Reviews for Finding Mikan
Aspirator chapter 14 . 9/19
I read this thinking I've never read this before. Imagine my surprise when I realized I reviewed this four years ago.

I find it interesting that what you've written with all these forces and Alices organizations at work in and out of the Academy is really, if you think about what happened with the Z organizations when they were kids. They just saw the academy side. Now we're looking at the outside, the Z organization side, it is like history repeating itself.
I know you will probably never read these reviews anymore, but I wonder if you had intended it that way or it happened so.
chiyokira chapter 14 . 5/29/2015
I would say something intricately worded but i'm in no such mood. But damn, this is good. Heck of a work you got here.

So yeah, you should continue this for sure. It's a definite keeper. Well done.
chiyokira chapter 4 . 5/25/2015
I love it. I love the style, the flowing sentences. Have you ever read 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (i think that's the name)? very similar style of writing. Gosh you could write a book. It's almost perfect to my taste.
Mimi145 chapter 14 . 1/4/2015
:0 This story is really intriguing! I love and hate how this story is in Hotaru's POV but it is nice to have a change. Though I did get confused in some chapters...but I like how you express each chararcter and how similar each character is to the manga. I hope you update soon. :D
apres-shampoing chapter 4 . 12/23/2014
Oh my God I think I've got this ! Janine is Mikan, riiiiight ?
Sleepyreader319 chapter 14 . 3/20/2013
SOOOOO GOOD! LOVE IT! UPDATE SOON, OKAY?
Midnight Fyreglow chapter 14 . 2/28/2013
Plz update!
snowwingz chapter 14 . 8/12/2012
Haha i was beginning to think that maybe mikan had already died, since natsume couldn't find her even after so long :O heh but seems like she's still alive and very much involved on things XD

Anyway, thx for updating! Can't wait for the next chapter
Sky RV Gracious chapter 14 . 8/9/2012
u astound me sumtyms ...i mean literally i feel ur like awesome :D
alryt the chap rocked as usual perfect grammar and amazing use of words :)
and i think mikan is in japan and the leader of ALP ?
i wonder wats goona happen next ...
though i was surprised when u mentioned kaoru ... i didnt even remember him till u mentioned that he had the face change alice:P
i find it kinda cute when hikaru calls hotaru auntie :P
and i do wonder why he thinks mikan is a home wrecker ...
anyways please update soon
Aspirator chapter 13 . 7/7/2012
Hi. A lot of people have already told you how wonderful your writing is blah blah and I'd sound like part of that broken record if I voiced my opinions but it's very true. It's absolutely beautiful.

Anyway. I suppose the key would fit in the lock for that box? But opposed to your A/N I have no idea what could be in that box. Maybe the alice stone?

This story is so...sadistic though. But then that's Hotaru's nature I guess. But still. So horrible. But beautifully captured!

I'm sorry I talk so much but after reading your story I've got long descriptive phrases and big words stuck in my head. I had to look up at least ten words a chapter. But that's good for me. I've got to study the SAT anyway.

Beautiful story!
peace.
MiladyQueenMab chapter 12 . 6/12/2012
I am so upset with Fanfiction right now, because not only did I not receive an email for your update, but also I couldn't review the 13th chapter for some reason. Apparently I've reviewed it before. I'll have to check that out later.

Anyways, I'm sincerely apologize for not having reviewed this the moment that you updated. :-( I'm such a terrible fan. I'll just cut to the chase and review this chapter as I go along.

HAHA. I love how you mentioned how crowded public transport in Japan is during a holiday. It's so true- even on weekdays, given that it's rush hour and all of the businessmen and women are trying to get home. In fact, there was an occasion a year back in which the buses were so crowded that the windows cracked. Imagine being stuffed in that hellhole. I'd die.

I love how you've done your research about Japanese train lines. I must admit that I am impressed; you got the basic outline of what Kitasenju station looks like down to a tee. I mean, it is an immensely crowded train station. Not to mention, the Isesaki line right before Shibuya is especially crowded. It amazes me how you were able to know such a thing without having been in Japan before. It makes me feel giddy to no end. :-) I appreciate your accuracy, at least to that degree.

The fact that you've begun with a sense of lightheartedness in the beginning is, to me, a very important aspect of the story. It had a Shakespearean feel to it- you know, how the poet intentionally inserts a joke or a scene for comic relief in times of distress or mystery, especially in tragedies. That, I believe, says a lot about what this story may turn out to be. And though I certainly hope that there is a happy ending at the end of this journey, I don't find it surprising if there isn't. On the contrary, I would expect an ending that doesn't encompass the usual happy ending. Even if there were to be a happy ending, it would be delivered in a literary way such that the ending would be more bittersweet. Eck, either way, I know that you'll perform, exceeding my expectations. You do in every chapter, after all.

The long-awaited meeting of Hikaru and Hotaru was so well done. The meeting was so short and brief, and though there was still the description of the child, as a pivotal moment in the story, the whole essence of their relationship is captured in that one moment. They don't really know each other that well, and the characterization of both of them resonates in the way that they speak to each other. It's so cold- so distant- that you can't help but wonder if the things that Hotaru had done to save this child was worth it. The compassion between the two of them is hidden, and it's so beautiful. As short as it was, it says everything about Hotaru as an individual in that she's so refined, and as impassive as she may seem, it doesn't change the fact that she did so much to allow him to meet his family again. It's brilliant.

Okay. Now I've reason to believe that you not pursuing creative writing as a profession is just the biggest wast ever. :-( How Hikaru could catch up with Hotaru without her having to slow her pace is just sweet. Again, it exemplifies the hidden relationship they have.

Wow. In all honesty, I did not know about Schrodinger's cat, and I've only heard of Fermat's Last Theorem. The fact is, the large majority of your readers will not be able to understand it, but I feel like that's the way it's meant to be. The Imais, as a family, are very difficult to understand and continue conversations with, especially considering the fact that they are so smart as to be intimidating. The very notion of that shines through in that conversation about the mathematical theorems and quantum mechanics.

OKAY. NOW YOU'RE A GENIUS. I've concluded it, and that's final. First of all, who comes up with all of that awesomeness about one plus one? I love, in particular, the fact that she was so confused with something that people had fixed in their brains as fact. I think it says a lot about the story in general. No one answer is correct; in fact, something that seems so incredibly simple could be, in reality, rather abstract. Or, on the contrary, Hikaru could be correct. I DON'T KNOW. It's way too complex and thought-provoking for me to write on a limited-character review right now. Eh. I'll email it to you, I suppose. Just remind me.

There's more of that in the conversation with Ross Anderson. I mean, let's be honest here- there are so many things about Hotaru that are seemingly perfect, but in all honesty, the very thing that she does not have is the perception of outside what she is dictated by society. That says a lot about the adults nowadays. What happened to creativity? What happened to thinking outside the box? What happened to the very catalyst needed to allow people to create new things? Okay, I've ranted a bit there about society, but she's the paragon of the reason why creativity is dead in society. That is, if she doesn't change her perception on life.

And perhaps, Hikaru is exactly what she needs. The love from her nephew is exactly what Hotaru needs for her to fill that void within. I'm not even going to comment on Subaru and Hikaru's relationship. It's just so good- I don't even know what to say right now. So I won't. I mean, I think I've rambled on for long enough, wouldn't you say?

I've come to the end.

Oh, how I've missed your writing. You had this rhythm going until the very end, and it's so amazing how you had me holding my breath until the very last statement. I'm amazed at your literary caliber. You are incredible.

I'm terrible at guessing, so I'm not even going to try. But let me say this- this chapter was so delightful. :-)

Thanks, Janet! May you keep updating over this summer. ;-) (No pressure, though, by the way. xD)
pinkpocket23 chapter 13 . 6/7/2012

First off, I just wanted to say that your writing is absolutely superb. I can't ever recall having come across an error, and the descriptive writing of your story was so on point. You did a fan-tabulous -(if that's even a word...) job on this story.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading from chapter one all the way to chapter thirteen. You definitely have a knack for keeping the reader guessing, and that's rare to do with some authors. I do hope that you continue to write. I enjoy the way you explain your characters and the mood set around them. I find it such a shame that you have so little reviews for such a wonderful piece of art like this. Please continue to do a great job, Indigo Grapefruit. :)

pinkpocket23 "hearts" this
Annabelle Rae chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
I sincerely fail to understand why this story only has 60 reviews or so.

This is a piece of art. Literally. The way you played with words was. Oh, I do not know how to describe it.

This is really wonderful.

I hope Hotaru gets her memories back soon, if that is even possible.

..and the key Natsume mentioned. Is it possibly the one Hotaru found as she was unpacking her case? The one she called her bestfriend about? I can't help but thinking it is.

And so, I am adding this story to my favorites. I shall wait patiently for your next update. :)

With much regards,

Athena
sky rv gracious chapter 13 . 5/2/2012
so ! I read the whole story again and yeah it has kept me hooked like always ... I loved it it is amazing :) B-)

I'll pm u as soon as my pc starts working :P

sorry for the crappy review but all I could manage with my phone :P

SG
this.pen.is.red chapter 12 . 4/30/2012
Okay, so I basically feel sinful for not having read this before. I'm pretty into HotaruNatsume stories, but I didn't realize that an awesome author like you had created one. What a terrible act, I know! I'm really sorry. But here I am! :)

It's, like, a work of ART. This is incomparable to anything that the fandom's ever come across. Its idea is excellent and unlike anything I've ever read. Though it's a mystery supposedly surrounded around Mikan, I think that the aspects that revolve around Hotaru and what she did in her life are more interesting to read. I don't know. I think it's the way that you write Hotaru, because I've never honestly felt like I wanted to know so much about a character before. GAH.

You write really well, and your sentences flow so smoothly that I wonder how you do it. I mean, you've got to have some kind of secret, right? XD Let me know, because I probably need it.

And I don't really like OCs, but I kinda bought into Chiaki. I don't know. Something about the guy is different from the rest of them, and it makes me really happy to know that there's not going to be just another Gary-stu. But then again, it's you, so I can't say that I expected any less. XD

Anyhoo, I like the sense of mystery that you've got developing. I feel like, as a reader, I can really relate to Hotaru because I don't know as much as her.

I'm really sorry because I haven't written up a review in a while,but I needed to post SOMETHING after reading this piece of art. :D

AWESOME JOB. I love it. In fact, I'll let it be loved by others and favorite it. XD