Reviews for Back and Forth
GlassMazeGazer chapter 38 . 12/21/2019
See, now I’m wondering if there are secret vampire institutions/hospitals for mentally unstable & insane vampires. Probably not, lacking sufficient violence & all, but ...
GlassMazeGazer chapter 37 . 12/21/2019
Why does she still tell herself she owes Bill a chance? If she owed him anything it would be a STAKE to his heart for all he put her through, continues to put her through, & plans on putting her through.

It’s a darn shame no one has mentioned to her that Eric’s been faithful & Bill’s still enjoying multiple feed& fucks a night (up, he sure loves her!).
GlassMazeGazer chapter 36 . 12/21/2019
A good succinct paragraph where you showed Jesus struggling a bit to keep up with the Dallas story. The actual wording in the story was minimal but it triggered my imagination about what it would be like to be in Jesus’ position trying to grasp the crazy things Sookie actually went through while there, outside of her dreams. Also, great moment when he shows her his obvious surprise & shack that she was more mad at Eric over something he *said* than she was mad at Bill for nearly draining her.

I was pleased to see Jesus continue to point out how bad Bill’s behavior looked to him, ‘cuz apparently, even once a very low wattage lightbulb goes on in Sookie’s head, she still stubbornly clings to remaining a dimwit. SERIOUSLY SOOKIE — all the Eric dreams are caring & loving and his kisses are like supernovas and you admitted you’re in love with him — nothing you fell for, with, or from Bill comes close to that in intensity except the shitty things he’s done to you! Hell! If you were drowning & someone offered to save you, you’d probably tell them you needed to think some more about it first! What could Bill possibly tell you at dinner that would make things any clearer? GAH!

You don’t need to talk to Bill except to say, “I’m with Eric, I love him, so long Bill, please LET the door hit you on the way out, and please, please be a stranger! (And Eric should be standing next to you when you send Bill on his way to make sure he really goes & doesn’t try to grab you!)
GlassMazeGazer chapter 35 . 12/21/2019
Oh, FINALLY a lightbulb has popped on enough for her to be really registering the likelihood that Bill is a creep. It’s a very dim bulb, but it’s on. I just have to hope it’s one of those three way bulbs that can get brighter then brighter again as these two kept sifting through the dreams.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 33 . 12/21/2019
Sookie gets an A for crossing Alcide off the list!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 32 . 12/21/2019
I really question the common sense in choosing to have Bill over for dinner, alone, at the farmhouse. After all the sneaky, pushy, manipulative things he’s done to get her — some of which she’s finally stopped ignoring, she still trusts that creep enough to be in her isolated house with no protection if he blows a gasket or does something really, really underhanded a la Rattrays. (In her shoes, I wouldn’t want to be in the same state as Bill much less having him as her closest neighbor & with Alcide chasing after her now like a herd of cupcake bearing cheerleaders doggin’ the quarterback, I would think Bon Temps would be a pretty uncomfortable place for her.)

BUT, I will cut her a little slack. At least she exercising some common sense when she’s thinking things through now. It’s a start.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 30 . 12/20/2019
It’s a good thing Eric has Dream Eric in his corner or Sookie would never hear much good about him. Dream Eric seems to be the only way Sookie sees & is likely to believe anything positive about Eric, at least up until very recently. She ignores or makes excuses for or forgives every shitty thing Bozo Bill does, but just let Eric say or do anything even slightly imperfectly and she’s running through her laundry list of every bad thing she thinks she knows about him.

Also, I know this is typical of most SVM/TB & related FF stories, but I hate that in trying to win her love & acceptance, Eric turns himself inside out & starts feeling guilty & apologetic because he didn’t handle her craziness in a way that enables her delusions of always being right.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 29 . 12/20/2019
This Sookie is constantly just thoughtlessly insensitive to Eric. After she literally throws herself at him, initiating a lingering hug, he calls her min kära and she points it out followed up with, “It's okay―for now―but if I decide to be alone or to be with someone else . . ." WTH? Bitch! It’s a torture device only for use on Eric. She dangles the treat then smacks him on the nose when he displays the slightest interest. Bill has consistently continued to call her sweetheart & darling, but she makes no objections to him. Sam & Alcide make her feel all warm & fuzzy calling her cher. It makes me want to punch her in the face, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t fly with Eric.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 28 . 12/20/2019
When I think of a Bill character, in my mind’s eye I see a yappy, shivering, short-haired chihuahua. One of those prancing little things that never shuts-up because he’s constantly trying to prove to the world that he’s a big dog? Give me an actual big dog any day!

(Chihuahua lovers, no offence intended. I love most dogs, even tiny ones, but chihuahuas & poodles, not so much — too frail & neurotic looking for me.)
GlassMazeGazer chapter 22 . 12/20/2019
Maybe the Sookie characters & her types in RL are so tempted by the Bill, Sam, & Alcide types (You know — the men who play all chivalrous & swear how much they love you, but if you take a clear eyed peek behind their backs/masks, they’re dragging cages or little boxes to stuff you in once you’re hooked? You’ll be their ‘girl’ or their ‘little woman’ who needs to be sheltered and who they have no actual respect for as an adult partner to them?). That way the Sookies & her types in the world can enjoy puffing themselves up as independent, spouting declarations & protests, but never actually bothering to step up themselves. I call them pseudo-feminists. All talk, often with contradictory notions that frequently conflict with real feminist ideals. It’s a long, bruising fall once you tumble off the pedestal those guys put you on to stroke your ego & start trying to mold you to fit their ideal woman.

Give me an Eric type any day, even without the pretty looks & wads of money. They may say things you don’t want to hear sometimes, but they mean what they say & say what they mean, and they don’t have any concealed cages or boxes. You’re both on the same level, you have his respect as a grown-up, & he expects you to step up & contribute just as he’ll step up & contribute on his side of the partnership. These guys don’t do pedestals, but they’ll gladly take turns holding or climbing the ladder with you.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 21 . 12/20/2019
Judging by the white light Eric saw in his bond with her, her ability to ‘call’ him in her dream & his ability to consciously respond & go to her in a dream, plus her continued dreams of Eric that contain real information that proves out when she’s awake, my guess is that they initiated a fairy bond. Not being based on blood, the Fae bond would continue to exist.

Ack! Gag me! One of my least favorite qualities of Sookie characters is measuring love by whether the male in question is willing to die for her, particularly when these same Sookies are completely reckless & thoughtless about jumping into danger with both feet. (If you love me you have to be willing to die for me no matter how recklessly I behave, no matter how many times I go against your expert advice, & no matter how many times I insist I can ‘take care of myself’ knowing full well that I always expect you to show up for me.). That’s a pretty harsh ruler! What’s even more outrageous is that she never even thinks about how selfish & greedy her own attitude is. She decided (TB) that Eric should risk everything to protect her without expecting anything in return. I’m not saying she should prostitute herself, but how conceited & ‘high handed’ is she to think anyone should risk everything for nothing — not even an acknowledgement of friendship (Sookies do a whole lot of treating Erics in ways you would never treat a friend.) Hell, I’d even say that if she expects so much from him, she should at least be willing to give dating him a real try rather than absolutely refusing him. It’s great if someone is willing to come to your defense, although I think that should be a reciprocal willingness, but ‘to die’ — seriously? How helpful is that really? Who helps her & defends her after her protector dies? Better that the person helping to defend you is thinking how to keep BOTH OF YOU ALIVE so the defender can continue helping. Ugh! Immature, nonsensically, romantic drivel from fairytales & romance novels that set real women up for failed relationships due to ridiculous expectations. Okay, sorry — rant over.

I sure hope this Sookie has progressed enough, after that packet & letter from Eric, to rationally & consciously compare what Eric & Bill have just offered her & judge things with more fairness in the next chapter. It’s more than high time she look at things as they are, not as her prejudiced, knee-jerk notions have been seeing them. Bill loves her? He brought cut flowers, offered to feed her more of his blood, & made his standard declarations. He never — past or present — assisted her with her home or provided her any kind of protection except his own blood & earnest words — oh, & thinking to himself that Sookie should stay at Lafayette’s place so other vampires can’t get to her. But selfish old Eric thought ahead to prevent her from permanently losing her home while she was missing, he bought it for more than market value, renovated it & its contents, now he’s just giving it back to her — for $1. On top of that he’s providing her guards around the clock, taking care that she will be comfortable with them, & hasn’t asked for anything in return. I get it would take her time to get her head completely on straight, but if she’s still unable to weigh what she’s gotten from E&B against each other & see that Eric has blown Bill out of the water, then she’s an embarrassment to women everywhere — even fictional women!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 17 . 12/20/2019
Sookie MUST be very confused. Clearly her capacity for logical reasoning is not in top shape.

There are lots of problems with Bill’s behavior & words (which are easier to see as a reader than Sookie could, of course), but there was an easy, glaring item toward the end of the S/B dialogue. Unless the chronology in this story is different than TB, or my memory of the series is a bit off, Bullshitting Bill did not ‘become king’ for Sookie. As I recall, he became king while she was in Faery. He had written her off as dead long before she learned of his position. She was surprised after she returned home to hear that he had become king (as she was that Jason had become a cop).

Even if the details in my memory are off on the timing, with the blood out of her system, it shouldn’t be difficult to see that he has not been compliant with her request to be left alone until she makes contact. That is blatant disrespect & disrespect is all he has ever shown her. A mountain of disrespect that size shouldn’t be hard for anyone to notice.

I get how the storytelling works, building a bit at a time to the big ending, but one of the things that always bothers me in SVM/TB & related FF stories is how inconsistently stupid the Sookies are written to be when it comes to Bill (& of course in thinking before rushing straight into the latest danger). The character shows a lot of intelligence in other matters but ignores EVERY signal she gets that Bill is a rat. Since she’s no longer got his blood clouding her judgment in this story I expected her to start really picking up on clues instead of continuing to ignore them or make excuses for his suspicious & outright bad behavior. I wasn’t expecting a miracle, choosing Eric as soon as she woke-up, just for her capacity for logic & careful observation to be fully restored with the blood blinders out of the way.
imamarx10 chapter 94 . 12/7/2019
so sick and tired of all the eric and sookie stories
TeamEricNSookie chapter 96 . 8/13/2019
In addition I wish there had been some kind of wrap up on the whole Bill storylines he. He so gets on my nerves. And try s very selfish, in both the books and the tv show.
TeamEricNSookie chapter 94 . 8/13/2019