Reviews for For We Are Many
Murus chapter 43 . 2/26
Wow, it's been quite a ride :)

I have to say, I'm not sure I liked some of your alterations to canon. What comes to mind in particular is the geth merging process that Legion undergoes - I think it might be going too far, and it feels a bit deus ex machina.
But most of what you changed I didn't mind at all, or I even liked it :)

All in all, this (and TDN) is a great piece of work, and you would be right to be proud!
I don't know why FitS is only at 3 chapters still (haven't started reading it yet), but I hope you come back to it soon. I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Murus chapter 36 . 2/24
You have the following embedded in the text here for some reason: "about:newtab". Search it and you'll find it.
Murus chapter 35 . 2/24
Just a logical continuity problem if I may... you said that the derelict reaper is airless, thus everyone has to be suited. Yet at one point Jack spits at the deck. How is this possible, considering that you didn't seem to mention at any point that the team arrived at a place with an atmosphere where they removed their helmets?
The King in White chapter 29 . 12/11/2014
I can't blame you for keeping with the narrative of the actual series, but I wanted to back pedal a bit. It's been a long time since I played ME2, so I'm probably missing some memories of my playthrough. But based on this, I was - not confused, since I know it happens and is justified in the game - I noticed that Jacob's reactions are really odd in the context of what's written.

There's nothing in Ronald's log entries that actually justifies the hostility you give Jacob here. Of the four entries, we get a very clear picture that the only thing that actually happened was:

Entry 12) Acting captain. Crash landing. Neurotoxic fauna. Moved inland. Nontoxic food rationed for the officers. Male unranked men turn violent after time, females turn docile.

Entry 3) Only three officers left, food had to be rationed again to preserve clear minded leadership. Renner is assigned to fix the beacon, but seems to be spending time with women instead. Sexual abuse by Renner implied.

Entry 4) Renner was purposely sabotaging repair effort. Ronald killed him in a rage and accidentally killed Jameson. Attempts to assuage personal guilt over the murder as a lesson about not betraying the crew. Gives up hope of any rescue. Becomes resolved to treat the crew kindly until he loses his own mind.

What of that comes across as actually reprehensible? As Miranda noted, it was pragmatic and a bit chilling, but restricting food for the command is the most sensible thing. And once it became clear that males grew violent over time after exposure, and the exposure wasn't curable, execution or exile are your only options if you intend to protect everyone else. You spend ten years on a planet desperate to take everyone home, and you find out one of your closest confidants and only clear minded friends left has been lying to you and sabotaging the escape - suspiciously spending time with women and probably abusing them? Flying into a murderous rage over it is understandable. And then giving up in despair, only resolving to keep your mind as long as you can to protect whoever is left? Expected.

Assuming that Ronald did everything to live out a harem fantasy doesn't make any sense at all from the logs given or even the information given by the mentally unstable people encountered. So unless there were logs off screen that you forgot from the game or encounters or something that was supposed to tell us that it was all about harems, I don't see how Jacob could arrive at that conclusion.
Ave Imperium chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
I think it would be best to go back and remove all the bold words. After all, you don't see it in books and personally, I think it has much less impact than you probably intend. Especially when it is so common.

Along with that, I don't find it very appealing and think the story would be a pleasenter read without them.

Happy writing,
Ave.
Tomon chapter 43 . 9/2/2014
*praise downpour* :)
So we got pretty standart ME3 starting point for Shepard though the company is definitely better. Tali by itself would be enough but Kaidan seems intelligent which is a nice plus :-D
On the other hand Harper definitely wouldn't be so happy about the change. On the other hand he may in fact dodge the bullet if we would follow the whole Cerberus indoctrication thing...
Quarians again feel that billions years old sentient machines are just to boring by itself, so they need to poke the Geth.
And council lack Shepard to dismiss some of his latest fantasies so they fire Anderson instad.
I think that they reapers may die out of laughter. Maybe the first cycle when the threat is known, when they can't use Citadel, when they were already stoped from coming few times. But does the galaxy care? Nah, petty struggles first, coming doomsday is not what it used to be :-D

Anyway, awesome chapter to even more awesome story so what can I say more? *click* "follow Fire in the Star" ;-)
Guest chapter 40 . 8/28/2014
That sucks Samara and Taylor died they could have lived but hurtyou know
Sperance chapter 43 . 8/28/2014
And so it's done. To be honest, some things in the story were different from what I'd have done, yet they blended so well in the story that I couldn't actually fault them. I enjoyed this story immensely, because despite the changes, it still retained that feeling of Mass Effect that I love. I seriously can't wait to see what your divergences bring
Ultramarine756 chapter 43 . 8/28/2014
Cant wait for the next story doing great
rangersleadtheway chapter 43 . 8/28/2014
Look forward to your next installment! Keep up the good work, also am pleased to hear that you will be following your own way rather than Bioware's way of ME3
Darman Sejuk chapter 43 . 8/28/2014
Nice ending. Hope there's a sequel. What happened to Lei'Veil?
The Doxy chapter 43 . 8/27/2014
"Harper"

HA! Betrayed by his people and his cause, I wonder how ol' Timmy is going to fare in the next installation.

What a great setup. Now its time to go back and once again read through both TDN and FWAM to satiate my hunger for moaaaaarrr
mordreek chapter 43 . 8/27/2014
This is definitely your best cliff hanger yet. You have assured us that you won't be following canon but have set things up as if you were...this is going to be good to see how things change (hopefully for the better) for our heros
wanako chapter 43 . 8/27/2014
omg, dude! What a set up! This is going to be GOOD.
Ghostprone52 chapter 42 . 8/27/2014
2 weeks have I waited for these chapters glad its over with cant wait to read FITS