Reviews for For We Are Many
Yankee718 chapter 15 . 6/27
I freaking LOVE THIS STORY! And that ending brought a tear to my eyes oh man what a story
Revliledpembroke chapter 43 . 12/11/2015
Well, your space battle knowledge needs a bit of work. The Collector ship would not have sufficient shields to ram through the debris field every time. The Normandy had no need to sit still while firing their Thanix cannon, as they could fire and then move and fire again. Frigates are made for maneuver warfare. In those kinds of battles, sitting still is death. Thus battling in the debris field is a terrible idea and going into open space a much better idea. There is room to dodge in open space. Or even fire at the Collector ship from an angle which the Collector ship could not return fire.
Also, the only reason to kill off people who could easily survive in the game (especially since their loyalty missions were in fact completed) is because you're a heartless bastard. Obviously. Though Jack losing her new mentor is a little cliché, isn't it? Other than that, good work and I like most of the changes you made.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/1/2015
Good story so far, well rewritten and flows nice... But where's Grunt?
tankobite chapter 40 . 7/22/2015
Excellent end to the suicide mission! Pretty rough going there and I think that you made the right call in killing a few of the crew. I never had the heart to let anyone die in the game when it was so easy to keep everyone alive, but it really doesn't live up to the "suicide mission' name if pretty much everyone survives without a scratch.

Fantastic chapter
tankobite chapter 38 . 7/21/2015
So I finally got to this point. I've liked most of the changes you've gone with and they seem pretty reasonable.

I know what you mean, sometimes romance can be pretty tough. I think you did a pretty good job of being adult about it without being tasteless.

Looking forward to finishing the story and moving on to the third.
dhorvat chapter 2 . 7/7/2015
good story
tankobite chapter 3 . 5/8/2015
Hey, I'm sure you don't remember me at all, but I reviewed this story years ago when I was teaching English overseas.

I'm not a grad student and honestly I've kind of fallen out of the ME fandom. But on a lark I decided to check my ff stuff and started reading "Darkest Night" again.

I really enjoyed it. It reminded me why I liked Mass Effect in the first place. And reading this chapter was like falling in love (metaphorically speaking) with the series again and Tali and Shepard.

I really love how you make such a huge deal about the physical contact for the Tali and it was a very emotional moment.

I'm really glad to see that you've kept up with this and I plan to finish this one and start on your next story. Heck, for the first time in about 8 months I've had an itch to get back to writing my own story about Torfan and I'll thank you for that!

Keep it up. It's a lovely story.
craig mills chapter 43 . 5/3/2015
Love we are many so illusive man killed then brought back to life by the sounds of it hmmm nice idea wasnt sure about it at first but its grown on me.

Havent heard abything about lia yet and the reaper tech? Is she ok?
Murus chapter 43 . 2/26/2015
Wow, it's been quite a ride :)

I have to say, I'm not sure I liked some of your alterations to canon. What comes to mind in particular is the geth merging process that Legion undergoes - I think it might be going too far, and it feels a bit deus ex machina.
But most of what you changed I didn't mind at all, or I even liked it :)

All in all, this (and TDN) is a great piece of work, and you would be right to be proud!
I don't know why FitS is only at 3 chapters still (haven't started reading it yet), but I hope you come back to it soon. I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Murus chapter 36 . 2/24/2015
You have the following embedded in the text here for some reason: "about:newtab". Search it and you'll find it.
Murus chapter 35 . 2/24/2015
Just a logical continuity problem if I may... you said that the derelict reaper is airless, thus everyone has to be suited. Yet at one point Jack spits at the deck. How is this possible, considering that you didn't seem to mention at any point that the team arrived at a place with an atmosphere where they removed their helmets?
The King in White chapter 29 . 12/11/2014
I can't blame you for keeping with the narrative of the actual series, but I wanted to back pedal a bit. It's been a long time since I played ME2, so I'm probably missing some memories of my playthrough. But based on this, I was - not confused, since I know it happens and is justified in the game - I noticed that Jacob's reactions are really odd in the context of what's written.

There's nothing in Ronald's log entries that actually justifies the hostility you give Jacob here. Of the four entries, we get a very clear picture that the only thing that actually happened was:

Entry 12) Acting captain. Crash landing. Neurotoxic fauna. Moved inland. Nontoxic food rationed for the officers. Male unranked men turn violent after time, females turn docile.

Entry 3) Only three officers left, food had to be rationed again to preserve clear minded leadership. Renner is assigned to fix the beacon, but seems to be spending time with women instead. Sexual abuse by Renner implied.

Entry 4) Renner was purposely sabotaging repair effort. Ronald killed him in a rage and accidentally killed Jameson. Attempts to assuage personal guilt over the murder as a lesson about not betraying the crew. Gives up hope of any rescue. Becomes resolved to treat the crew kindly until he loses his own mind.

What of that comes across as actually reprehensible? As Miranda noted, it was pragmatic and a bit chilling, but restricting food for the command is the most sensible thing. And once it became clear that males grew violent over time after exposure, and the exposure wasn't curable, execution or exile are your only options if you intend to protect everyone else. You spend ten years on a planet desperate to take everyone home, and you find out one of your closest confidants and only clear minded friends left has been lying to you and sabotaging the escape - suspiciously spending time with women and probably abusing them? Flying into a murderous rage over it is understandable. And then giving up in despair, only resolving to keep your mind as long as you can to protect whoever is left? Expected.

Assuming that Ronald did everything to live out a harem fantasy doesn't make any sense at all from the logs given or even the information given by the mentally unstable people encountered. So unless there were logs off screen that you forgot from the game or encounters or something that was supposed to tell us that it was all about harems, I don't see how Jacob could arrive at that conclusion.
Ave Imperium chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
I think it would be best to go back and remove all the bold words. After all, you don't see it in books and personally, I think it has much less impact than you probably intend. Especially when it is so common.

Along with that, I don't find it very appealing and think the story would be a pleasenter read without them.

Happy writing,
Ave.
Tomon chapter 43 . 9/2/2014
*praise downpour* :)
So we got pretty standart ME3 starting point for Shepard though the company is definitely better. Tali by itself would be enough but Kaidan seems intelligent which is a nice plus :-D
On the other hand Harper definitely wouldn't be so happy about the change. On the other hand he may in fact dodge the bullet if we would follow the whole Cerberus indoctrication thing...
Quarians again feel that billions years old sentient machines are just to boring by itself, so they need to poke the Geth.
And council lack Shepard to dismiss some of his latest fantasies so they fire Anderson instad.
I think that they reapers may die out of laughter. Maybe the first cycle when the threat is known, when they can't use Citadel, when they were already stoped from coming few times. But does the galaxy care? Nah, petty struggles first, coming doomsday is not what it used to be :-D

Anyway, awesome chapter to even more awesome story so what can I say more? *click* "follow Fire in the Star" ;-)
Guest chapter 40 . 8/28/2014
That sucks Samara and Taylor died they could have lived but hurtyou know