Reviews for The Companion Connection
ocean-of-ink chapter 59 . 4/17/2013
I've read this series before, and I absolutely love it. I'm in middle of a full reread right now. Rose is my favorite New Who companion, and I really like the way you've developed her here - your changes make sense, but you didn't change so much that she doesn't seem like herself.
I paused my reread to review this episode. It's probably my favorite of the "episodes" you've written. Some of my strongest childhood memories are of the Temple of Dendur, and I think you really captured the spirit of the Met as a whole and the Temple of Dendur specifically. One thing - you know you're not really allowed in, right? And there really isn't anywhere to enter - it's not that kind of building. Still, I really liked these four chapters.
(By the way, have you thought about getting a beta? Your plot and characterization are great, but you have several grammatical errors.)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
...recently created compounds that were awaiting their trail phase to end and be declared new elements.

That statement is not possible. Elements are made up of one type of atom only. Compounds are different types of elements chemically combined. No compound can ever be declared a new element, because a compound can be broken down into the elements it was created from.
FitZSimmonSFTW chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
awsome
Armaryllis chapter 11 . 3/3/2013
Mr. Spock. Fantastic as the ninth doctor would say XD. I think of the empty child/ the doctor dances episodes where rose tells Jack the doctors name is Mr spock instead of the star trek reference. Still brilliant series true to doctor who and the spinoffs with all the wibbly wobbly timely wimey stuff and roses character being compansionate trying to do the right thing and set others straight when need be. :3. The world needs more rose tylers
teh-ena chapter 65 . 1/30/2013
This series just keeps getting better and better! I read this whole thing in only two days. It was so good, I just couldn't stop reading! The only critique that I have is that you have many typos and grammatical errors. You might want to consider reviewing it more or getting a beta reader to help you out. You're brilliant at describing action sequences and beautiful scenes, though, which is really difficult to do and definitely makes the typos easy to overlook.

I like how you've arranged this story as a season of episodes, it gives the story a unique feel that's very true to Doctor Who. Once again, your Rose is fantastically developed and the timey-wimeyness of this story just has me amazed beyond belief. I have no idea how you keep track of it all, but I've never read fan fiction that's this intricate and I really love it! There were so many points in this story that just made me squeal with delight, I don't even know where to begin. All of the clues to Rose's future are great, and I love the fact that we're following her very exciting life on Earth right now, but will we also get any stories in this series once Rose and the Doctor are traveling together? I'm excited to continue reading this series, and I want to thank you for these great stories!
BananasPearsApples chapter 65 . 1/21/2013
I cannot breathe! This episode was brilliant, and I am really excited to start reading the sequel.

Also, the "trailer" was extremely epic. The "and I do mean at your service" line caused me to nearly fall off of my chair.

When you originally introduced Astra, I was suspicious. I felt that there was more to her. I am really glad that we got to see her again, and I love how she fits into the story.

I am super impressed at how everything fits together. You must have reams of notes! I think you are better at continuity that the people on the Doctor Who team.

From what I have read in your AN so far, it seems that you plan to continue having a sequel for each university year. Do you plan to have her adventures continue after that?

My standards for Doctor Who fanfiction have been raised exponentially. I love her relationship with the Doctor, and the fact that she can handle herself.
Inactive Account I chapter 11 . 1/2/2013
You know what would be fun? If Mister Spock and Mister Smith met each other.
SeasonsInReverse chapter 65 . 12/6/2012
Another excellent sequel, and I cannot wait to start reading the next one! This has got to be one of the best Doctor Who fanfictions I've ever read. I usually find good DW fics hard to find because it's difficult to write The Doctor's character and the storylines realistically. However, you've definitely managed, and though there are quite a number of mistakes and typos, they're easily fixable. I know I'm going on about it, but it is important and can greatly affect the reader's enjoyment and involvement in a story if they have to constantly correct what they see in their head. Your storytelling is engaging and compelling enough to override this a little bit, but I do beg you to keep proof reading and have others do the same - it's so easy to miss your own mistakes as you see what you expect to see and not what is actually there!
Anyway, brilliant story, I enjoyed it a great deal. Thank you.

...I'm sorry, I can't resist - *World Killer.
SeasonsInReverse chapter 64 . 12/6/2012
I believe you meant analogy, rather than allegory. Allegory is to speak and imply something else, whereas an analogy is a comparison based on similarity.
SeasonsInReverse chapter 63 . 12/6/2012
Great adventure here! I can't wait to find out how it ends. It's great to finally find out who Astra is.
However, there are a great number of typos in this chapter and strange word orders.
For example, *Rose's and my super-phones.
You also mix up past and present verbal tenses quite a bit.
All of this can be easily fixed with a proof read or a beta. You've mentioned that you have someone looking over it at the moment, and that's great. I just thought I'd point this one out too :)
SeasonsInReverse chapter 58 . 12/6/2012
Who the hell takes their eyes off their opponent in an effing sword fight because someone whimpered?! Priorities! You'd think Rose would learn from her various dangerous adventures, but she still seems to make some of the stupid rookie mistakes.

Anyway, good chapter. Interesting to see Apep again, I have a feeling he'll be back soon enough.
SeasonsInReverse chapter 39 . 12/5/2012
*where would I send the invitation.

Another good chapter; I'm glad Sarah Jane has found someone to be happy with. I wonder if their wedding will go as the fake one in the spin-off series?
SeasonsInReverse chapter 22 . 12/5/2012
I liked the tease of the other guardians, and I'm glad Rose is now acknowledging and accepting what she's been running from for most of the story.

There were quite a number of typos in this chapter, and a few of your sentence structures were quite strange with a couple of words in the wrong order. A proof read will set that right. Do you have a beta?Sorry, but if you do they should be doing a better job.

Otherwise, good chapter. I look forward to the next one.
The Last Time Lord chapter 65 . 11/26/2012
Bravi, bravi! Bravissimi! Wonderful story! Good job. I liked the way you concluded the Gate of the Sun episode. Looking forward to reading more! Do keep it up.
edf-k chapter 65 . 11/2/2012
What a great series of episodes, absolutely lovely :)
1,251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »