaginings and turned them into an actual story. Great job on this!
Ultimateblack chapter 4 . 2/26
Out of all the characters, never thought you'd go for ruffnut. But then again, the whole teen gang is likable because they have such great dynamics. Hiccup the leader, Astrid the co-captain, the crazy twins, fishlegs the excitable analyst and Snotlout the idiot. People despise Snotlout for being an idiot and basically acting like a teenage boy in love, depicting him as some sort of bully and out of character villain, which I don't get. I find his shenanigans pretty hilarious. Don't know if you'll ever do a story from his POV with lots of crackpot shit going on together with the twins.(Dreamworks Dragons and Race to the edge paints this idea really well.) good job on this story too by the way
reynanuy chapter 4 . 11/1/2015
Wow, just wow. That was an awesome fic. There are so many fresh retelling you can do of HTTYD, but yours certainly makes the cut. I loved everything about it, the emotion you described on Hiccup and of course Ruffcup's internal monologues. All the scenes you added were awesome, the only thing hard to accept is the kiss and how it did not affect the over reaching plot of the movie. Still that was needed in order to follow through the narrative between Astrid and Ruffnut, so of course the fic is much better thanks to that. I am sure I am not the first, but this fic is really screaming for the need for a sequel, you certainly have the talent to continue the story in spades. In any case great work and thanks for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/30/2015
nicely done
Pippalina chapter 2 . 7/30/2015
if it weren't for the whole 'pet squirrel chained up' then I'd totally be shipping Ruffcup now
Guest chapter 2 . 7/29/2015
holy cow
Pipe Dream chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
interesting-I love that its Ruffnut, I mean even the twins hilariousness kind of leaned more towards Tuffnut in the series, so I always thought she was the character explored the least in the canon, so its nice getting to feed my mind with fan made stuff on her that takes it seriously, you know?
this is actually making me think about a fanfic where Hiccup was followed right after the first time in the kill ring for some reason
KhaalidaNyx chapter 4 . 7/14/2015
I like the even odds at the end. Well, clearly Hiccup likes Astrid more, but I really enjoyed that. Your writing is beautiful.
KhaalidaNyx chapter 2 . 7/14/2015
I have to pause and review here because things are most likely going to change.

You were recommended to me by an author I absolutely adore, and I was surprised. That she suggested you, I mean.

But you did not disappoint.

I never thought that I would ship Ruffcup before. It's new and I was wary at the beginning, but the delivery for this story was absolutely incredible. I feel for Ruffnut. I really do.

So, while Ruffnut took this opportunity, I'm going to say that I hope it works out for her. Unless you're following canon, then, in that case, we all know the ending. Even so, this is brilliant.
SeventhSaixWolf chapter 4 . 4/20/2015
Can't tell how much I love this... It's just best HTTYD fic I've ever read! OMG I love it TOO much! Ruffnut is my favourite character so that might explain something, though... This is just great work, piece of art! 333 Thank you so much!
loneknightd chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
Well done. That was a great story! The twins are hilarious in the tv series, but it was great to see the events of the movie through their eyes. I think you captured her personality quite well.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/30/2014
Cool.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/30/2014
You've got me really wishing this pairing was canon.
dragoncreators chapter 4 . 9/22/2014
That was fantastic, Ruff, through-and-through :D

Darn, I'm now totally rooting for her... RuffCup or HicStrid, RuffCup or HicStrid... darn, hard choice!

Much love! Aurora