Reviews for The Silent Land
Guest chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Just read this for the second time and enjoyed it even more. It is so hauntingly beautiful. Your characterizations of Mary and Matthew are so perfect. Would love to read more M/M stories from you. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/9/2014
I know I shouldn't have read it, it made me cry like a baby omggg I am shattered. :((( Pour Mary and Matthew! And Teddy! Ugh so good but do sad!
Heliet chapter 17 . 6/12/2013
Is it really that hopeless? It's so desperately agonizing. These two are so doomed to their fate!
creativedistraction chapter 17 . 5/27/2013
Never have I imagined that I would cry over Richard Carlisle's death. This story is just heart breaking (in a good way) and the writing is amazing. Great job!
luvgoround chapter 17 . 3/19/2013
It's never too late. Matthew and Mary still have many years to be together and live the rest of their days as they should've done from the beginning. Happiness is still within their grasp even with all the pain and mistakes - Look forward - not backward - and carry on loving each other. Wonderful story.
nadstar3 chapter 17 . 6/30/2012
This is so sad. Filled with regret and angst. Stupid Matthew for his decisions. You close with an optimism, but it seems just so sad considering the time wasted, the lost opportunity to be a father to Teddy. Mary is an angel for taking Matthew back after all this. Or maybe their love is just that strong? Beautifully written.
JLJMc chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
Wow. I don't think I've read a DA story with the angst turned up as high as this one. Heartbreaking. Yet interested to see where you take it from here...
Keriannerae chapter 17 . 5/21/2012
What a remarkable story. I started reading, having no idea what to expect, and read all the way through to the end. Heartwrenching, but stunning in its own way. I hope you write more Mary x Matthew!
Equilly chapter 17 . 3/28/2012
Such a well-written story! At parts it felt cliche, but I liked how Teddy was an entity in himself, a well-rounded character, and I liked his and Richard's relationships. I also liked how you jumped between time- at times it was confusing, but all in all, it gave the story an almost gauzy, ethereal lilt. Was it Teddy who shot Richard?
smudgelove chapter 17 . 2/27/2012
This was an incredibly moving and well written story. My tears started flowing early and by the end I was terribly grief-stricken. Your characterizations were very well done and the pain was so poignant. In all honestly I both loved and hated this story: hating it for its heartbreakingly tragic ending, loving it for the beautiful and haunting writing that enraptured me and propelled me to keep reading, despite knowing that even more sadness was around the corner. I think the most profound aspect of this story was that it somehow became more than just a fanfic. It transcended the Matthew and Mary story and became a wonderful piece of writing standing on its own about two cursed lovers. Undoubtedly, knowledge and understanding of the depth of the connection between the two protagonists made the story richer, but even without it, still incredibly compelling. Kudos, very well done. I look forward to more, but beg you to perhaps consider a happier end for our beloved characters.
La Donna Ingenua chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This story is by far the best fanfiction I've ever read. Please write something new for us soon
thorteso chapter 17 . 2/24/2012
This was such a beautifully crafted story! Interesting literary point of view and I loved the Teddy you created for us. So much to say about this story!

Thank you for sharing it...looking forward to reading more of your things!
thejacinthsong chapter 17 . 2/21/2012
God, this was utterly beautiful, and so heart-breaking. I hope you continue to write for these two.
OrangeShipper chapter 17 . 2/21/2012
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to properly review this! What an absolute wonder this was to read. Heartbreaking. Matthew's pain was exquisite - I think I felt it that much more than Mary's, precisely because he's HAD to repress his feelings for Teddy for - well, his whole life. And only now that he's finally able to acknowledge his son, he's taken from him. His reveal at the funeral was just - GAH! But I'm so, so glad that he did. *hugs Matthew*

The flashbacks were wonderful too, of the presents - such precious little moments, that impact so deeply on a child. Robert's understanding, as well, was beautiful - oh, all just wonderful!

This fic just got better and better and better. You have a wonderful talent, and I very much hope that you'll write more! And thank you so much for sharing this with us. It was beautiful.
Tabitha of MoonAurora chapter 17 . 2/19/2012
Words cannot begin to describe how I feel as this tale comes to its end. It was beautifully written, with characters so like those in the show that I almost forgot I could not possible be reading a script. I've never much been one for sad endings, in fact as an almost incurable optimist, I have shied away from them. But there comes a time when optimism is overrun and one must finish a story that they've started, regardless of the sadness they might feel. This was one of those times. With this most bittersweet of endings, I gain a great respect for you as a writer and hope to hear more, and perhaps happier, pieces from you in the future.

A truly marvelous tale that ended in the most melancholy hope one could ask for. Your characters were vivid and story well plotted.

With hope for more,