Reviews for Leave The Devil In The Dust
Soncnica chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
*splutters* this was awesome... beautiful (and true) descriptions of running and all the why's and the road ... and then BAM Lucifer ... lol :-) i can see him barely stumbling behind Sam :-)
And the ending... perfect :-)

S.
Cassandra-The Seer chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Yet another great story from you )
And you've had the same thoughts about Sam's running habit like me, I mean angels normaly teleport themselves... they don't really walk and so Lucifer's going to get a hard time. I love those.
How refreshing that had to be for Sam... to "win" once.
I think I'll be camping your profil... and go reading more stories when I've got time.
So... maybe until later? ;D
Cas-The Seer
Sammyscougar chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
LOL Just pictured Sam with his fuck off sign. Lucifer's face would have dropped.. Yet another piece of Awesome writing...
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Great story. Please keep up the great work.
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
This was such an original idea, and I love all of the descriptions of the scenery, etc. that you include throughout...plus the repetition of Sam's breathing pattern. All of it combines to make it feel like the reader is running right alongside Sam. And the part at the end about Lucifer lagging behind is the proverbial cherry on top! :)
SammysTeam chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Ohhhh my God, I LOVE this, and I LOVE you! Such a PERFECT little fic! ;D
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Agreed! Season 7 rocks!

I've always thought that with those legs and given his personality, that Sam would enjoy running. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in that!

What a wonderful introspection. Perfect, in fact.

Nicely done.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I love this season too. :)

It has been so nice to actually look forward to a new episode on Friday night again.

I enjoyed reading your missing scene to this episode.

I had to smile when Sam jogged backwards and saw Lucifer lagging behind complaining about donuts.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Until next time, take care.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Wow, this was stunning! That quote fit flawlessly with...well, EVERYTHING! Good call with that...And the rest...Beautiful. You perfectly captured Sam's attitude, and his inner thoughts and feelings, his motivation for running. Loved how you kept the beat and pacing of the run throughout the story-made the reader really feel part of what was going on. And the imagery of the Devil? Priceless and a lovely surprise at the end.

"Running was fantastic and gave him renewed energy, making him feel like a catastrophic hurricane. Like maybe he really could keep the pieces of his mind, body, and soul together." ...My favorite line, SUPERB work! :D :D :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Jane88 chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
"The thought of his overprotective brother shielding him from 'the big bad wolf' always put a smile on Sam's face." And on mine too. :)

Loved your overprotective Dean description the first time Sam wanted to run. Can really imagine that. And I totally adore "New Sam"! And the picture of Lucifer lagging behind him is just perfect. I absolutely enjoyed this! ;) And you're right, season 7 is awesome!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I so loved the cut scene Jared tweeted a link to - hysterical. And loved your story, so believable the reason Sam started running, it made him forget everything and the road didn't judge him. Perfect his leaving Lucifer hundreds of yards behind panting, unable to keep up. Had to smile at the Lance Armstrong quote especially as Dean kept calling Sam that in the episode and Sam kept telling him 'biking'!

That was perfection :)
DeansSammy chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
i so love that epi but i would have loved to see the uncut version
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Ah yes, wasn't sweaty Sam in his running gear the cutest thing ever! I made such fangirly noises when he appeared :-D

I actually laughed out loud a couple of times here! When Sam started thinking about the road and how it didn't care where he'd been and what he'd done, I started thinking "wasn't there a movie like that once"... and then Sam named it for me :-). And when he turned round and saw the devil sweating and panting way behind him - loved that bit!

And the Lance Armstrong quote at the beginning was just perfect - I laughed every time Dean called him Lance in the ep!
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Great tag story! I can totally see Sam thinking things like this while he's running. How the exercise would help his physical and mental rehabilitation. The endorphins released from the exercise would definately help to keep Lucifer at bay. Cool idea that each step is another brick in Sam's restructure of his wall.

Nice job! :)
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Cute add on. Loved it and YES season 7 is beyound awesome. I really think this is the best season in three years! Last year was my lease favorite but this one totally makes up for it!