Reviews for somewhere there's a room for us to speak alone
Useless-Materia chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
This was beautiful, and I just wanted it to go one forever and ever. I loved the whole thing, the universe you created, the words you used, all of it. I particularly loved mature Finn. He was the perfect mixture of the high school Finn we know and the maturity and confidence 10 years gets you. It was wonderful.
RockerPrincess83 chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
amazing. pure perfection
lunafishy chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
That was so powerful, and completely lovely - I love me some Future Finchel fics. This was just wonderful - the ending was so perfectly written!
egyouppt chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
jess. how do you perfect? the writing is so good and emotive. and i love how you can perfectly capture just how much finn and rachel are still ~tethered to each other. both emotionally and physically. and i love love the end part where rachel says it's okay for it to matter. that was beautiful. the whole thing was beautiful and i love you ok. brb crying
monroeslittle chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
goodness, Jess - leave it to you to write a finchel future!fic so different from any I've read before! I love how you've take the characters we know and love and changed them, made them older and different, touched by experiences that we can only imagine, but they're still Finn and Rachel. And I love *so much* that Rachel has a note of hope in her thoughts at the end - and not just because I love happy endings so much! It's almost if the optimism Rachel was so filled with in high school managed to peak through the cynicism that's emerged in her over ten years - as if Finn brings out that in her, and, gah, I just loved it.

And, as per your usual, this was so beautifully written. I really, really like clean, precise writing much more so than what people would call "pretty" writing - it's a personal preference - but there's something about the imagery you use that I just love. It's like you still use clear, clean writing, yet you add a kind of beauty to it that makes it so good I continually have to stop and re-read a line just to think "damn, that's good!"

This is a random line to pull out, but I really liked this: "It seems that even at the age of twenty-eight, Rachel still hasn't shaken every vestige of melodrama from her bones – she whirls around to face the bartender and brandishes her empty cup in his face." this simple, random line is just the perfect example of what a good writer you are, and how well you write Glee. okay, I've started to sound crazy, so I'll stop, but this was really, really good, and I can't wait to read what else you come up with! :)
LC 86 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I really love your stories and this one is no exception. Wonderful. Please keep writing!
childliketendencies chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Wow. Totally unexpected, I have to say - this take on their future. This particular one. It's not one often visited so maybe it's that which already made me quite heavy-hearted when I started out reading, and I won't deny that I was half-expecting something bad to happen to keep them apart (since she seems so jaded in an almost delicious way) that by the end I had to release a breath that I wasn't aware I was holding.

The way you write this truly makes one almost fever along with every word, hoping they'll somehow survive this night without some damage to their what feels like very fragile souls. I had to stop myself from wanting to tell them that they'd make it if they only just believed in it again.

Amazing story - as always :)
sandra-wfg chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Sequel please?
laylita83 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Love it! really different but i love it!
Marie chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
What a lovely story as usual, adding to my favourites :)
theluckyclover chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
i'm impressed at how well written this is. their conversation was so witty, i reminded me of blair and chuck/dan in gossip girl.
rachhudson chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
JESS THIS IS SO PRETTY! it's lovely and i've never read anything like it and you're just so great at words i hope you know that! excellent job ;)
EdieRose chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
That was ridiculously amazing.
rbbhudson chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I'm kinda upset this is a oneshot. It was amazing and I wish there was a backstory! But it's awesome regardless!
CarmenMauri chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Gorgeous writing. There's so much detail and imagery and WOW. I have to admit, though, my heart is saddened by Rachel's cynicism. Makes me wish this was longer, so that we knew exactly what went wrong between them. Either way, I can only describe this as gorgeous.