Reviews for The Sacred And The Profane
MB chapter 15 . 6/19/2019
Okay, I’ve finished the story since my first post and, well, I don’t think I was prepared. I was told it was sad and twisted, but my heart is really in pieces.
MB chapter 2 . 6/19/2019
In addition to creative reinterpretations and that good good angst, this fic has some of the most evocative passages I’ve read in a while! I’d like to give a special shout-out to the part about Zirah’s eyes/mind being like shards of a mirror, which reminds me of that one description of Mr. Teatime from Hogfather. It really colored the way I read Zirah!
periferal chapter 15 . 6/16/2019
Guest chapter 15 . 6/16/2019
This was a really incredible story. I was completely hooked from beginning to end. It was horrifying and sad and so clever of your to write. And somehow it just made so much sense.
I was kind of expecting Adam to help Zirah, but I think I like the way you ended it more. I liked the "mercy" of Death telling Aziraphale that his name started with an A, and in a sense helping him to find his old self again. This was really incredible to read. Thank you for sharing it with the world.
mistrali chapter 15 . 6/14/2019
That was intense, and yet, somehow the redemptive ending felt right.
mistrali chapter 5 . 6/14/2019
Jesus. Demon!Aziraphale is creepy as all get-out, to say nothing of homicidal.
Talia chapter 15 . 6/12/2019
Y’now, I don't typically cry whilst reading stories, but I really began to fall apart around chapter 14. This fanfiction seems so raw, so *real,* in a way that I couldn't even begin to describe. To put it simply — you have put into me a sort of empathy. I can feel Zirah’s madness, as though it were my own, and Caphriel’s sadness just the same. And for that, I'd like to say, thank you. I can tell that you've worked hard on this story. Know that your efforts are cherished. I hope you have a spectacular day. 3
DarthAbby chapter 15 . 6/9/2019
-incoherent screaming- I WAS REC'D THIS FOC AND IDK WHETHER TO HUG OR KILL THE PERSON WHO REC'D IT TO ME

WHICH, I SUPPOSE, MEANS I'M CAPHRIEL NOW
Xionarte chapter 15 . 1/3/2018
I seem to have fallen silent as I read this work. Strange though their switched roles may be, I could not imagine a better way to write them. This was a beautiful experience, even as I trembled in horror of what happened. Zirah's madness was, in a way, chillingly real. I did not notice it, at least not consciously, before the moment where he would have happily murdered an innocent child. And most marvelous of all was that he was not evil, at least not in the way I define the concept. I would expect that a mad creature, a demon, would be evil, yet he is not.

In contrast to Zirah, Cophriel was something terribly sad to read. He seemed broken, even more than Zirah, though Zirah was certainly also, only in a different way. There could have only been one ending to the tale, but Zirah's death at the hands of Cophriel was still - not unexpected - but sudden. In terms of pacing, it was the perfect moment, but I still could not help but be startled. Like a bird that has suddenly found it can no longer fly, I was stranded, longing for something that it can no longer do, in this case reading further when this story has already be completed.

All in all, it was a great story, one of the best stories I have ever read. It felt like a broken, distorted mirror to Good Omens, and it was great. I can only hope to find such a wonderful story ever again.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
VB chapter 3 . 12/8/2017
I was not aware that Pratchett's style could be used for such depressing narrative. His prose has always been upbeat and jaunty, but with this fic its just constantly shrouded in intangible melancholy. You are amazing with words.
HoloXam chapter 15 . 10/27/2017
I've seen this fic and the concept of the role swapping mentioned here and there in the fandom. I thought, nah, that doesn't work. But it did. For some reason I figured it'd be fun to read, but... No. It hurt really good, though. And I couldn't put it down, I've been completely mesmerised for hours now. The fun in good omens is of course that good is evil and evil is good, and they're all just people in the end. So of course when you switch it around so that evil is mad and good is clinically depressed, of course it's not funny anymore. And murdering the toxic love to lead a boring healthy life... Oh Caphriel, or Crowley, or-... It will be okay. Someday. I really want to take a good cry right now, I think? ... So, feelings all over the place. That aside, much praise for style, the story staying so close to the outline of the book and still being utterly surprising and its own thing. If this was a book, I'd buy it. Thank you for writing. I think I'm done now. Thank you.
Call Me Bessie chapter 15 . 7/10/2017
Wow.
Oh my word, this story is amazing. You've captured the spirit of the book, albeit in a horribly twisted way, and you've captured precisely what Aziriphale and Crowley would be as demon and angel, rather than angel and demon. And I agree with Beelzebub; Zirah gives me the willies.
I love how logical the ending is to this story. The diversion of Armageddon was clearly well thought-out and in character for all involved, and having Zirah killed at the end proved that neither you nor Caphriel have any illusions about how incurably twisted Zirah is. Wonderful character development on that front for Caphriel, by the by.
All in all, wow.
raspberrymousse chapter 15 . 1/29/2016
My heart has just broken into a million little pieces but at the same time I am so glad I read your story. This is just so well-written. Everything is spot on, the characterisation, the tone... everything. Brilliant work.
Bentleys and Bookshops chapter 15 . 12/14/2015
This story...it breaks my heart every single time I read it. I've read it about three times now, I think, and it never fails to amaze me. Your writing style is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a little obsessed with Caphriel and Zirah, if I'm being perfectly honest. Bravo on a wonderfully tragic, twisted, beautiful story.
Celebirules3 chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Because apparently I cannot type, here is what I meant to say.
Oh gooood.I was going through my favorites, saw this and thought "Wow, I haven't read this in a while.I should read it again, it can't be that sad!" I WAS WRONG.I am now remembering why I haven't read this a second I WEEP LIKE A characters are true to the originals, while still showing how different they are.I can see Aziraphale in Zirah and Crowley in is amazing and heartbreaking, mainly because I can see this happening, and it all makes perfect is something that I can legitimately see it breaks my heart, because Zirah just wants to be an angel again, he just wants to go home.I can't read this without crying my heart out, and now I need to go read Good Omens again to make my heart stop hurting.
287 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »