Reviews for Guardian Angel
AnotherLifeOfWar chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Oh goodness, this is absolutely lovely! I've always liked the thought of Crono and Lucca together, it made so much sense n_n I'm glad I found your story, I really enjoyed reading!
Simplywaters chapter 2 . 1/21/2012
Probably one of my favorite CT fanfics. Your portrayal of the characters is worth applauding.

Crono is entirely human, a 'Punk from Truce' who has learned to keep his mouth shut cause it moves faster then his brain. But it only makes him stand out more when we get to see his sarcastic smart-assness, and his best quality is in the for-front. He will do anything to keep his friends safe.

Lucca shows her selflessness and intelligence and I enjoyed the little step-by-step she created in her mind. Something I would expect from a mad scientist and was pulled of perfectly.

I hope your still writing, or might throw together another short fic (the CT archive is kinda lacking CronoxLucca stories) but regardless I thank you for sharing this with us!

~SimplyWaters~
RisanF chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Lucca is absolutely iconic as the mousy, self-effacing "best friend that's a girl" figure. It's like she stepped out of one of those 1980s teen films. I like Lucca's differing point of view on the various childhood exploits Crono described in the previous chapter. And Crono and Lucca's playful banter after Crono is revived is the perfect way to cap off this best-friends-romance piece.

Only real flaw in this story: you're too hard on Marle. It's fine for characters to note Marle's various excesses, but the character has more worth than just being a punching bag. Since I started writing fanfic, I've leaned there's usually a balance you have to achieve when dealing with whatever character's the obstacle to your chosen pairing. Of course, since this advice is about nine years too late, take it for what it's worth.
RisanF chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
This was one of my old favorites, and probably the best attempt at Crono/Lucca I've seen. I like your interpretation of Crono as a sharp, yet humble teen that got in over his head, and his comments on the plot of Chrono Trigger make his world feel more real. It's touching how wild Crono is over his cute nerd friend's various eccentricities. I'll be sure to review the next part.
Buny chapter 2 . 6/15/2009
This is cute, even though I do like Marle despite ditzyness. I think the problem with Chrono Trigger is that Chrono and Lucca kind of cancel each other out. Chrono is the hero and thus should get the princess but Lucca is the nerd girl best friend who obviously should get the guy...but she doesn't leaving her at a bit of a loose end.
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Hey, I came across this story, and really enjoyed it. A good short story, and really touching how you explain the perspectives of Crono and Lucca. Childhood friends generally get along better and end up together, as some games and anime show. But it's cute, really. (As is Crono and Marle, but I tend to lean towards the non-canon couples, as many others are sure to come here for too).

Good job on your part. _
Ruby Blue Prime chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
You are my hero! I'm looking through the chrono trigger fics here and it's all Crono/Nadia and Lucca/Magus. Noone does any fics of, in my opinon, the most obvious pairing. That is what makes you my hero, you did one. It's really good too. Keep up the good work.
Crazed Inventor Lucca chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
ok that last line was a stretch. i don't think he'd called Lucca a cheap nail, even in metaphor. that was just wrong, but i like this. i hope you continue it
Crazed Inventor Lucca chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
perfect, another cronoxlucca to my list. and as for the 100 extra iq points for crono its all good, it's like in dbz when goku acts as a kid in his home life but he can still be serious. for crono he is smart when he thinks about his friends. so keep it up
TheHolyDarkness chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
That was a wonderful fic. Especially the ending, LMAO!

~TheHolyDarkness Out
Wing Omega chapter 2 . 8/3/2004
TWow the girl section of Chrono's brain is thinking like mine.
Cytrus chapter 2 . 2/28/2004
Full of spelling mistakes(Magus is a price? I thought he was a prince _), the POVs are changed more often than needed and...
...and to the hell with it
This thing is pure beauty, great writing, deep story... just everything a reader would need!
Telling the truth, I spent the 5th minute of playing CT frowning. Crono was going to go after Marle and save her. WOW(Words Of Wonder). I endured the old romance cliche and continued forward, hoping to see something more in the further storyline, my hope wasn't in vain as CT is a truly beautiful game plot-wise. Yet even as the credits scrolled, the totaly unambitious and predictable romance was hurting me like a thorn. Indeed, Crono\Lucca is a far beter pairing, I believe that the true love is the one that comes from friendship, because in essence, love is like a flower, you may recieve a beautiful and expensive tulip, and throw it out another day or watch it get dry and die in two weeks, but you may recieve a seed, and the seed will be as devoted to you as you are to it, it just waits for enough care to blossom just for you, just after it learns all your vices and virtues, after it starts thinking that all your faults make it hard to live next to you, yet at the same time impossible to live without you.
I complement you on your talent, may the God you believe in still guide thine pen ;-).
Drop me a message if you write something more, or just have nothing better to do ;) at
PS. Author Alert? Checked
Favorite Authors? Checked
Favorite Stories? Checked
Submit review? Yep
DARTH chapter 2 . 1/5/2004
LOSER LOSER LOSER SOMETHINGS ARE MEANT TO BE AND NOT FOR LOSERS TO INTERVENE
PrescitedEntity chapter 2 . 8/22/2003
Er...this is a question stuck in the back of my head a long time, and will affect how I write my fanfic on CT. Did Crono really feel the effects of dying? Did he die at all? I mean, before he was hit by Lavos' attack, wasn't the clone exchanged for him? So shouldn't the one they watched die in the event the clone? Then, where did the pendant come from after he "died"? Wouldn't there then be two pendants in the same time unless the removed the pendant and placed it upon the clone? How did the clone stop Lavos? Does this mean Crono is younger than he used to be after the ressurestion, as days must've passed before they got him back? Did he make a leap and create a (sort of) wormhole in the fabric of time-space? Where was he during the trip to save him, if he didn't passed through a wormhole? Did he even know he "died"? Really, the question is whether or not CT is based on the time-loop theorum or not.

CT's concept of time is seriously SCREWED, yep.

The story is great. There is little else I can say, as, though I'm normally full of criticsm toward anything I see, I'm quite tired, having only been granted with a collective two hours of slumber in three days.
Arjenau chapter 2 . 6/27/2003
Very good story. 9 out of 10. I support Lucca and Crono, and I can't find out why there aren't more out there. I like any Chrono Trigger stories, though.