Reviews for Hour of Need
UnflinchingResolve chapter 7 . 7/11/2014
Wow.
Bizzy chapter 7 . 5/29/2014
First, I want to say that I have read this fix many many times. I haven't even logged into in ages but I really wanted to do so now to commend you on this piece. I must've found it during my senior year, which was a really emotionally tough time for me...and that was almost 3 years ago now. I remember reading it over and over again, like a kid looking for comfort in repetition. I've actually spent weeks looking for this piece again, but didn't know the name.

Anyway. This is such a stunningly well written piece. Perfect to canon? Honestly I can't even remember (School got in the way and I never finished Soul Eater). But so incredibly touching. The way you portray Lord Death's interaction with Kid, both as a child an as a teen, is exactly how I would imagine it to be.

You touched a very sensitive issue here and I think it was done so beautifully. The detail in the way you described things was fantastic. And I loved the painful honesty. Any sort of mental illness is not pretty. It can be dirty, nasty, scary-and you didn't shy away from showing the ugliness of a bad situation. Dealing with the "ugliness", so to speak, is how we move through struggles like these.

I just can't heap on enough praise. Just know that I will always be happy for the fact that this story will be here to read, time and time again.
geeklover89 chapter 7 . 4/20/2014
All the goodness! I need more father son moments like this! Thank you so much for that gem. I love the slow loss of control for kid.
df chapter 7 . 1/15/2014
please write more kid centered stories! it was so good and the fact that this is your only soul eater story is so sad because I loved it and theres no more!
EvErYtHiNg And SoMuchMore chapter 7 . 1/8/2014
Really well done! Great description throughout the whole thing and you didn't waver or go off topic either! I loved this! ;)
NillyNarwhal chapter 7 . 12/23/2013
Aw, I love stories about Kid and his dad. I just feel so bad for him in this one though, but that's how I know you conveyed the emotions and feelings and conflicts so well. Amazing job.
Aquiescence chapter 2 . 11/19/2013
Thrilling! I love the amount of detail you've put into this - a definite fave!
blur801 chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
amazing story
andysanime chapter 7 . 3/31/2013
Really good job, I absolutly loved it! Although... it was really sad... T.T but... I loved the ending ).
CanalaveMaiden chapter 6 . 11/26/2012
This was really great. I actually thought it would be good from the start, just based on the description. (See, guys, they matter!) anyways, it was a lot more in-character and sophisticated then a lot of stories out there. Props to whoever the hell you are, because your one in... Um... A lot of writers! Hahaha. xD I also like how even though to some people this story seems outrageous, it highly relates to my own life in some backwards manor, so props to that too. Cheers _!
kioku7 chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
GREAT portrayl of a breakdown! I loved it! Poor Kid!
TwinsAreAwesome1 chapter 7 . 8/20/2012
Great fanfic, Loved it! :D
Magpie1230 chapter 7 . 7/11/2012
I Absolutely loved this story! I feel you kept all of the character as in character as you could, And you did an amazing job portraying all of the emotions in this. The only criticism I can think of is there where a few typos and errors of that sort here and there. Other wise this was one of the best fanfics I have ever read! I plan to go and look at your other fics after I finish this. Keep writing amazing fanfics like this!
Ferbguy101 chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Although this is probably one of the only fanfictions with good writing the story is inaccurate, if it follows the anime if you observe kid's lines on his hair is only temporarily connected for that sort while when he shot asura. It seemed to me as if it was beyond his control. Again though, good fanfic
Cybra chapter 7 . 5/9/2012
I just recently got into Soul Eater and I adored this fic. The characterizations are amazing, and it's obvious that you put a lot of hard work into it. Definitely adding it to my favorites list to come back and enjoy it again and again.