Reviews for What Really Happened: The Untold Tale of Seussia
Martes Pennanti chapter 31 . 5/5
'Jane' as the name for the Kangaroo finds its origins in the television special of "Horton Hears A Who", released back in 1972 and directed by Chuck Jones, the man who created the classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" special in 1966.

I'm curious and yet skeptical on where you're going from here. I love the fact that you're taking the time to further develop Seussical and its universe and plot, but making up stuff after the canon material is all wrapped up can be risky, as your story is pretty dark and non-canon as it is. But you seem to have a direction and I will patiently await to see where it is leading. However, I must agree ErinMilne on your portrayal of the Cat in the Hat; the Cat is a trickster and a mischief-maker, but definitely not malicious and certainly not a villain.

Anyway, I hope you update soon. This fandom (though full of untapped potential) is empty enough as it is.

Martes Pennanti
ErinMilne chapter 31 . 5/4
I have to say, I am deeply impressed. You've really added to the story of Seussical, and I'm looking forward to more of this. I don't know if I enjoy your portrayal of the Cat as a malicious figure; I always thought he was like an older sibling to the protagonist. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't appeared more often. Either way, fun!
Martes Pennanti chapter 30 . 4/16
Another very nice chapter. I'm curious how you're going to tie all of these elements, both old and original, together by the end of the story. I think my favorite chapter so far was the one featuring the "Havin' a Hunch" sequence. The way you added the extra verse from the Broadway song in at the end to give the song a more complete feeling was great, and the Cat's hat coming to rest on the hill where the memorial stones once stood at the very end was really striking and gave the reader a great image. "Havin' a Hunch" is one of the best sequences in Seussical, showing great character growth in Jojo as he finally embraces his imagination and individuality, with a little help from the Cat. :) Looking forward to chapter 31.
WyldClaw chapter 4 . 4/2
that was extremely fabulous
showtunediva chapter 29 . 2/21
I was happy to help you and give so many good reviews darling! It was great to collaborate with you on An Actress's Dream and I look froward to reading your chapters for the holiday centered Cupid! I know you a busy so there is no rush to get your chapters to me. Good luck with your show! Xoxo
showtunediva chapter 28 . 1/19
Great job with both chapters Soph. Love Young Kangaroon's line in this chapter. Great job darling.

And I agree with you.. this fandom is pretty dead.. so are other fandoms like Annie. That's why I'm moving over to Archive Of Our Own. I have been getting lots more comments and Feedback. You should consider moving your stuff over there. Revisions for Chapter 9 of AAD look great. Docx me your ideas for the Holiday centered fic
Martes Pennanti chapter 26 . 11/25/2014
Whoa! What's happened to Kristy? Has she become the Cat in the Hat or something like him? As Alice said when she went down the rabbit hole: "This gets curiouser and curiouser." ;))

The Whos Christmas Pageant scenes were nice with the Grinch and all, and the 'Message From the Front' was done very well. I think its cool how the Whoville cemetery is 'on the far side of town [where the Grickle grass grows, and the wind smells slow and sour when it blows, and no birds ever sing, excepting old crows]' in the barren wastelands where the Truffula trees once stood. The dark and gloomy place it is it fits. I hope this means the Once-ler (one of my favorite Seussian characters) will appear in future chapters. I'm sorry if I appear Lorax obsessed, but it's my favorite Dr. Seuss book. I could go on and on for hours of all the things I like about it. :)

I would also like to be the first to say that I think Seussical made Whoville a whole lot cooler a place, since the show turned it from just a town into an entire planet, with the mountains from 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' on one side and the dark wastelands from 'The Lorax' on the other. Makes for a very colorful and exciting Seussian world that I'm pleased you're exploring.

I see no reason for anyone to flame you for this chapter, as your writing is excellent as usual. I will admit however that I've had some trouble following this story with all of its peculiar happenings and unexpected twists. I'm not a fan of really dark material, but I trust you will explain all the things that are happening to Kristy, and that this story will conclude with a happy ending, like the original Seussical. I'll be waiting impatiently for the 'Havin a Hunch' sequence, and will also be waiting to see whether you use the Broadway or off-Broadway lyrics for the song, or maybe a mixture of both.

I hope you weren't offended by my comments. I understand how hard it is to write just one chapter of material sometimes. I'm glad I gave you some ideas for future chapters; its just nice to meet someone who loves Seussical as much as I do. Hope you update soon!

Martes Pennanti
Ellora-Carlyle chapter 26 . 11/24/2014
Holy shnikies! That ending! I just...AH! No words! It's brilliant! I love it! :D

*phew* Okay, I'm calm, I'm good. But seriously, that was awesome. Totally worth the wait. Can't wait to see what Havin' a Hunch looks like!
Martes Pennanti chapter 3 . 11/18/2014
I like the way you combine the original Broadway lyrics, the Seussical Jr. replacement lyrics, and the standard lyrics for 'Oh The Thinks You Can Think!', to make one complete song. 'Oh The Thinks You Can Think' is my favorite song in Seussical. (Besides 'The Lorax Song', which was removed.) It's just so lively and happy and so completely Seussian, with a sense of wonder and anticipation that makes for a great opening number. I often sing along with the lyrics when I listen to it on YouTube and regularly sing the song to myself. :) Hope you update soon!
Martes Pennanti chapter 24 . 10/16/2014
The emotion shown in this chapter during 'Solla Sollew' was heartbreaking. That sequence is definitely the most angsty and sad part of Seussical, with characters wishing they could all be together, far away from their respective predicaments. Very, very poignant.
Martes Pennanti chapter 23 . 10/16/2014
Bang up job with Mayzie in this chapter. You conveyed her conflicting emotions so well. It's easy to just pass her off as being completely self-centered and uncaring, like she was in the original Dr. Seuss book 'Horton Hatches the Egg'. I'll keep this portrayal in mind for my own version of Seussical.
Martes Pennanti chapter 25 . 10/15/2014
I've noticed you are nearing the "Havin' a Hunch" sequence. May I suggest adding the deleted Lorax scenes form the play back in after that? It was a really good, really emotional song. If you don't know the lyrics, just look up 'seussical the lorax song' on YouTube and it'll come up. You'll be blown away. It's your story and you can do what you please, but I so badly want to see what that scene would look like along with the rest of the Seussical plot.

Right now, I've got to go back and read the circus chapters. I never completely finished after reading chapters 1-15!

Keep up the good work and God bless!
Athenachild101 chapter 24 . 8/10/2014
Great story! I loved all of these chapters, and please update very soon! I was just in seussical (my run ended yesterday) as Gertrude McFuzz- such an amazing experience, and I have been reading lots of seussical fanfics to try and get over my seussical performance withdrawal - LOL. Please update soon- I'm excited because All For You is coming up! Yay!
showtunediva chapter 24 . 7/17/2014
The DNA testing adds an interesting twist to things. Can 't wait for the next chapter.:)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Could you write a story where 2 of the wickershams die, and one is left alone?