Reviews for The Sacred And The Profane
Ka chapter 15 . 11/17/2015
Ah. That fic.
That one fic in this one fandom that makes you feel and ache and churns about in your head, and gives you bittersweet and hope and does not pull the punches.

It's been eight years since I've first read it.

I suspect it's the fifth time or so that I've read it now.
I don't usually re-read fics.
jejuneha chapter 6 . 11/12/2015
Reading this is like being punched repeatedly in the stomach because of how twisted the characters personality's are, and the worst thing is you still love with the story because it's written so well;-;...
jejuneha chapter 5 . 11/12/2015
This is so twisted I loVE IT
Noni chapter 15 . 11/8/2015
*inhuman noises as I sob into the carpet*
Bravo
Celebirules3 chapter 15 . 8/15/2015
Oh gooood.I was going through my favorites, saw this and thought "Wow, I haven't read this in a while.I should read it again!"I am now remembering why I haven't read this a second I WEEP LIKE A characters are true to the originals, while still showing how different they can see Aziraphale in Zirah and Crowley in is amazing and heartbreaking.
Haripoons chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
This fic is incredible. Not only is it practically indistinguishable from the writing style of the real book but the way you managed to capture Crowley and Aziraphale while switching around their roles was utterly brilliant. The ending, however, broke my heart. Every bit of this was absolutely perfect. Thank you for writing this. Just . . . thank you.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/5/2015
Have you ever listened to 'Always' by Saliva? All of the lyrics feel like they can either be said by Caphriel or Zirah.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/5/2015
This story is... beautiful. It can have moments of humor and tragedy (mostly the latter), and is, overall, truly captivating.
Ersatz Einstein chapter 15 . 5/3/2015
I saw this first on another site and instantly fell in love with it. There were some scattered grammatical errors (such as the double dashes in this chapter), but they could be easily ignored for the sake of the whole. The believability and depth of your characters, the careful balance between action and explanation, the careful avoidance of a happy ending - all elements combined to create a beautiful story.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/18/2015
This story is AMAZING :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Absolutely beautiful story
AliesEve chapter 15 . 7/7/2014
Y-your version of Aziraphale is heartbreaking. Aziraphale's madness, his unknowing cruelty is frighteningly childlike. He breaks things. He is like the child who would abuse small animals and giggle. He doesn't mean to be cruel, rather he simply finds it all amusing and doesn't know it's wrong. I felt pity for Pollution there.

Then, I read about Caphriel already feeling very lost at the beginning of the story. Doubting, wondering, removed from his home above, and so very lonely. Assuming that they were both placed on this world at the same time like in canon, he's just lost someone he's known and loved for a very long time. If he remains on earth, and sees how it remains the same, uncaring, unchanging, diminished faith and all, I wonder how long it would take him to truly become bitter. I wonder how long it would take before he falls.

Cynical reviewer this one is. I wish you could add horror to the genre because it's all I felt while reading this one. It's horrifying to know how things could have been in another world, and then reading your version of the end.

It's a beautiful story.
Cyrano's Ghost chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
An epic re-write! I think evil!Aziraphale is terrifying and heart breaking at the same time (oh my god the thing with the duck) and I feel a bit like a traitor for saying this but I really enjoyed Crowley as an angel :) Of course he would be a *cool* angel!
It may have been kinder to just kill him at the end of the story though, because your version of the character doesn't strike me as having enough faith (rightly so) for any kind of happiness, even in the distant future. Poor angel...
I liked Adams' sympathy towards Zirah, and Newts' instant hatred of Caphriel. Anathema there could have been more of, (I always liked her) but I suppose there wasn't much fer her to do.
On the whole, a brilliant story.
Thank you for writing it.
Warm Regards,
cg
Samu chapter 15 . 10/8/2013
I loved seeing your view of demon Aziraphale and angel Crowley. They were similar enough to be recognizable and different enough to make sense. Their relationship was very heartbreaking yet beautiful. The plot was very interesting and a great take on the apocalypse. Very well done!
287 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »