Reviews for Of Nightmares
Silivrennial chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This was so powerful to me! I started to cry when I read the last sentence.. :') In a good way
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
I love stories that show that the clones aren't the only ones with brothers. Ahsoka is like their little sister. This was a really nice story!
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
this ones potent deep in its simplicity.
Eregnar chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
So ver sweet :)
xDalliancex chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Cute and cuddly. Love it x
Jade-Max chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Oh I like this; you've a real handle on Ahsoka's character and that of the clones.

Fives in this is fantastic; the awkwardness because she's female and a child - though that revelation comes later - was very well written into the scenes.

I love the last bit, how Rex finds them and doesn't approve at first until Ahsoka starts acting like herself again... and then gives Fives the barest of nods in thanks.

And the ritual is adorable; totally something I could see happening. Well done!
laloga chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
So lovely!

I enjoy reading Ahsoka interacting with clones where there's no romantic pairing - I have nothing against that, of course, but it's refreshing to see her being "just friends" with one of the guys. Loved how protective Fives was of her, especially once he really *looked* and realized that beneath all the "Jedi-stuff," she's just a kid.

Loved how Fives took it upon himself to help her, even though he realized that he wasn't the most well-equipped to handle such delicate matters, particularly with females. "If she did and the Captain ever found out he had made her cry, he was a goner." This made me smile.

This was...just incredible: "For a moment, his thoughts traveled to a battle field, of dust and the blood of his brothers, watching as his squad mates drop like stones to the ground-broken and unmoving. He remembered shrieking coming though his comm, his own voice, the voice of every brother, before it cut off into the harsh buzz of static." How harrowing that must be, to know what you'll sound like as you die. I never thought of it like that. I actually read through this part a number of times, just absorbing the words. Really fantastic writing!

Hopeless romantic that I am, I squinted, and was pleased with what I saw. Rex *does* seem a wee bit jealous, though the feeling seems to fade once he realizes that a) Fives was just being friendly and big-brotherly in trying to make Ahsoka feel better and b) it worked. :)

Wonderful one-shot!
Colonial marine chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Nice story. Maybe you should tell a story of the 2 after the citidal.
SwatB2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This is great, great job. Well done.
TheLightIsMine chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Adorable! Loved it, very well written and constructed, a lovely piece of writing. :)
DoubleEO chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Awww, this is really good!
CNQ chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
A very sweet little tale. I love it.
AwRiter chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wow... that was a beautiful story. No joke, the last paragraph gave me goosebumps.

Very nice job, I hope to hear more like this.
sachariah chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wonderful piece!

I loved how 'internal' everything felt here, like a real behind the scenes look at the 501st. And though I'm obviously a big fan of Rex/Ahsoka (and I *did* squint :P) it was a special touch to see Fives take initiative here. I liked the subtle difference between Fives and Echo - it makes sense that Echo would decide logically if neither Skywalker or Rex has taken up the issue, neither should he. Whereas Fves is a bit more impulsive, and "wings it."

The image of the two of them sitting together, sharing a drink, was lovely and descriptive. I liked the balance you struck between Ahsoka's pride and independent spirit, and her honesty and a hint of vulnerability that comes through in this story. It fits her so well, in this setting.

Loved Fives lines here: "Jedi are supposed to be a lot of things they're not." He's a little blunt, and a little impulsive, and he clearly doesn't have a plan of what to say, but his honesty and real desire to help her wins out in the end.

And when Rex finds the two of them... yes, I was squinting, but I think I saw just a *speck* of jealousy there... ;) I'm hopeless, I know.

Wonderful writing. I would suggest a couple things. First, you have multiple characters talking in the same paragraph. That's unconventional, and a bit hard to read. Separating the lines for each speaker clears things up a lot.

Also, towards the end you switch tenses. Not sure if that was on purpose, but it struck me as a little odd.

Great work! Loved this!
Queen chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Aw, that was really sweet! It's always nice to see friendship fics between Ahsoka and the clones, and this one was very nice. I can easily imagine the nightmares getting bad for all of them as the war wears on. Good to see Ahsoka and Fives helping each other out, here. Great job!