Reviews for Invisible Minority
sinkurswim chapter 46 . 8/1
I started reading about 4 days ago and could not put it down. If I could multitask whatever I was doing I did. As I read, a mental video and audio played out in my mind. You captured each characters speech and mannerisms quite accurately. I was a new mom and a member of the military in 1980 and saw first hand how just the suspicion of being gay or lesbian put an individual's military career in jeapordy. So many men and women had to suffer in silence back then because there was no recourse for discrimination due to sexual orientation.
Thank you for writing and posting, enjoyed reading very much.
I've read this many times and love it. I keep thinking about how they could get married now. It's be fun to see a sequel set today, in a world of acceptance. I have a friend who is lesbian and is a captain in the fire department...wow have times changed.
eeminxs chapter 2 . 7/28/2015
I read this when you posted the series on WWOMB. I have to admit, itd be interesting to see them combined on WWOMB!
DreamerOfStarsAndShadow chapter 3 . 10/8/2013
"[D]eer-in-the-headlights". Perfect description. Cannot stop reading. Great story, great to be addressed topic.
dreamer1999
critterlady chapter 46 . 8/23/2013
First, I have to say that at my age, I still thought slash was a type pf horror movie, considering I grew up in the 80's. Second, and more importantly, I loved this story. I happen to personally know a young gay couple and have seen them subjected to some of the same type bias portrayed in this story. Fortunately for them, it has never gotten passed the verbal stage but I do fear for them, even in this day and age. They are both nice young men about the age of my sons that I met while taking college classes. I worry that things like portrayed in this story could happen. Anyways, thank you for a wonderful story that shows the depth of love two men can have for each other.
Lisquirt chapter 46 . 7/15/2013
Wow!

I read both versions (the one here and also on the adult site). I have enjoyed reading them very much. You have a great writing talent.

Funny, Now when I watch an episode on tv, I find it odd how quiet Stoker is. I think I like your portrayal of him better, ha!

Keep up the good work :)
Lisa
Li'l Albatross chapter 46 . 2/23/2013
I'm sorry I haven't reviewed yet but I just couldn't stop reading. I am so sad that I've finished! Guess I'll just have to read it again :)

This was so well written! I would definitely read more like this if you were to post it!
Guest chapter 46 . 1/9/2013
Terrific! Thanks for posting.
5secondrule chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Seriously - this is awesome writing. No more to say. Keep it up!
Aleeen chapter 46 . 7/20/2012
Spent the last four days reading this. Annoyed the dogs by not playing with them. Lost some sleep. Worth it, every bit. Well done. Well written. Good job with the characters. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now I'm going to go find your other E! stories and read them...
Daze chapter 46 . 6/15/2012
Ok it took me forever in my book to read this story but that's only because...I liked it sooo much. I loved the love story of John & Mike even though the "reality" of it from when these characters come from would have never been addressed on TV (what a shame-the actors are hot!) Your spelling 98% of it was right on and the emotions were dealt with very well. I'm so happy I finished reading this story-congratulations on a job well done! Keep writing.
Stormygrl0804 chapter 46 . 4/18/2012
Great story, well wait to read more of your stuff. Keep up the good work.
Ginger S chapter 46 . 3/26/2012
Thanks Kelmin for a really good depiction of what it must have been like back in the seventies to come out. KUDOS!
Ariane Rivendell chapter 24 . 3/26/2012
Another masterful weave of humor and tension with poor Mike obsessing (and fainting. love it!) with the injury to his leg and subsequent minor surgery - and Johnny trying to keep him together - to the gradual mounting of worry with the X-Ray tech at Rampart and the eerie dread of the phone calls.

Dr. Early, of course, is lovingly in character and the perfect guy to provide a shoulder for Mike and Johnny as their worries mount. Glad that, while he'd go along with the guys' wishes to not talk to Ted about his bedside manner, that he's at least going to mark down the complaint for future reference.

Great chapter!
Ariane Rivendell chapter 23 . 3/24/2012
The tension mounts, but it's masterfully tempered with a "relaxing" day at home. I'm always amazed at how you're able to take "everyday events" and make them fun and interesting and real with these characters. I love the "wordless" agreement btwn Mike and Johnny, at the outset, to give Johnny time and space to get out his aggressions while Mike finishes up with grill. A very subtle understanding between two people who know and care about each other that you've captured so effortlessly with such a small gesture.

The waterballoon scene has to be one of THE all-time greatest scenes in all of E!-dom - canon or fanfic. :-)

But I think my favorite aspect of this chapter is the dynamic between Chet, Mike and Johnny. Chet was probably my least favorite of the characters when I watched the show as a kid. But in this story - and especially in this chapter - you've given me a whole new appreciation of him so that I really like him. I adore how you manage all their disparate personalities so that they come across as a cohesive unit of true friends and not just "six guys who used to work together." You have a real understanding of their characters that shows their underlying camaraderie and friendship, beyond what the show was able to convey, I think.

Favorite Chet line of all time:

"Fine," said Chet. "I'll make sure I go in the other room if I fart."