Reviews for Tough All Over
vonnie836 chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Crowning end to a great story. Sad to see it end, yet at the same time very satisfying to see it end this way. A little humor with fangirls Dean and Bobby and a sleeping Sam, who misses out on all of it. And through comes the worry that both men have for their youngest, at the same time as Dean insists he can handle it. Love Sam being in the center, even though he doesn't really participates. So lovable how he contently snuggles up to Dean, feeling comforted by his brother's presence and Dean comforted by the knowledge that Sam trusts him and that he matters so much to his brother. Loved it all the way! Hugs, Vonnie
BonanzaRocks chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
I love it soooo much! This is great :)
zekeschance chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
A shout out to the fandom! Nice! This was wonderful with the banter between Bobby and Dean then the tender moments with Sam who didn't even have to speak a word. So telling. Bobby making sure Dean could handle everything even though he knew it has always been second nature to Dean to handle anything Sam. A nice, heartwarming chapter to wrap it all up. Great story! Thanks so much!
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Good ending for the story. I thought maybe you'd end it a little more dramatically, but the light ending is better. Bit more hopeful.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
BranchSuper chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Dean and Bobby are watching soaps? Too funny.
Meggin Lane chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
***“Dean glared. "Not the point. You know I hate morphine."

Bobby chuckled. "Yeah, but it's sure entertaining for the rest of us. Besides, that's what you needed after the trip out here, so I ain't sorry."

I bet he was! I soooo wish that the show would have a scene of Dean under the influence of meds- hehe. I bet he’d be loopy and sentimental with Bobby and Sam; lots of hugs, back slaps and “I love you, man! being heartfully choked out. ( grins)

***“But even still, they were his boys, and leaving them alone and unguarded for the better part of a week when they were both less than 100% bothered Bobby more than he expected.”

Yeah, that part in the show bothered me too. I guess it was to illustrate that these boys, through their years of training, were capable of handling themselves even when they were not 100%. But still I would have expected Bobby to hover more, I guess we also needed to know that, as the only able bodied man in their little family group, it would fall on Bobby to take care of all the loose ends. So I love how you illustrated the risk they were all under by the conversation of tension and worry between Bobby and Dean.

***"No, ya idjit," Bobby responded gruffly. "I forgot to tell ya to take notes about what happens between Josephina and Ricardo. I'm gonna want to know when I get back."

HeeHee! I’m so glad you included the part that showed Bobby and Dean sharing the guilty pleasure of fangirling over the spanish soap opera. I get a kick out of the way the show has portrayed Dean as the tough as nails brother who catches up on Oprah and Dr. Sexy MD (LOL) It rounds his character out and makes him more human.

***“Dean snorted, knowing Sam would be horrified to learn how cuddly he had been over the past week; a combination of medication, exhaustion, and confusion never failing to cause Sam's snuggly tendencies to resurface, just like when he was a kid.”

I love when a moment of comfort follows the hurt the Winchesters have to deal with. But with Dean’s nature to keep the heavy moments light I’m surprised Dean hadn’t asked Bobby to take a picture! Lord knows if Dean’s arm hadn’t been pinned under a sleeping Sam he would have (LOL)

This was another great chapter of filling in those missing pieces of that episode.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Thanks for an incredible ride! I really enjoy you filling in what Canon didn't.
doyleshuny chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Was there really a character named "Jospehina" or did you make that up? Cause I really wondered why "Ricardo" offed himself. Anyway who can't love a snuggly Sammy? That is simply too adorable. In fact I want a snuggly Sammy but I think my husband might have issues with having one. I'm kind of excited to see what happens when Sammy's back up and he grasp that he was being kind of clingy and yet still adorable. BTW Bobby is my hero! I worship him! LOL!
judyann chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Awww great ending and a great story. Loved it especially all the putting back together. Hopefully the show will put everyone back together soon.
scootersmom chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
I very much enjoyed the final chapter of this story. We know Dean will be able to handle whatever comes along, and so will Sammy. I like the way you showed Bobby's love and caring for the boys despite his gruff manner! The part about the tv show was really funny! Thank you for sharing this story!
KKBELVIS chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
"Screw the fandom!" Dean spat,

lol...I love Dean so much! And Bobby and him being fangirls is hysterical.

You wrote: Dean's voice trailed off, knowing their mom had been Sam's primary caretaker for the first six months of his brother's life but unable to truly remember that; to remember a time when he had not been solely responsible for Sam

My favorite lines! The mention of Mary and the knowledge Dean took over a huge part of her role...guh!

This piece fit in so amazingly with the show. Totally ...every word.

Karen
Kirabaros chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
This worked out really well. I was amused that you picked the soap that Jensen himself had a role in. Man was he young in that. Yes I watched Days of our Lives once upon a time before I went to college.

I like how you work through the three weeks that they were at Rufus' cabin and how they got the Impala back. Good job.
angeleyenc chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
loved it! ;D hehe! days of our lives.. who knew dean would watch it.. hehe!
NetMyne01 chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
Wiping away some stray tears! Can't believe this one is finished! Loved it and as always so entertaining. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what's next!
Jane88 chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
What a cute picture: the brothers together on a couch... Sam snuggling into Dean's side. And I love Bobby in all-out mother-hen mode. Great ending, thanks again for this wonderful story! The perfect gap filler, will just imagine this was part of the show. :)
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »