Reviews for The Sacred And The Profane
Have you ever listened to 'Always' by Saliva? All of the lyrics feel like they can either be said by Caphriel or Zirah.
This story is... beautiful. It can have moments of humor and tragedy (mostly the latter), and is, overall, truly captivating.
Ersatz Einstein chapter 15 . 5/3
I saw this first on another site and instantly fell in love with it. There were some scattered grammatical errors (such as the double dashes in this chapter), but they could be easily ignored for the sake of the whole. The believability and depth of your characters, the careful balance between action and explanation, the careful avoidance of a happy ending - all elements combined to create a beautiful story.
Oh.
This story is AMAZING :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Absolutely beautiful story
AliesEve chapter 15 . 7/7/2014
Y-your version of Aziraphale is heartbreaking. Aziraphale's madness, his unknowing cruelty is frighteningly childlike. He breaks things. He is like the child who would abuse small animals and giggle. He doesn't mean to be cruel, rather he simply finds it all amusing and doesn't know it's wrong. I felt pity for Pollution there.

Then, I read about Caphriel already feeling very lost at the beginning of the story. Doubting, wondering, removed from his home above, and so very lonely. Assuming that they were both placed on this world at the same time like in canon, he's just lost someone he's known and loved for a very long time. If he remains on earth, and sees how it remains the same, uncaring, unchanging, diminished faith and all, I wonder how long it would take him to truly become bitter. I wonder how long it would take before he falls.

Cynical reviewer this one is. I wish you could add horror to the genre because it's all I felt while reading this one. It's horrifying to know how things could have been in another world, and then reading your version of the end.

It's a beautiful story.
Cyrano's Ghost chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
An epic re-write! I think evil!Aziraphale is terrifying and heart breaking at the same time (oh my god the thing with the duck) and I feel a bit like a traitor for saying this but I really enjoyed Crowley as an angel :) Of course he would be a *cool* angel!
It may have been kinder to just kill him at the end of the story though, because your version of the character doesn't strike me as having enough faith (rightly so) for any kind of happiness, even in the distant future. Poor angel...
I liked Adams' sympathy towards Zirah, and Newts' instant hatred of Caphriel. Anathema there could have been more of, (I always liked her) but I suppose there wasn't much fer her to do.
On the whole, a brilliant story.
Thank you for writing it.
Warm Regards,
cg
Samu chapter 15 . 10/8/2013
I loved seeing your view of demon Aziraphale and angel Crowley. They were similar enough to be recognizable and different enough to make sense. Their relationship was very heartbreaking yet beautiful. The plot was very interesting and a great take on the apocalypse. Very well done!
Riddle Master 101 chapter 15 . 8/24/2013
This is an incredible story. I can honestly say that I didn't have a clue who the angel and demon were (respectively) until this last chapter. I *should* have guessed, especially considering that a lot of Good Omens' fics abbreviate Aziraphale's name as Zira, but I honestly didn't make the connection until now, despite the personality and likes thing. VERY well done!

The ending was much more sad than I expected. Actually, the whole story was much more depressing and surprisingly violent than I expected. Not in a bad way, but...well, it's the sort of shock that you'd feel if Aziraphale suddenly turned violent. Which he did...fantastic!

Your characters are very well done and thought out. You managed to keep them in sync with the books while changing the situations and their reactions in a very believable manner. I love Caphriel. Really, really love his character. He's gloomy and amazing and so heartbreakingly tragic...love what you did with him. Adam's character was very well done as well. You've managed to script the dialogue perfectly.

Anyway, fantastic story. Very depressing and not a little sad (especially the ending), but truly incredible never the less. Well done.

Riddle
ChetUnGwan chapter 4 . 7/25/2013
Wow, this is just really kind of creepy. Okay, scratch the kind of part. And still really well written.
ocean's pebble chapter 15 . 5/12/2013
Wow. This was twisted, and beautiful, and made me cry like a baby at the end. Hope you're proud. You should be.
Summercloud chapter 15 . 3/30/2013
Wow.
Greyfaerie chapter 15 . 1/11/2013
That was. . . interesting. A little heartbreaking but very interesting. Thank you.
shippingdeath chapter 15 . 1/8/2013
Wow this story is amazing I cried soo much when Caphriel killed Zirah (wow that was weird to type)