Reviews for Finding Mikan
Sleepyreader319 chapter 14 . 3/20/2013
SOOOOO GOOD! LOVE IT! UPDATE SOON, OKAY?
Midnight Fyreglow chapter 14 . 2/28/2013
Plz update!
snowwingz chapter 14 . 8/12/2012
Haha i was beginning to think that maybe mikan had already died, since natsume couldn't find her even after so long :O heh but seems like she's still alive and very much involved on things XD

Anyway, thx for updating! Can't wait for the next chapter
Sky RV Gracious chapter 14 . 8/9/2012
u astound me sumtyms ...i mean literally i feel ur like awesome :D
alryt the chap rocked as usual perfect grammar and amazing use of words :)
and i think mikan is in japan and the leader of ALP ?
i wonder wats goona happen next ...
though i was surprised when u mentioned kaoru ... i didnt even remember him till u mentioned that he had the face change alice:P
i find it kinda cute when hikaru calls hotaru auntie :P
and i do wonder why he thinks mikan is a home wrecker ...
anyways please update soon
Aspirator chapter 13 . 7/7/2012
Hi. A lot of people have already told you how wonderful your writing is blah blah and I'd sound like part of that broken record if I voiced my opinions but it's very true. It's absolutely beautiful.

Anyway. I suppose the key would fit in the lock for that box? But opposed to your A/N I have no idea what could be in that box. Maybe the alice stone?

This story is so...sadistic though. But then that's Hotaru's nature I guess. But still. So horrible. But beautifully captured!

I'm sorry I talk so much but after reading your story I've got long descriptive phrases and big words stuck in my head. I had to look up at least ten words a chapter. But that's good for me. I've got to study the SAT anyway.

Beautiful story!
peace.
MiladyQueenMab chapter 12 . 6/12/2012
I am so upset with Fanfiction right now, because not only did I not receive an email for your update, but also I couldn't review the 13th chapter for some reason. Apparently I've reviewed it before. I'll have to check that out later.

Anyways, I'm sincerely apologize for not having reviewed this the moment that you updated. :-( I'm such a terrible fan. I'll just cut to the chase and review this chapter as I go along.

HAHA. I love how you mentioned how crowded public transport in Japan is during a holiday. It's so true- even on weekdays, given that it's rush hour and all of the businessmen and women are trying to get home. In fact, there was an occasion a year back in which the buses were so crowded that the windows cracked. Imagine being stuffed in that hellhole. I'd die.

I love how you've done your research about Japanese train lines. I must admit that I am impressed; you got the basic outline of what Kitasenju station looks like down to a tee. I mean, it is an immensely crowded train station. Not to mention, the Isesaki line right before Shibuya is especially crowded. It amazes me how you were able to know such a thing without having been in Japan before. It makes me feel giddy to no end. :-) I appreciate your accuracy, at least to that degree.

The fact that you've begun with a sense of lightheartedness in the beginning is, to me, a very important aspect of the story. It had a Shakespearean feel to it- you know, how the poet intentionally inserts a joke or a scene for comic relief in times of distress or mystery, especially in tragedies. That, I believe, says a lot about what this story may turn out to be. And though I certainly hope that there is a happy ending at the end of this journey, I don't find it surprising if there isn't. On the contrary, I would expect an ending that doesn't encompass the usual happy ending. Even if there were to be a happy ending, it would be delivered in a literary way such that the ending would be more bittersweet. Eck, either way, I know that you'll perform, exceeding my expectations. You do in every chapter, after all.

The long-awaited meeting of Hikaru and Hotaru was so well done. The meeting was so short and brief, and though there was still the description of the child, as a pivotal moment in the story, the whole essence of their relationship is captured in that one moment. They don't really know each other that well, and the characterization of both of them resonates in the way that they speak to each other. It's so cold- so distant- that you can't help but wonder if the things that Hotaru had done to save this child was worth it. The compassion between the two of them is hidden, and it's so beautiful. As short as it was, it says everything about Hotaru as an individual in that she's so refined, and as impassive as she may seem, it doesn't change the fact that she did so much to allow him to meet his family again. It's brilliant.

Okay. Now I've reason to believe that you not pursuing creative writing as a profession is just the biggest wast ever. :-( How Hikaru could catch up with Hotaru without her having to slow her pace is just sweet. Again, it exemplifies the hidden relationship they have.

Wow. In all honesty, I did not know about Schrodinger's cat, and I've only heard of Fermat's Last Theorem. The fact is, the large majority of your readers will not be able to understand it, but I feel like that's the way it's meant to be. The Imais, as a family, are very difficult to understand and continue conversations with, especially considering the fact that they are so smart as to be intimidating. The very notion of that shines through in that conversation about the mathematical theorems and quantum mechanics.

OKAY. NOW YOU'RE A GENIUS. I've concluded it, and that's final. First of all, who comes up with all of that awesomeness about one plus one? I love, in particular, the fact that she was so confused with something that people had fixed in their brains as fact. I think it says a lot about the story in general. No one answer is correct; in fact, something that seems so incredibly simple could be, in reality, rather abstract. Or, on the contrary, Hikaru could be correct. I DON'T KNOW. It's way too complex and thought-provoking for me to write on a limited-character review right now. Eh. I'll email it to you, I suppose. Just remind me.

There's more of that in the conversation with Ross Anderson. I mean, let's be honest here- there are so many things about Hotaru that are seemingly perfect, but in all honesty, the very thing that she does not have is the perception of outside what she is dictated by society. That says a lot about the adults nowadays. What happened to creativity? What happened to thinking outside the box? What happened to the very catalyst needed to allow people to create new things? Okay, I've ranted a bit there about society, but she's the paragon of the reason why creativity is dead in society. That is, if she doesn't change her perception on life.

And perhaps, Hikaru is exactly what she needs. The love from her nephew is exactly what Hotaru needs for her to fill that void within. I'm not even going to comment on Subaru and Hikaru's relationship. It's just so good- I don't even know what to say right now. So I won't. I mean, I think I've rambled on for long enough, wouldn't you say?

I've come to the end.

Oh, how I've missed your writing. You had this rhythm going until the very end, and it's so amazing how you had me holding my breath until the very last statement. I'm amazed at your literary caliber. You are incredible.

I'm terrible at guessing, so I'm not even going to try. But let me say this- this chapter was so delightful. :-)

Thanks, Janet! May you keep updating over this summer. ;-) (No pressure, though, by the way. xD)
pinkpocket23 chapter 13 . 6/7/2012

First off, I just wanted to say that your writing is absolutely superb. I can't ever recall having come across an error, and the descriptive writing of your story was so on point. You did a fan-tabulous -(if that's even a word...) job on this story.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading from chapter one all the way to chapter thirteen. You definitely have a knack for keeping the reader guessing, and that's rare to do with some authors. I do hope that you continue to write. I enjoy the way you explain your characters and the mood set around them. I find it such a shame that you have so little reviews for such a wonderful piece of art like this. Please continue to do a great job, Indigo Grapefruit. :)

pinkpocket23 "hearts" this
Annabelle Rae chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
I sincerely fail to understand why this story only has 60 reviews or so.

This is a piece of art. Literally. The way you played with words was. Oh, I do not know how to describe it.

This is really wonderful.

I hope Hotaru gets her memories back soon, if that is even possible.

..and the key Natsume mentioned. Is it possibly the one Hotaru found as she was unpacking her case? The one she called her bestfriend about? I can't help but thinking it is.

And so, I am adding this story to my favorites. I shall wait patiently for your next update. :)

With much regards,

Athena
sky rv gracious chapter 13 . 5/2/2012
so ! I read the whole story again and yeah it has kept me hooked like always ... I loved it it is amazing :) B-)

I'll pm u as soon as my pc starts working :P

sorry for the crappy review but all I could manage with my phone :P

SG
this.pen.is.red chapter 12 . 4/30/2012
Okay, so I basically feel sinful for not having read this before. I'm pretty into HotaruNatsume stories, but I didn't realize that an awesome author like you had created one. What a terrible act, I know! I'm really sorry. But here I am! :)

It's, like, a work of ART. This is incomparable to anything that the fandom's ever come across. Its idea is excellent and unlike anything I've ever read. Though it's a mystery supposedly surrounded around Mikan, I think that the aspects that revolve around Hotaru and what she did in her life are more interesting to read. I don't know. I think it's the way that you write Hotaru, because I've never honestly felt like I wanted to know so much about a character before. GAH.

You write really well, and your sentences flow so smoothly that I wonder how you do it. I mean, you've got to have some kind of secret, right? XD Let me know, because I probably need it.

And I don't really like OCs, but I kinda bought into Chiaki. I don't know. Something about the guy is different from the rest of them, and it makes me really happy to know that there's not going to be just another Gary-stu. But then again, it's you, so I can't say that I expected any less. XD

Anyhoo, I like the sense of mystery that you've got developing. I feel like, as a reader, I can really relate to Hotaru because I don't know as much as her.

I'm really sorry because I haven't written up a review in a while,but I needed to post SOMETHING after reading this piece of art. :D

AWESOME JOB. I love it. In fact, I'll let it be loved by others and favorite it. XD
K0yuk1-san chapter 13 . 4/4/2012
Man! You give us really, really long break! I almost got worried there, when I read your latest profile update. I thought you might retire from this site forever (right now anyway).

I'm not the one to talk about "breaks", right? I had not reply to your PMs ever since last year. School, family, near death experience...practically the world was very determined to pry me off of the virtual world for months. You see that I didn't bother to login. Well, somehow this stupid site did not allow me to login. So pardon me for write this rambling at the review instead at the PM. You didn't have to reply this, I just want my words to reach you after such a long time (Not even half a year,sheesh...)

That aside, the summary. Oh yeah, the summary. Hmm...really, what part should I comment on? Well, to be (bluntly) honest, I'm not sure I like that summary. I mean, okay, Natsume and Hotaru may well be enemies. They are so perfectly hostile to each other, after all. But 'friends'? To me, the term 'friends' maybe a little too close, 'ally' seems more appropriate (at last right now anyway). And it didn't quite as interesting as the previous summary (in 'my' point of view as a reader). It just...too simple I guess, and it cannot capture the magnificent style of the story well. A little less 'mysterious', maybe.

Fine then, I'll stop complaining now. If someday you want to look back at this story and decide to continue, I will be waiting, no matter how long it will be!
ael fyragh chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
nice fic you have here.

It's really complicated and slow in investigation about mikan, makes me eager to find out how it'll go.

I just hope you have all the idea and time to write and update this. :)
OneDream 2Dream chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Ah, an interesting story so far! I'm too tired to come up with a decent review, so I'll save that for later. I just wanted to tell you I love your story so far, (I'm on chapter 1) and I can't wait to read more!

P.S. Living in Massachusetts, I find it interesting when people have a facination with something in the state. XD Currently, I am failing to eat a muffin in my Massachusetts home.
TheEncryptionKey chapter 13 . 1/6/2012
Wow, Hotaru is quite the unpleasant person. I'm so completely amazed at your update speed. I'm also quite captivated by the story itself. You write very well, don't you? (: Will be awaiting the next chapter.

Happy belated new year!
Sky RV Gracious chapter 12 . 1/5/2012
hey! so I'm back to review a last time before I leave ffn for some time ...exams :(

so since I couldn't review the last chap again I'm gonna review for this one :P

the story goin awesome seriously :)

though since I wasn't. used to hotaru's POV I found it a bit strange in the beginning but I'm used to it now

so I miss mikan loads but I loved the idea of the tangerines ! that was totally cool ! I did laugh a lot after reading that :P

... now i was quite surprised at the brutality of the other academy and I really liked the idea of student's rebellion :) :-D and I loved the part where hayate irritated hotaru :-D that was a nyc 1

so that's all I can think of for now... I'll take a leave now ... hope to back soon !

PS : update soon :-D