Reviews for Hour of Need
Messy chapter 7 . 9/9
This is astonishingly good, and that's an understatement considering that I binge read it in a hour and fifteen minutes at five am. I /really/ love this fanfiction; (it hit my right in the feels, I swear.) Keep it up!
Homicide.and.Suicide.777 chapter 7 . 3/31
Great story. Loved it! Really good. Yes, I'd always thought that there hadn't been enough discussion about what happened after the Asura incident. Good job. Very satisfying indeed.
RedWolfInBlack chapter 7 . 3/26
This is the BEST fanfiction I have ever read! Truly BEAUTIFUL work! Never have I read a fanfiction that so perfectly captured the hell that is mental illness, and OCD isn't an easy one to write about. You capture the pain and struggles of it perfectly and you really got into the inner workings of Kid's mind. The relationship you showed between Kid and his Father is the best I have read, with Kid's illness he always obssessed over being perfect in order to please his father, and you showed it perfectly. And the imagery of Kid hugging his father and crying...Heart. Breaking. So beautiful, and being about to relate made the scene really move me! The heart breaking pain of mental illness and a parent stuggling to understand and help, it is an impossible thing to write about. But you did it. Excellent job!
neverXmind chapter 7 . 9/5/2015
This was beautiful, I can't explain it.
Lexx chapter 7 . 6/28/2015
Je l'adore!
UnflinchingResolve chapter 7 . 7/11/2014
Wow.
Bizzy chapter 7 . 5/29/2014
First, I want to say that I have read this fix many many times. I haven't even logged into in ages but I really wanted to do so now to commend you on this piece. I must've found it during my senior year, which was a really emotionally tough time for me...and that was almost 3 years ago now. I remember reading it over and over again, like a kid looking for comfort in repetition. I've actually spent weeks looking for this piece again, but didn't know the name.

Anyway. This is such a stunningly well written piece. Perfect to canon? Honestly I can't even remember (School got in the way and I never finished Soul Eater). But so incredibly touching. The way you portray Lord Death's interaction with Kid, both as a child an as a teen, is exactly how I would imagine it to be.

You touched a very sensitive issue here and I think it was done so beautifully. The detail in the way you described things was fantastic. And I loved the painful honesty. Any sort of mental illness is not pretty. It can be dirty, nasty, scary-and you didn't shy away from showing the ugliness of a bad situation. Dealing with the "ugliness", so to speak, is how we move through struggles like these.

I just can't heap on enough praise. Just know that I will always be happy for the fact that this story will be here to read, time and time again.
geeklover89 chapter 7 . 4/20/2014
All the goodness! I need more father son moments like this! Thank you so much for that gem. I love the slow loss of control for kid.
df chapter 7 . 1/15/2014
please write more kid centered stories! it was so good and the fact that this is your only soul eater story is so sad because I loved it and theres no more!
BarbaraGirl chapter 7 . 1/8/2014
Really well done! Great description throughout the whole thing and you didn't waver or go off topic either! I loved this! ;)
NillyNarwhal chapter 7 . 12/23/2013
Aw, I love stories about Kid and his dad. I just feel so bad for him in this one though, but that's how I know you conveyed the emotions and feelings and conflicts so well. Amazing job.
Aquiescence chapter 2 . 11/19/2013
Thrilling! I love the amount of detail you've put into this - a definite fave!
blur801 chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
amazing story
andysanime chapter 7 . 3/31/2013
Really good job, I absolutly loved it! Although... it was really sad... T.T but... I loved the ending ).
CanalaveMaiden chapter 6 . 11/26/2012
This was really great. I actually thought it would be good from the start, just based on the description. (See, guys, they matter!) anyways, it was a lot more in-character and sophisticated then a lot of stories out there. Props to whoever the hell you are, because your one in... Um... A lot of writers! Hahaha. xD I also like how even though to some people this story seems outrageous, it highly relates to my own life in some backwards manor, so props to that too. Cheers _!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »