Reviews for The Chronicles of Harry Holmes
slytherclaw7 chapter 19 . 7/18
The most creative story ever. Moving the plot later three years had a few conflicts here and there, but there were perks as well. I loved Harry Holmes. This entire storyline has been fascinating beyond belief. Writing must be quite elementary for you ;)
Pfff, Dumbasadoor is mystified why Black would have done that? the chief warlock? the guy that can oh so easily look up his trial... nahhh, he is full of shit or just plain stupid. I now feel sad for Harry being compared to a "genius" like Fumbles.
nahhh, Harry seems to more use his powers for himself rather than good. Similar does not equal same.
that using tracking spells, disillusionment charm or an invisibilty cloak hasnt been brought up yet kinda saddens me... not much magic in this story about a magical detective.
a snake doesnt rip and tear, a snake bites, poisons, constricts and devours. It most certainly does not rip and tear, thats just silly.
gbakermatson chapter 12 . 6/14
I love the chess-playing Crookshanks.
jon reeve chapter 11 . 6/2
I'm a bit bothered by Neville spouting Ron's lines nearly word-for-word. Not terribly bothered, though. It seems par the course for this type of story, but maroon socks? Did you decide to just carry on with the transition as a joke, or what?
jon reeve chapter 10 . 6/2
Is everyone just going to ignore that the author called Crookshanks pansy-faced?
An awesome and well written with an amazing ending. I loved how you put pieces of Neville's books in there it just gave it that bit of extra depth. I wish I could deduct things like Sherlock or even Harry now, that would be amazing without the bit about how they go mad with stimulation for their brains. Anyway great story it's definitely in my top 10 best I have ever read, and I have read a lot!
Wait, didn't Hermione say a few chapters ago that Fanged Frizbees were banned? And now they're getting banned?
4 years in an instant!
meh101 chapter 5 . 3/16
I'm having trouble with the time tables of this fic. Harry is taking his OWLs so he must be in 5th year but had to deal with the philosopher's stone the previous year. The Mason's visiting for dinner would not change time based off Harry liking Sherlock Holmes, or Lockheart's employment, nor would it affect the time tables of Arthur Weasley's muggle protection act causing Malfoy sr. to give Ginny the diary. The story skips spaces of time without giving any form of evidence to its length. Based on given information outside of the characters saying that time has passed there is no reason to believe more than 1 year has passed to the opening of the chamber.
Noble Korhedron chapter 18 . 2/20
So it'll be "Dr. Longbottom", instead of Dr. Watson, eh? Cool! Moving on to the sequel...
Noble Korhedron chapter 15 . 2/20
I'll review here before I forget; I'm finding this a HILARIOUS crossover! The only one better is the regrettably short "Harold Holmes and the Case of the Stone"... :-(
trynmailme chapter 19 . 2/5