Reviews for Madeleine Gilbert Steele Remembered
Liselle129 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
That is very sad! I had just recently found her stories and was working my way through them. May she rest in peace.
Ree923 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
She was an angel and she encouraged me so many times. She will be missed.
pam halliwell chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
I discovered Remington Steele this summer and it was such a treasure to me as I quickly made my way through the series. When I'd seen all the episodes, I wanted more and I felt so lucky to have found Madeleine Gilbert's stories immediately as they captured the charm and intrigue of the series at its best. Soon after her last update at the end of September, I sent her an email saying exactly this. I'd been regularly checking for updates and so it saddens me to no end to see this.

Great stories are hard to come by. Great writers even rarer. As someone who has been part of for almost 10 years now, I can safely say that you never forget the great writers.

My sincere condolences to her family, loved ones and beloved readers.
Monica chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I've known MG for almost 3 years since my first review for her brilliant "Ancestral Steele". Since then, we e-mailed each other regularly. We discussed lots of topics, from the weather, her jobs, my jobs and of course Remington Steele. Sometimes we disagreed on our take of certain characters in the series, but mostly we agreed on how much we care to see Laura Holt's character not to be "ruined" as the series did on the last season. I remember one time she wrote that she planned to bring Felicia's character in her S6 and paired her with David Flannery. Jokingly, I told her that it was better for Flannery to be dead then fell in love Felicia. O how I miss you, MG. Her e mail never fail to cheer me up no matter how bad my day was.

It has been more than 2 weeks since I knew she had passed away and I am still very sad. She was a great writer and a great friend. I know you are in God's kingdom, MG and thank you for everything.
mrsnickcharles chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I'll miss her.
lilyraines chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I'm absolutely speechless about these tragic news. Poor Madeleine. My feelings go out to her family and friends. I wrote a silly entry on the 15th trying to coax her into updating and then decided not to check for updates on a daily basis anymore. It's hard to grasp the reality and finality of things. So many stories, so many unseen lives behind them. May Madeleine be at peace.
Redlisted chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Shocking and very sad news. I just came on to the site looking for an update to her story to read this. She was an unbelievably talented writer and i loved all her stories. Such a loss.
DreamingonthePage chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
After reading the Ancestral Steele series for the first time back in June, I quickly became hooked on all of Madeleine Gilbert's stories. Her writing was so vividly imagined, and full of warmth that it was a pleasure to spend hours in the worlds she created.

I only had one e-mail exchange with her, but as many of you have said, she was incredibly kind and generous. I am greatly saddened by her passing, and grateful to have known her in even this small way.
drpeg chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
It was a great shock to mosey over tonight to to see if Madeleine had updated her most recent story, only to see the "in memoriam" post. In recent years, whenever I've needed an RS fix, I always knew she could be relied upon to provide it, MG churning out story after delightful story-each deliciously long. I will miss her creativity.

Lauryn11 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
As I’m sure it was for everyone it was a great shock to me to hear of Jenna’s death. Thank you, Angie for looking into the circumstances, and also, thanks to gilmoradict for providing this space for us. I first wrote Jenna about one of her stories last November and after that we corresponded often. She had such a following, both with readers and authors, that our corner of ffnet felt like a true community. Her voice will always be present in her writing, and for me in our many e mail chats. She was insightful on any topic, always encouraging, always challenging, always generous – with the best mind and the best heart. I feel privileged to have known her. She was a supremely gifted writer and approached Steele fiction with the instincts of the fine (published) novelist she would have become. Jenna followed through beautifully with everything she did and I know she would have had success. She told me of three ideas she had for books, literary and historical fiction, each very inventive and I think, very marketable. Here we keenly know the loss but we still have her Laura and Steele to revisit, though sadly we have to imagine where their story might have led.
kendall777 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I was so upset over the weekend when we found out in the RS yahoo group, we did not want to believe it. She was such a wonderful writer and from her e mails to me when I asked her anything she seemed like such a nice person. My thoughts go out to her familiy during this difficult time. Jenna Young AKA "Madeleine Gilbert" you have touched all our lives here in the RS community thank you for giving us so much joy with your stories you will be greatly missed. RIP Bernadette x
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
She will be sorely missed!

Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I've read her stories over and over in the short time I've known about them, just started a few days ago to read them all, slowly, in order. What a marvelous talent. "Madeleine" will certainly be missed. I've never read fanfic nearly as good as hers. I would have loved to read anything she had written.

I am just sorry that I never took the time to write more than a brief review. And oh so sorry for myself and her other fans that we'll never know where her delightful stories were going to go!
volsfaninks chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
You could tell in reading Madeleine's RS fan fic how much she loved writing her stories and how much she loved the characters and wanted to stay true to them, yet move them beyond what the show did. She always took the time to personally thank anyone who ever left her feedback. She was a fantastic writer and I'm sorry she didn't get to finish telling her RS stories or any other future stories she might have wanted to publish one day. RIP MG, you'll be missed.
xffan-2000 chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I've known about this sad news for a few days now, but wasn't sure what to post here. Madeline Gilbert had many fans who followed her writing, and she was very proud of her accomplishments in the RS fanfic world. She had the chops to make it as a "real writer," but (lucky for all of us) she wanted to share her talent with us first.

The woman behind the pen name was someone I was happy to have called a friend. We had some of the best conversations about writing; conversations like I've never had with anyone. I will truly miss her. I just wish I'd gotten to know her even better.

I wrote to the church where the funeral was, but never received a response. I'm glad somebody else had more details and posted to the Fanfic-dot-net community.

You will be missed, my friend.