Reviews for Cliché
Painting Politics and Poland chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
*tearing up* Wow. That was beautifully written and so...honest. *applauds*
Holly The Sparkling Unicorn chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Good story! I love how you slowly crept up to the BAM he's with Rose now. Though I also hate that he got with Rose, don't he know Al is SO much better then Rose? Silleh boy.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I ship both Rose/Scorpius and Albus/Scorpius but I love Al/Scorp. But the way you put this together made it seem as if it was inevitable for Scorpius to fall for Rose and Albus to already have fallen for Scorpius. I liked it.

The only thing I saw was the very first sentence, "Scorpius tells me almost every day that he loves me." - I think it should have been "told" because it is present while the rest of your story is in past tense.

My favorite lines were, "I stopped loving him today." and, "And I have a feeling he stopped loving me the moment Rose walked into his life."

Overall, lovely
Minx of Lynex chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Awwww. I seriously want to cry now. This was very well written and I like that you chose these two for this story. Scorpius/Albus is a pairing that I am fond of and while it didn't work out in this, I did like it. The way that Albus is describing their relationship is amazing and like he said, very cliche. But it couldn't really be any other way, being the sons of the rivals of the century. However, when 'things changed' my heart nearly broke for Albus. Everything was just so perfect and I have to wonder if Scorpius ever truly loved Albus in the first place, he was probably just infatuated, thinking it was love. Yet, I think the thing that while utterly fitting, made me the angriest, was that it was Rose that took Scorpius away. I'm just not fond of Rose at all, and this planted that belief firmly in my head. I will once again, reel myself back in and stop the review here before I go on until HP actually becomes real. Haha. This was very good and I liked it very much! You did a great job with it :)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Aww Albus/Scorpius is one of the few nextgen pairings I like. Sad that this ended the way it did. But you did a great job of Albus thinking on the whole relationship and how it ended. "We almost considered switching Quidditch teams, but that had been a joke. Almost" That word almost is so meaningful its crazy. Really well written. The last two lines are fantastic too. It kind of emphasizes how Albus is just getting over it while Scorpius is with Rose. Nice job!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Poor Albus... I love the opening line; it really drew me into the story and made me want to keep reading. It was also a really good way to show the Scorpius and Albus used to be close. This story really speaks to me on a personal level because I went through something similar, and I feel like you really picked up the nuances of such a break up. I certainly identify with the Albus that you wrote here, and I thank you for portraying this relationship in such an accurate way. This is a great story, and I love it!
toavoidconversation chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
This was truly beautiful, it was like a proper look deep into Albus' soul...it was so heartfelt, i felt his pain! It was amazing, honestly. Well done, and good luck for the challenge :)
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Poor Albus! You crushed the heart of my favorite next-gen character AND broke up my favorite (and only) next-gen couple, and somehow still made me love the story.

HOW DO YOU DO THIS?

Seriously, I love this. The first-person works super well, because straight away that sucked me into it and made me feel like I was Al, which I quite enjoyed.

"I never knew why he had to take the time for me to fall for him, and then crush my hopes and dreams in the next instant."

That line right there . Yeah, that one's my favorite. :D

And ah, I inspire you to write! Yay! (Although, you totally stole my idea. There's this little dedication written at the top of that RL/SB fluff that I'm bound and determined to finish by the end of the week, and would already be done if I didn't have work, and it's got your name in it. :D)

Wow. This is a long review.

(*_*)