Reviews for When leaves fall
Astrollama chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Wow. There was so much emotion and pathos in this. Unbelievably good writing.
sherry57 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
If you're going to write many more like this, I better stock up on my hankies! Doing beta for you was a great pleasure as this is a lovely story that really looks at the stiuation, the ridiculous situation, at the end of the series where Sheppard found himself alone.

You took the timze frame even further forward and it's even sadder to see the couples forming and having babies and Sheppard still alone...I think I should go and give him a hug, don't you?

Thanks for a beautiful read and looking forward to your next one...soon I hope!
mathgirl24 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This was wonderful. You really captured how broken John was by the end of the series. In my shipper heart I think much of that was due to Elizabeth's loss (over and over and over again). And how everyone else was moving along all happy while John was losing his spirit. Oh John, how I wish they'd given you your Elizabeth back.
JoeyLuv chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Damn! This one really got to me. And I was never a Shweir (or is it Sparky) fan. Liked Dr. Weir and hated that TPTB killed her off, again and again - although the last one was a really cheap trick with the "replicator girl" instead of the real deal! What really got me choked up was the comment of losing his soul and deserving to be all alone. He didn't lose his soul, he gave it away a piece at a time for his friends and family. Someone that selfless, even a fictional character, deserves a chance at peace and happiness. Thanks for the wonderful read!
BMick chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Oh, oh, oh... this is so sad, and so well done. You really picked up all that happened to Sheppard, how lost he was by the time they returned to Earth. Elizabeth's loss - and the way it happened - was the beginning of a long slide for him.

And we never got to see him find a way out.

I need chocolate.
stella-pegasi chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
First...I was not aware that you had been writing...my time to read fanfic has been limited. So congrats on making the plunge to join in the fun.

This was lovely, I can see John wanting to share his promotion and his frustrations with Elizabeth. I liked your take on the events after Atlantis returned to Earth. Nice to see the IOA come around...like you said, nothing like being saved to make them do the right thing. Great explanation of how they will generate power for the return to Pegasus.

Such a sweet story, poor Sheppard...alone...but at least he has memories of someone to talk to.

Write more!
JoaniexJony chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
That was so poignant.

I loved your version of the next step Atlantis would have taken, and you captured John's voice so well, I could just imagine him feeling that way.

A lovely piece of writing - thank you for sharing.

Joanie.