Reviews for Cigarettes and Sunsets
Titan18 chapter 1 . 1/31
ohh myyy gosh! sweet
ephieshine chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Very visceral. I enjoyed this one a lot (although Red Days is still dearest in my heart). Well-balanced and the characters are well-portrayed. Couple of verb tenses that are off, but it's not too glaring.
Wolflover chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I liked this one a lot. I can see that happening and i really liked how she had been smoking as well. I thought that your first two lines really fit the story because even though they both miss Asuma, it is better to miss him together than alone. I guess that's what I'm trying to say... Kind of.

I thought that the whole Naruto-coke part was funny but I think that Shikamaru trying it after confiscating it was very like him.

I really liked how you nailed Shikamaru's and Ino's character here, and how Shikamaru sometimes felt like Ino could see through his disguises and really know him.

You described their kiss really well also. I liked how he would randomly want to touch her hair and eyelashes and how "Ino doesn't do the personal bubble thing and Shikamaru is to lazy to care" but that that time he liked it.

I liked how Ino holds her cigarette and Shikamaru just kind of sticks it in his mouth and holds it in his teeth.

Certain places were a bit confusing but really there weren't any mistakes and I really enjoyed reading it and loved all the little details you put in.

Thank you! :)
Random Mongoose chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I don't think you should receive flames for this...it was well written with a different tone. Originality is what makes it great, although others may not see it that way. But then again, others shouldn't matter, seeing as its your story )

R.M.
eryxl chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I haven't read so many Shikamaru/Ino fics, but I kinda like the pairing. I like the two of them sharing a moment of grief with cigarettes, and kissing, but it's only a momentary distraction.

One of my favorite parts: The two of them lying next to each other, touching slightly, and Shikamaru wanting to touch Ino. And I don't know why, but I like the idea of Shikamaru taking drugs to dull the pain more than I probably should. This is a nice characterization of Shikamaru, contemplating and slightly emotional.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I love the beginning! I mean I really can understand Shikamarus thoughts! Normally hes a really normal and lazy guy whos very smart but at the same time doesnt want to care for much. Just because it would be troublesome for him. But at the same time he cant stop himself while thinking of Asuma. its a horrible thing to lose a person and even more when you really adored and liked that person. Nothing will be the same for him anmore, will it?

And I really like how you compared Shikamaru to other persons. I mean, yeah, hes not really used to stress because he tries to avoid it, so it must be even harder for him.. :( I just never thought he would need drugs to avoid these stress and feelings. But its a nice possibulity. Aw, but of course, I dont really think its nice, I hope you know what I mean! xD I mean drugs can make you happy or stop you from thinking, I think he really could need something like this after Asaumas death?

I loved Shikamarus thought about smoking in rings! ;) Of course he would be reminded of Asuma through the smell of the smoke. It must be very comforting for him...

I also really like it that Shikamaru wants to hide all these things from Ino. He doesnt want her to see him like this or to annoy her? :3 But I can imagine Ino to look through Shikamaru. I mean she also lost her teacher even though he was closer to Shikamaru. Its probably just easier for Shikamaru to think hes the only one who misses Asuma in that way.

Haha, and that Ino already knows how to make rings. Its only logical that she might miss Asuma in the same way Shikamaru does. ;)

I think Ino could really be like that when its about touching or personal space. The same goes for Shikamaru. ;) I can really understand why they dont want to be alone and Im glad they have each other in these moments. That was really good! :)
always-kh chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I like the perspective and angst and it is very well written and seems in character for him and the emotions come across very well. I personally don't really see it so much as a pairing as about them trying to reach out and not feel the way they are but whatever the case it's interesting.

Nicely done. I am rather amused by the reference to naruto as well. lol.