Reviews for A New Chance For Adventure
legodood93 chapter 16 . 2/17
Can't wait for your next chapter to come out
gohjetwei chapter 16 . 2/10
I just read chapter 16, and man do i love Silver! He is so hyper and energetic all the time! It is also popped a lot of questions in my head.
Is Father Latios meeting them soon?
Will Ash win his gym battle?
And more importantly, Who is Azreal? Is he a human or a pokemon?
I cant wait to find out!
hevenlydemonknight chapter 16 . 2/3
Awesome
magical fan18 chapter 16 . 1/20
I am really happy with the changes and modifications you have made to a lot of the chapters.

I look forward to reading more soon, would you consider adding any OC character's in a future chapter?

Also are you gonna have Ash and Co join in on some of the Lesson's taught at the Trainer School? As I bet some of the lesson's will be very useful for Ash, Brock and Bianca.
gohjetwei chapter 9 . 1/19
I keep having this feeling that Latios and latias mom is ho oh...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 16 . 1/13
...I actually think Ash should lose this battle. It'll teach him some humility, as he is getting cocky again.

And I do like this conflict that seems to be developing, wherein most people think Ash only wins because of Latios, and he takes extreme measures to prove them wrong. It could add a new dynamic and take the story in an interesting direction.

But I hope that everything works out for you. Thanks for the update.
Blanchimont chapter 16 . 1/7
As much as I appreciate that you have finally updated, the first part of the chapter rubs me the wrong way.

Lets look at Latias first. It has been established that it was Latias who requested to leave home and travel with Ash ,not his group, as a mean of spending time with him as well as getting stronger so that she could established herself as a Legendary. Contest focuses more on style rather that strength, in which she needs more of the latter at this stage of development.

While it has been foreshadowed for chapters, I felt that she was being unfair to Ash for doing so when she was the one who initially thrust the burden of training and caring for her, as much as he failed at it, to him and now chooses to go with her closest female friend as a mean of a career change because she likes it, which would neglected some aspect of the more demanding power training she will need in the future, sure she will live long and could become stronger in time, but what good would it do when she gets defeated before she reach her prime.

Furthermore, her excuse of disliking battles is flawed. Contest does have a battle stage in them, and would be hurting her opponent regardless as she will need to fight back. Also, after the incident with Team Rocket, one would think she would understand the need to become more powerful before she could indulge in her likes, something she rarely does, and the few times she does fight is either with assistance or a pickup after her opponents are weakened, I do not believe I have seen here fighting completely by her own ability.

Next Bianca, not so much at her actions as she would be delighted, as a new trainer and largely unaware of the the darker side of life, however, this would mean that in order for Latias to continue to travel with Ash, she would have to follow him as well, I understand that since she was not really established as a character so you could have a lot of freedom to develop her, but in doing so you might need to neglect other canonical characters like May and Max, which you have done so.

Now to Latios, during the battle of Alto-Mare, both of the Eon dragons are largely untrained, so they could not do much against Team Rocket and in that incident, Latios became victim to their incompetence and would have died if not for that desperate attempt (which was a Deux Ex Machina). From this encounter, one would think that he would understand the need for both of them to become much, much more stronger than they are which led to their decision to join Ash so that he could train them and introduce them to possible tactics should the need arise.

Despite being the pampering brother that he is, I felt that this should be one of the few things he should be discouraging Latias from, that is, being a pure contest Pokemon, with reason being that the mention incident should show that he won't be able to protect her forever and if could not defend herself, she would dead at best, capture and experimented at worst, a very likely scenario if Ash was not at the scene.

And Finally, Ash... Seriously, I am starting to wonder if Delia lost him when he was a toddler and was cared for by wild Pokemon for months before being found. It would really explained why Ash's affections for Pokemon is stronger than for humans and for Delia's needs to pamper him and give her advises for kids (to be fair he is still one) as well as taking care of his initial gears for his journey without teaching him any survival or life skills. (Seriously, she just take Pikachus's rejection to enter his Pokeball as playing?)

Anyway, considering that Ash was the one that was asked to train them in the first place by Latias' request, he should have been more resistant to the idea of trading her and being locked out for any official matches, even if it was trading to Latias' first human friend.

Challenging oneself is one thing, overestimating oneself is another, Latios comment about Ash challenging his ability is not really valid at this point, primarily because Ash's foundation is not solid, the keystone is still there but the supports are weak, that is how I see canonical Ash . Ash is able to think relatively quick on his feet in battle, but is utter poor in the basics such as proper care and nutrition for his Pokemon and things like logistic planning and move tutoring are practically out of his abilities, requiring help from his seniors despite having 2 years of experience in him. Thus, he was not ready to truly 'challenge' himself and will need to help of powerhouses, including 2 Legendaries, to have a chance in obtaining victory, and a need to be disciplined and tutored by his experienced seniors.

Frankly, his attitude really should have matured a bit more by now, with the recent bounty hunter incident that exposes him to (even) darker elements of society and being an overall mission fail, in rescuing his Larvaitar's mother, he should have been more aware that sometimes things would not go as you wanted and the reality they lived in won't just bend to his liking's just because he throw a tantrum.

It should also make him a little more insecure in his standing on the world as despite the numerous near death experiences, all of them have a key to stop them and none of said experience was targeting him directly, yet. With him in the spotlight of the Pokemon world, he would need to be a little selfish in consolidating personal power so he could defend himself, and while having 2 Legendaries would make him a big targets, it would also give him a better chance at retaliating.

These are my criticism for this chapter and I really do hope you could give these point some thoughts and perhaps do some modifications to it, regardless I do hope that you continue writing the story and reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
Guest3 chapter 16 . 1/3
Ok... Wow, your life got really bad there. I know it's not much, but you have my sympathy.
Well, on to more cheery notes: the chapter.
Ok, Latias moving to Bianca's team, I kinda didn't see that coming. Largely because I forgot she was actually on Ash's team instead of Bianca's. But yes, it makes more sense for the martial pacifist to go with the coordinator than the battler. Although, I had partially expected Latios to throw in some teasing about Latias's crush on Ash in the discussion on her trade. Though I do appreciate that you're taking that slow and letting the plot come first.
"... You just jinxed us, Latios." Suddenly, a wild Tobias appears! ... In the next region.
Ok, just Ash asking for a gym battle, my expectations matched Pikachu's. Guy with a legendary (basically a demigod) wants to battle? Ok, I can see that being an exception.
Though Bianca does bring up a good point: why isn't Ash in school? Is skipping school at 10 to have a pokemon journey a tradition or did Ash manage to get another way to opt out?
Gliding through air and water are two very different things, I do like you brought that up. Also, how much of their flying is actually done with their wings and how much is done by their abilities? (They are Psychic/Flying.)
In terms of Skailyn and Phaedra... I can tell they definitely love each other. Still working out in what way, but it feels like they're either sisters in all but blood, or dating. Not sure which. Am I on the right track or am I completely off the mark?
In addition, it looks good from a technical viewpoint as well. I didn't spot any errors.
So, it sounds like your life is slowly getting better, which is good. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, but take your time. I'd prefer quality over quantity on the chapters and I'm familiar with writer's block.
Happy New Year, and I hope your year is more sweet than sour!
Riku Uzumaki chapter 16 . 1/3
I'm getting the feeling that Roxanne's strongest is a Probopass, which leads me to believe that Latios will at least have a LITTLE difficulty winning due to its Steel typing making it resistant to his best attacks.
Chermayne chapter 16 . 1/3
Welcome back! Interesting chapter! Can't wait for more!
InfamousVenous chapter 16 . 1/2
I don't know where to start with this review. I think I'll get straight to the point.

This story is amazing. Simply a wonderful, realistic (as a fictional universe can be), completely wonderful and entertaining story to read. I was hooked on "A New Chance At Life" and I'm so happy to be able to read more in this story.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about all the situations that kept piling one on top of the other. That's a lot of crap to deal with all at once. Honestly, I have no idea how you're managing it, as well as writing. What you're doing for your family is simply incredible, and you are a wonderful person for doing that.

You mentioned this was an Altoshipping story, and having seen little of it other than the mention of a crush leads me to believe you have a big plan for that aspect to tie in as well. Honestly, the amount of planning that you put into this is incredible.

Quick question. Will there at any point be a time where Ash becomes severely injured? Nothing quite brings a team together like life and death situations. Haha!

To reiterate, this story is incredible, I'm looking forward to reading more, and I honestly hope things start looking out for you and your family.
arkzero chapter 16 . 12/30/2016
What? You just gave away Latias. This is as bad as what you did when Ash lost in johto. The hell... I absolutely despise this chapter. Talk about ruining a good fic. And then in the finals, Ash loses again. Goodbye I'm never reading this again
Uranium235 chapter 16 . 12/28/2016
I'm glad your back! It was a pleasant surprise to get the email for this story in my inbox.

I'm sorry to say that the chapter was a bit of a let down for me though.

I knew beforehand that Latias was probably going to want to switch to Bianca's team, but that doesn't mean I like that it happened. This wasn't helped by the fact that how it happened didn't really seem natural. It made it seem like Latias only gave a token resistance to the thought of leaving Ash's team and how he would feel about it, which doesn't seem like how Latias would act.

While it's true that it was solely Latias' decision to make, I feel she should've talked to Ash in private first to make sure he was okay with it. He obviously wouldn't have said no, but her decision affected him as well, so he still should've been told before Latias made the announcement to everyone else.
tanithlipsky chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
nice
megacharizat chapter 16 . 12/25/2016
ahahaha hahaha muhahahahahahahahahaha! you are back! *fires flame throwrs every where. any way, I understand your problems, and you should write when you are in a mood to write, I or the other readers don't have a write to order you to write. it is just an advice, but it would be nice if you can ubdate your profile and tell about the ubdates there. I am waiting for next chapter, and its good to have you back. but I don't understand one thing, i know that Latias doeso'nt like to battle, thats why she is becoming a contest pokemon, but it was all her idea to travel with Ash so iso'nt it veard that now she is becoming a contest pokemon? and if their father is going to meet with them, will he separate latios and latias from the group?
1,024 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »