Reviews for Hot under the collar
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
"When it came to incensed women, it was probably all Ponch's fault." Nice line, and true nine times out of ten! ** "Like a real crime-fighting team, she and Baricza chased down the culprits." Um, they're cops. How much realler do they need to get? ** So distracted he forgot the ice packs! Typical male. ** I confess it's been years since I've seen ChiPs, but this feels OK to me.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I don't like it, it should be Bear and Sindy!
selphiealmasy8 chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
I can't say that I like Bonnie/Bear or see them together and this fic didn't persuade or convince me to it. I had heard of the idea previously, around March I think, and gave it a lot of thought but still it just seemed somehow awkward to me. It just doesn't seem right to me or have the sweetness or spark that Bear/Sindy has. Sorry. If Bear was around Bonnie I could picture him ditching her eventually, most likey the second that Sindy appeared.

"Aren't I sexy?" Bonnie would ask and Bear would shrug and say "Hey sexy ain't everything and Sindy makes me laugh!"

It also doesn't seem to fit into Chips '99 as well to me. Bonnie was so present in seasons 3-5 that I would find it odd that if she was involved with Bear it wouldn't be mentioned, especially since Bonnie is referenced in Chips '99. As opposed to poor Sindy who was virtually forgotten about after that brief appearance in High Octane. It would seem more likely that if Bear was married to Sin than that would also not be mentioned.

For some strange reason I think of Bonnie more with Getraer. I don't find it a nice idea since I know he was married and all, but she was always over at his place or he was beating her at chess etc... It's a little unpleasant but it was more logical.
DaynaWayna chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Gingie! Well done girl! A good first effort into the CHiPs fandom my dear. Your distinct writing style was strange for me to see CHiPified, mostly because I'm used to it in Voyagers! and Cover Up et al, LOL, but as always you told a fun story. You and your wicked sense of humor are priceless:

"While everyone knew Frank Poncherello was the resident CHP 'hunk' and Jon Baker the handsome 'underdog', Baricza was just as easygoing on the eyes as he was in his personality. He had a wide smile that rivaled Ponch in charm and brightness and she thought at times it should be freeze framed for posterity."

FREEZE FRAMED? ROFLOL! OMG that is priceless. Signature Ginger. Like Denny's and Burger King, ya know? :P And I simply love your description of Barry. So very true. I also loved the romance. The show worked hard to make the female officers pretty to look at for the fans but simply coworkers and friends to the male officers. I think Bonnie and Bear had a good relationship and I could see something happening eventually. And I love this bit at the end:

"The station house exit banged open and Ponch and Jon came out laughing. Bonnie immediately stepped back and Baricza did the same. He straightened up tall and casually put his hands on his waist. Little did he know that the frequent stance he made gave Bonnie the shivers.

"Very good, Bonnie. So it's a date, then." He opened her car door and peeked at the others. Ponch and Jon were actively putting on their helmets and gloves, but all the chatter and laughter had ceased. Baricza rolled his eyes. He knew better. They were lingering to hear the good word from him. They would not be disappointed.

Bonnie giggled to herself as she entered the car. She observed Ponch, and he was leaning forward squeezing the life out of the breaks while nearly salivating for her answer. Jon lowered his head and nudged his kickstand up and down impatiently. They probably knew all about the kiss. The men at the CHP gossiped more than old ladies at bingo night."

I think men are worse gossips than women! ROFL You really nailed it with that one my dear. Great job and I hope to see more CHiPs from you in the future! :)
mcatB chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Nice entry to the CHiPs fandom! While I may prefer a different partner for Bear, I can deal... I'd forgotten all about this episode (gonna have to find it and watch it again!). Thanks for the fic.