Reviews for Tough All Over
Selene467 chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
Brilliant story! Thank you for giving me somthing to fill that horrible gap in the series. I loved it all, the hospital chapters, the good nurse Norma, and Dean's super big brother tendencies. I can't get enough of Dean in the big brother role and Sam being injured and in need of his brother and Bobby being the perfect uncle/dad figure.

Dean hitting the security guard and then being backed up by Bobby was brilliant and I loved how only Dean's touch was needed to calm Sam down again. You sure know how to write these super emotional and touchy stories about them three.

And wow, I never considered the possibility of Sam having developed Epilepsy. I'm so deep into the supernatural aspect of the series -which I can't be blame dofr after 6 seasons of one monster after another and their injuries almost always being from something supernatural- that it totally skipepd my imagination that all this shit could lead to an actual realistic injury/illness. So way the go!

But most importantly, you've given me hope about Cas. Having seen my favorite angel in his vessel form since he entered the series, it sort of slipepd my mind that he doens't neccessarily NEED a vessel. So now that you wrote this possibility, I ahve hope that Cas is still out there, just without a vessel or something. If he does come back though in canon, I sure hope he doens't have a different vessel, I like Misha too much. I really hate that he's SUPPOSEDLY gone and this series has had so many twists and turns and surprises, I'm hoping Cas will also become a twist and that he returns.

Again, thanks for giving me hope for that loveable angel.

Also great idea that -if Cas is still out there- that it's psosible he healed Sam's head injury. Because in canon there was a three-week skip, I never experienced that Sam was in very critical danger and thus we have no clue as to how, three weeks later, they are all just peachy.

I loved this story and it should have totally been in the series. Those writers need to seriously get in touch with you, cause this was so much better than a simple three week skip ahead in time. Don't they realise by now that we WANT the angst/drama/hurt/comfort/injury stuff! They could have done so much with Sam and Dean in the hospital, especially since this time it was Sam who was critically injured. And as far as I remember Sam has never been in a hospital bed for very long ,other than being pushed inside the hospital, being treated and voila he's up again, while other characters, espeiclaly Dean remain in the bed longer and have the worrying Sam looking voer them. I want a serious Sam in hospital episode with Dean at his side!

Anyway, super thanks for this and hope to read more from you.

Greetz Selene467
SPN Mum chapter 7 . 11/29/2011
This was a really fun story to read, even if I was worried about Sam for most of it. lol I just love the relationship between Sam, Dean and Bobby. Can never get enough of that special love they have for each other. :D
SammysTeam chapter 7 . 11/25/2011
Awww, SO glad you wrote this! I too was rolling my eyes at the fast pace that episode had. I love Jensen and his directing, but that episode was a HUGE let down to me. Er...the first 20 minutes of it anyway. Cuz the episode right before was written beautifully and ending on an AMAZING cliff hanger, it had me going, OH MY GOD, they're going to a hospital full of monsters that wanna EAT them, and Sam is seizing in the ambulance, and we'll FINALLY get to see him in the hospital, and Dean can't do anything cuz of his broken leg, and BOBBY'S MISSING, how could the next episode POSSIBLY fix all of this?..and then of course, it DIDN'T. Within like..the first 10 minutes, they're all out of the hospital, Bobby's fine, without telling how or why, and totally okay with the fact that his house is gone, cuz he OF COURSE saved copies of everything he had, Sam's up, walking around, completely healed, Dean's about to be walking again, leg magically all healed up as well..I think that was BAD story writing, and I was highly disappointed in the Supernatural crew there. If they wanna build up all kinds of expectations and tension..then they need to be able to finish it. *frowns* But anyway, SO glad there writers like YOU in the world to make it all better, this was awesome! ;D
Aesop's Julie chapter 5 . 11/16/2011
Oh goodness. I'm loving this. That last chapter was fantastic, but as soon as I read the "in this case, done sharing Sam" line, I just melted. It nearly brought tears to my eyes with how simple yet how wonderfully genuine it was. You have a gift, my friend. Thank you for writing this.
Sparkiebunny chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
OMG this chap...this chap was just fabulous. The beginning, with Dean and Bobby fangirling and talkign and watching their soap-priceless! I love that you kept it lighthearted and fun in such a Winchester way! I can totally see this happening on screen, without a doubt. Add that to the Cas stuff again? The perfect combination of humor and heart, exactly like the show.

Fave parts:

"I've been taking care of him by myself since...Since forever."

...GUH. Is there anything to say about this line? *considers this* I don't think so, except it's perfect and GUHGUHGUHGUH times a million.

"And like their dad, Bobby was being tough on him now because he wanted to make sure Dean was prepared to take care of himself and his brother."

...Great insight into Bobby's behaviors.

"And while it was Dean's duty as a big brother to make sure Sam not only knew about the temporary reemergence of those tendencies but to also tease his brother mercilessly about them once Sam was fully recovered – for now...this arrangement was just fine with Dean."

...Of course it would be. Dean is Dean and wouldn't have it any other way. :) Loved this.

Awesome chapter and fantastic tag overall! Satisfying and heartwarming and GUH-worthy to the extreme! Awesome work! MWAH!
TinTin11 chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Wonderful ending! Or rather beginning, to tie back in where the episode started! It was extremely satisfying to have that huge gap filled! Loved the Ricardo banter! Plus Sam being all clingy and Dean secretly loving it! You've done it again my dear Marianna! Bravo!
Rolletti chapter 7 . 11/12/2011
For some reason I couldn't review when this was posted, but I remember reading it greedily. This is another missing scene from the show and think every fangirl needs to demand a flashback with this story. :) Dean watching that show cracked me up and you just enlightened it with Dean and Bobby's conversation. And sweet Sam unable to say anything shown bright throughout the whole story. You get an A for that one. I just realized this is the last chapter in this story, so I'll poke my bottom lip in eventually and wait impat...patiently for the future stories.

Thanks again for sharing,

Rolletti
sentarla chapter 7 . 11/11/2011
I totally agree with you. I was also annoyed that we did not get our deserved Sammy hurt protective dean quota after that ep. Thank you do very much for fixing that for me/us. Great story and loved how you were able to slip cas into it. I also believe he will be back :-)
Thorny Hedge chapter 7 . 11/10/2011
I finally got the free time to read the lat four chapters. Thank you SO much for writing this. We hurt!Sam girls were so robbed by the SPN writers-they totally dropped the ball on Sam's head injury.

Dean's punching him in the head in the next episode was not a stroke of genius either.

Great stuff!
moviegeek03 chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
This make me smile so much! I loved all the fandom references in the beginning...that made me giggle lol. And then cuddly Sam and protective Dean definitely made me happy. It was so cute to see them that way and how you also said Dean would tease him later. Made it that much more believable :). Great job with this story! I loved every bit of it and it was such a nice distraction from chaos of school. Thanks!
Sparkiebunny chapter 6 . 11/8/2011
Another phenomenal chapter! Seriously, you blow me away every time. The emotional connection between everyone and everyone AMAZES me because it's so real, I can practically touch it and feel it and live it. Fab. U. Lous.

Fave parts:

"Bobby wrinkled his nose at the memory of how that was just the beginning."

...This line brought a certain sense of dread and heaviness that was so sad, but brilliantly placed. Well done!

"Sam had clung to Dean in his disoriented misery as Dean had alternated between offering quiet reassurances and nonverbal comfort."

...Yup, that about sums up the image in my mind! Perfection!

"Do you think Sam is better?"

...Loved Dean asking this, because even though he knows more than anyone how Sam is, he still craves that reassurance that his little brother is ok, is gonna be ok. He knows best, but he needs to hear it from someone else, too. GUH.

"Because that was always how it worked with Dean; Dean would rather suffer anything as long as it spared Sam."

...*loves this because it is exactly true and perfect*

GUH, and the whole thing about Cas, about him being 'out there' somewhere, maybe healing Sam, trying to make up for his wrongs. So damn perfect, and that it came from YOU made it all the more special. :)) This bit might've been my overall favorite:

"And if Dean believed anything, he believed the possibility of Cas still being out there; still looking out for them in some way; still being their guardian angel despite everything."

*dies*

Thank you for being you and writing such awesomeness into my life! :D :D :D
Sparkiebunny chapter 5 . 11/8/2011
This chappie was awesome! Loved the caringness and gentleness Dean showed, and the way that the reader could feel everything from every character. And it still blows me away how you manage to keep EVERY SINGLE WORD totally in-character...no, not just every word, everyTHING. Every look, every feeling, every thought, everyTHING! I love, love, LOVE it, especially because it's such a coveted quality in fan fiction. You nailed it, dear (you always do)! :)

Fave Parts:

"...Dean holding his brother steady as Norma dressed Sam's lower half in socks and loose-fitting scrub pants while Bobby maneuvered the wheelchair closer to the bed. But then without warning, Dean had reverted to one of his default settings – taking care of Sam by himself – and had suggested Norma prepare the discharge paperwork in the hall and then had insisted Bobby join her."

...Could totally see this in my mind, and LOVED it! So Dean!

"Because although it had been years since Bobby had heard the tone Dean had just hurled at them, Bobby had instantly recognized it as the one Dean used when he was done sharing – as in this case, done sharing Sam."

...LOL, so funny, but heartwarming! This is EXACTLY how Dean is with his little bro, and you captured it in just the right way.

"Because for now, as long as Sam was awake and talking, Dean would answer the same question however many times Sam asked."

...GUH. Because Dean, one of the least patient people ever, would only be this way for his Sammy. *loves*

"Sam wrinkled his nose, looking like a confused five-year old."

...This line made me smile because I can totally picture this face!

"She paused, staring at the brothers. "I just want him to be okay.""

...We all do! I love how you took this outside perspective and gave her a personality, feeling, and that softness of heart towards Sam that most people who meet him feel instinctively. *high fives you for creating a good and believable OC*

"...he wrapped his hand around Sam's wrist – a big brother habit not easily broken when little brother was still unwell..."

...GUH. The image...stunning.

Wonderful, fabulous writing! (No surprise there ;)) Love you!
Wallflowergirl chapter 7 . 11/8/2011
Aw, cuddly sleepy Sammy... so cute. I LOVE fangirl Dean, too :-D Welcome to our world, bud!

I liked the little comparison there between Bobby and John (as in, Bobby giving Dean a list of instructions before he leaves - reminds me of "Something Wicked"!) Of course, in this case Bobby isn't in the mindset of leaving Dean to take care of Sam all alone. As much as I love Dean taking care of his little bro, it's so good to know he isn't the only one who cares about him! (Not that John didn't care about his boys - INCREDIBLY - but he wasn't very good at making it obvious :-/)

You mentioned something in a review reply about writing a wee!Sam fic... *gasp* *drool* ahem... I wouldn't object if you went ahead with it :-D If grownup Sam is adorable, little chubby kid Sam is absolutely edible (in a non-Leviathan way) and you'd knock it out of the park!
pandora jazz chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Cute scene as Bobby and Dean talked about the internet, spoilers and the world of fandom.

I had to smile at Bobby as he was reluctant to leave 'his boys.' I love how he kept asking Dean questions about taking care of Sam.

Nice shoutout to John Winchester with the line "daylights burning" and "watch over your brother".

Wonderful ending to your story. It is nice to think that Dean and Sam had sometime alone to rest and heal.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
Lucian32 chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
I loved this fic thank you!
223 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »