Reviews for So Let the Record Show
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
AWESOME! I loved Bellatrix in this, being so her after death and tormenting Molly-which I did not feel bad for. She deserved it for killing Bellatrix and just to imagine having this nightmare and having to listen...I wonder...if Molly, a small part of her would have liked to be free like Bellatrix, it's hard to think but well this made me get thinking. The last line with Bellatrix, was my favorite :D Wonderful job, dear mother!

Much love!

fin du globe chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Oooh, dark.

And I like it.

I like how the piece is morally-educating (haha, I sound like a nerd), showing that to kill someone, it's not that easy, and revenge is never sweet, because it comes back to haunt you. And this piece demonstrates it perfectly, with the nightmares, and how Molly's conscience is affecting her. Because killing is never that easy.

So it's realistic, really, and ties in with the events of the last book well, and even dream-Bellatrix seems in-character, countering Molly's words easily. And we get insight on how Molly feels about the whole affair.

My only complaint (and I'm being difficult! So don't take it to heart) is that the idea is kind of cliche. Using nightmares to reflect a character being guilty and haunted isn't that much of a new idea. But you did use it effectively.

Good work!
LadyLilyAshley chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Very interesting. This internal struggle reminds me of Order of the Phoenix when Molly was fighting the boggart as different dead loved ones. This kind of plays with the idea that maybe that was her boggart because of her aversion to death. Molly is such a compassionate character but she there really was no hope for Bellatrix, she was a bit insane. Great job!
Greyella chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Fantastic. Absolutely gut churning fabulous. Your nightmare Bella is superb.
lunylovegoodlover chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This scene shows the difference between people like Molly and people like Bellatrix. Bella never felt any guilt for the murders she had committed, never stopped to think about what the consequences were for them. But Molly has a big, warm heart, and, though she knew that killing Bella was neccesary, that didn't stop her from questioning it, doubting that she made the right choice. That questioning, that doubt, that guilt - that's what makes Molly a good guy.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Oh my goodness, I love this so much.

I think a lot of people love that moment, seeing Molly kill Bellatrix, and we think about as revenge and cheer Molly on and then think nothing of it.

But this piece... You don't let people think nothing of it. You don't let MOLLY think nothing of it, and I love that, because it's REAL. Because truth IS that she killed her, and I think we don't really think about the impact of that.

I'm not sure that I'm conveying what I mean here properly.

Point is, I love that you took a moment that so many people love and broke it down into reality, harsh as it may be.

Beautifully written, too!

ChocolateFrogCard chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
this is actually the first story like this that i've read, i'm really glad someone wrote this because i actually always wondered if molly ever felt guilty about killing someone.

really good!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
That was extremely creepy. Loved it. Awesome job! :D
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wow, I liked that! :) One thing though is that in the beginning, you said "her parents would have no mother to raise them" which I don't think makes sense, or if it does, it's not clear. But I really did enjoy it, it made me shiver, and I feel so sorry for Molly now, I hate to think that she felt guilty about Bellatrix.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Oh, poor, poor Mollyyyy... -cackles evilly- I like this!