Reviews for Invisible Minority
eeminxs chapter 2 . 7/28
I read this when you posted the series on WWOMB. I have to admit, itd be interesting to see them combined on WWOMB!
DreamerOfStarsAndShadow chapter 3 . 10/8/2013
"[D]eer-in-the-headlights". Perfect description. Cannot stop reading. Great story, great to be addressed topic.
dreamer1999
critterlady chapter 46 . 8/23/2013
First, I have to say that at my age, I still thought slash was a type pf horror movie, considering I grew up in the 80's. Second, and more importantly, I loved this story. I happen to personally know a young gay couple and have seen them subjected to some of the same type bias portrayed in this story. Fortunately for them, it has never gotten passed the verbal stage but I do fear for them, even in this day and age. They are both nice young men about the age of my sons that I met while taking college classes. I worry that things like portrayed in this story could happen. Anyways, thank you for a wonderful story that shows the depth of love two men can have for each other.
Lisquirt chapter 46 . 7/15/2013
Wow!

I read both versions (the one here and also on the adult site). I have enjoyed reading them very much. You have a great writing talent.

Funny, Now when I watch an episode on tv, I find it odd how quiet Stoker is. I think I like your portrayal of him better, ha!

Keep up the good work :)
Lisa
Li'l Albatross chapter 46 . 2/23/2013
I'm sorry I haven't reviewed yet but I just couldn't stop reading. I am so sad that I've finished! Guess I'll just have to read it again :)

This was so well written! I would definitely read more like this if you were to post it!
Guest chapter 46 . 1/9/2013
Terrific! Thanks for posting.
5secondrule chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Seriously - this is awesome writing. No more to say. Keep it up!
Aleeen chapter 46 . 7/20/2012
Spent the last four days reading this. Annoyed the dogs by not playing with them. Lost some sleep. Worth it, every bit. Well done. Well written. Good job with the characters. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now I'm going to go find your other E! stories and read them...
Daze chapter 46 . 6/15/2012
Ok it took me forever in my book to read this story but that's only because...I liked it sooo much. I loved the love story of John & Mike even though the "reality" of it from when these characters come from would have never been addressed on TV (what a shame-the actors are hot!) Your spelling 98% of it was right on and the emotions were dealt with very well. I'm so happy I finished reading this story-congratulations on a job well done! Keep writing.
Stormygrl0804 chapter 46 . 4/18/2012
Great story, well wait to read more of your stuff. Keep up the good work.
Ginger S chapter 46 . 3/26/2012
Thanks Kelmin for a really good depiction of what it must have been like back in the seventies to come out. KUDOS!
Ariane Rivendell chapter 24 . 3/26/2012
Another masterful weave of humor and tension with poor Mike obsessing (and fainting. love it!) with the injury to his leg and subsequent minor surgery - and Johnny trying to keep him together - to the gradual mounting of worry with the X-Ray tech at Rampart and the eerie dread of the phone calls.

Dr. Early, of course, is lovingly in character and the perfect guy to provide a shoulder for Mike and Johnny as their worries mount. Glad that, while he'd go along with the guys' wishes to not talk to Ted about his bedside manner, that he's at least going to mark down the complaint for future reference.

Great chapter!
Ariane Rivendell chapter 23 . 3/24/2012
The tension mounts, but it's masterfully tempered with a "relaxing" day at home. I'm always amazed at how you're able to take "everyday events" and make them fun and interesting and real with these characters. I love the "wordless" agreement btwn Mike and Johnny, at the outset, to give Johnny time and space to get out his aggressions while Mike finishes up with grill. A very subtle understanding between two people who know and care about each other that you've captured so effortlessly with such a small gesture.

The waterballoon scene has to be one of THE all-time greatest scenes in all of E!-dom - canon or fanfic. :-)

But I think my favorite aspect of this chapter is the dynamic between Chet, Mike and Johnny. Chet was probably my least favorite of the characters when I watched the show as a kid. But in this story - and especially in this chapter - you've given me a whole new appreciation of him so that I really like him. I adore how you manage all their disparate personalities so that they come across as a cohesive unit of true friends and not just "six guys who used to work together." You have a real understanding of their characters that shows their underlying camaraderie and friendship, beyond what the show was able to convey, I think.

Favorite Chet line of all time:

"Fine," said Chet. "I'll make sure I go in the other room if I fart."
CapLovesGregandJames chapter 46 . 3/17/2012
Like the others here, so sad to see this magnificent story end. But that's how it goes!

I think Starlight Guardian put it the best It is a beautifully sculpted piece of fiction and I feel honored that you wrote it and shared it with us. This is a gem, brilliant from start to finish. I wish I had some sort of trophy or Oscar to give you. Awesome!

And I cannot agree more with that statement! Maybe someday you'll be inspired to do a sequel. Until then, thank you for giving us some great months of reading and something to look forward to on a regular basis. I tip my hat off to you and only hope that someday I can write as well as you do!

Very Sincerely,

CLGJ
Enfleurage chapter 46 . 3/16/2012
So is it a firefighter thing or a Mike thing to go from thinking about a deluge of guests to rejecting that as a bad word choice because a deluge gun would never be used on a structure that was believed to still have living occupants... Hmmm, actually that sounds very much like my brother-in-law, an Engineer, albeit an Optical Engineer who has nothing to do with Firefighting, so clearly it's an Engineer thing.

Loved the socks. Nothing says 'our lives are completely intertwined and what yours is mine and mine is yours' like shrugging off whose socks are whose.

Still trying to wrap my mind around Cap's younger daughter dating Roy's son (you really did go wild with the pairing up, and boy is that awkward for Cap and Roy!) but Johnny got it right by nicely conveying that Cap didn't say anything to his kids because he respected Johnny and Mike's privacy.

And yeah, I don't think it was a coincidence that the position opened up when Hank Stanley reached top of the Chief list.

Nice that Wes Harris came to the party and was welcomed, but then he seemed to get lost; he wasn't heard from again in the story.

And the idiot throwing a brick served as a reminder that while they could celebrate with their friends, they would always battle those who objected to their relationship. You left us wondering about the tip and I suspect that it came from inside Station 47, from someone friendly or hiding his own secrets. And wouldn't it be fun if Station 47 was included in Hank Stanley's new Battalion.

The cookies were a cute way to gradually narrow the focus of the chapter from Johnny and Mike celebrating with good friends, almost family, that they could finally get on with their lives and then zooming in a little at a time to two guys who are funny and find each other very sexy and then to them as a unit.

Sorry to see if end but it will make for very enjoyable re-reads, each time uncovering something I may have missed previously