Reviews for Ruined Paradise
Guest chapter 12 . 9/17/2012
In comparably few short pages compared to the original Web of Dreams, you have managed to better tell the story and gave more depth to the tumult within the Tatterton household, especially the tragic story between Tony and Leigh. This explained so much inconsistencies between the past 3 books to what was supposed to be the final trilogy. Unlike the ghost writer, you did your homework and tied up all the loose ends nicely thus far and I am confident you will do just as great with the next chapters.

I was especially in awe at how you gave more depth to Tony Tatterton's character, unlike in WoD wherein he was basically depicted as some sociopathic pedophilic rapist who eagerly agreed to his wife's hints to use her daughter as an outlet for Tony's motives and I can already see how this will nicely lead to his eventual obsession with Leigh until his death. I especially love how you were able to turn things around from WoD and are actually able to elicit sympathy for Tony's character...a young man, disillusioned in the woman he married, leaving him to cling on to the last pieces of a broken dream-her warm and caring daughter.

As for Leigh, you have managed to take her down from her angelic pedestal and made her more human. In adding human frailty and fault to her character, us readers are better able to relate to her and her character makes a lot more sense now.

I and others will be awaiting the next parts of this dark tale. Thank you for writing this!
gwendy chapter 12 . 9/17/2012
*melt* Is it wrong of me to ship Leigh and Tony so hard because of this?

Actually, ever since Web of Dreams, I've always wanted to know what it would've been like had Tony and Leigh's relationship been different. I thought Tony was way to good for Jillian and so compatible with Leigh. Strike me down now, I'm refusing to believe Web of Dreams even happened. This, this is how VCA would've written it. I remember a similar stepfather/stepdaughter relationship unfolding in Petals in the Wind so this here is a nice touch.

Clinging on to this fic like a rope on a ledge. Don't leave us hanging! _

PS
Rye Whiskey! I almost forgot about him! Great addition &_
abstract.serenity chapter 12 . 9/15/2012
Wow, I honestly thought this chapter would detail Leigh's escape from Farthy. Glad to see I was wrong! Though this chapter was slightly disturbing, it's well-written and spot-on for V.C. Andrews' writing style, atmospheric and symbolic of the part of our natures we keep under lock and key.

Hope a new chapter comes soon because I'm at the edge of seat, wondering how things will progress between Tony and Leigh from now.
Madiestitch chapter 12 . 9/15/2012
WOW! Will you rewrite Gates of Paradise and Fallen Hearts too!
Madiestitch chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
Update soon! I love this too much to wait
gwendy chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
All I could think about as I was reading this fic was "FINALLY! Someone is beginning to cover the plot holes!"

Yes, you did capture the essence of VCA in my opinion. Makes me wish you had been the ghost writer of Web of Dreams. You were able to...

1. Give it a new title that befits the series
2. Explained little details like the paper doll, the Tatterton heir, and most importantly, TONY'S BLONDE HAIR!
3. A not so innocent Leigh...this is what I pictured her to be
4. The first rape happening in Tony's study/office.

Great writing. I like the style and the descriptions. I'll be waiting to read more, especially about the portrait doll...because if memory serves, in Heaven it states the genitals were still there but in Web of Dreams, it was removed...confusing, really.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
WOW. Yes, I can actually feel that this is how VCA would've written it. Slightly darker and more twisted. The other ghost writers I believe didn't capture her well enough but you did. This also connected well with the original VCA writing wherein Tony claims Leigh was the first to seduce him or something like that. Great work. I'll be following this for more. Thanks for writing this!
abstract.serenity chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
This is beautiful so far, and I've only read the prologue! I think this is exactly how V.C. Andrews would have written Leigh's story.
EchoesOfSilence chapter 11 . 8/12/2012
Wow! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this, but WOW. I hate when life gets in the way of a great story and this one is just incredible! I really love how you've brought these characters to life, and made their world so much realistic than it ever was originally. Great work, I'm really looking forward to the next update. :)
Madiestitch chapter 10 . 6/26/2012
I love this I wish this was how the book was written please update soon
EchoesOfSilence chapter 10 . 5/21/2012
Still loving this one. Seriously I wish THIS was the way the original was written, far more interesting, and also more realistic. Well, I think so anyway. You're doing a great job!
EchoesOfSilence chapter 9 . 5/5/2012
I am really enjoying this, I love the changes you're making. This is so much more the way I'd have wanted the original story to be!
EchoesOfSilence chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
Wow! I'm really enjoying this story, please update again soon! :)
HeavenJosephine chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Good job! Keep writing!
archubeas chapter 2 . 12/8/2011
This was a very well written introduction to what hopes to be a revival of a lost treasure from V.C. Andrews' raped series. The style is closer to that which flows with the original stories more so than the ghost writer has accomplished, while doing so without being derivative.

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for the effort!