Reviews for Duty of a Dragonlord
Anna2304 chapter 1 . 3/19/2021
Sad but touching story
EmotionalDreamer101 chapter 1 . 5/4/2018
That was good, I really loved that. Arthur is so good to Merlin, I love how understanding he was of his feelings about the cave and of Balinor :’)
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
I wouldn't really think Arthur would remember that either, but he can surprise you sometimes
PurpleFlyingBird chapter 1 . 7/19/2017
This was a really good and original idea. I like how nicely it fits into the episode. :)
The characters were in character and well written. It was a really enjoyable read! :D

Thank you for writing it!

Keep up the good work.
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
Very few people notice that. I'm glad you did.
TardisAtHogwarts chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
This is great!
BlackBandit111 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
This was an amazing oneshot that really displayed Merlin's wisdom and Arthur's gentle sided personality. I loved how Gwaine was also mentioned many times- it made the situation seem more real, that someone noticed that Merlin was jumpy. The last sentence...beautiful. Amazingly done.
servant123 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Very, very cool idea, and super well-executed. I have absolutely no critiques about the writing itself, and the only thing I can really wish for otherwise is more; a longer conversation about what kind of man Balinor was, and what had actually happened to him that had made him so bitter towards Uther; and maybe a keepsake Merlin could take from the cave; a carving, a small book of magic or dragons, a ring that signified his position as a Dragonlord, something that he could keep, hidden with his magic, until the day that the prophesy is fulfilled. Anyways, I really, really enjoyed this fic. It's beautifully written and a unique, touching idea, and the ending lines were perfectly chosen. Keep up the amazing work. I look forward to reading more from you soon :)
God bless *heart*
intensewhatever chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I loved this! I've never seen a fic with this idea and I thought it was so cool! Awesome job! :)
Yuki082 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
nice little one shot.
thanks for writing!
Yuki
Journey Hates chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
this was... wow.
rawr52 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Lovely twist, with that being Balinor's cave. Beautiful story.
allston0901 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
This story is really sweet. And I really appreciate your inclusion of spoiler warnings. I wish more people did that. :)
Ecri chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
That was lovely. I've just seen "Aithusa" for the first time tonight, and came looking for tags and missing scenes. This was a lovely, sweet, heartfelt addition to the story, and I'm glad to see some mention of Balinor. Merlin must have been thinking of his father throughout the story. This was a nice nod in that direction. Well done.
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
oooh nice. I do have to wonder if the location of where they ventured through to reach the egg was done on purpose or not...I mean they've reused 'scenes' before so why not here, except this cave entrance and waterfall is a little too memorable..