Reviews for Hell or High Water
ArtofthePlate chapter 41 . 9/30
This is definitely one of the top-tier Portal fics. The tension and character interactions all felt real, you made me laugh and cry, and the ending felt very satisfying.
I'm not familiar with the characters of Half-Life, but their presence was appreciated. My one question is: if Mossman was Chell's mom, what about the Easter-egg in the bring-your-daughter-to-work-day room hinting that Chell's dad was an Aperture employee?
I don't know if you've written a sequel, but in my head I'm imagining Gordon and the others finding Aperture and meeting Chell and Rattman and the bots.
I love this story.
ArtofthePlate chapter 26 . 9/29
Well, the fact that he didn't even think about saving his own skin when the turrets hit him shows that he's already improving.
ArtofthePlate chapter 25 . 9/29
Fact Core, yay!
Oh, GLaDOS and her one-track mind. She just doesn't get that Chell doesn't care about test protocol and qualifications.
By the way, in an earlier chapter GLaDOS referred to herself as "us" instead of "me." Is Caroline still there? Because up until then, I was lead to believe not.
ArtofthePlate chapter 22 . 9/29
I had no idea Wheatley being dead could be so hilarious.
But he turned off the homing beacon. Will that mean problems?
ArtofthePlate chapter 20 . 9/29
You made me tear up over the frikin' space core. And made me laugh again right after. You are truly a master of your craft.
ArtofthePlate chapter 18 . 9/29
So much Greek Mythology. At this rate, I hope the Oracle Turret makes an appearance.
Speaking of turrets, will any defective black ones show up?
ArtofthePlate chapter 15 . 9/29
She wanted to catch Chell at her best. It's not a victory if no effort was needed.
And GLaDOS gets a taste of what happens when people try to treat emotions as logical facts.
I find it interesting that she apparently felt pity for the Combine victims. Though denying it is completely in character. Will we find out how her initial reunion with Doug went?
ArtofthePlate chapter 12 . 9/29
Yes! So much yes!

Okay. Calm.
Firstly, you nearly made me wake my roommates because I was laughing so hard. As soon as Rick said "it is on" I got a mental image of the two of them fighting... By rolling forward slowly until they hit each other and rolled away again... Well, I thought it was funny.
"His name was Rick." I see what you did there.
Secondly, I WAS RIGHT! Rattman, yay! I love stories where he and GLaDOS interact. And their discussion on avian parenting made me giggle.
ArtofthePlate chapter 8 . 9/29
At this rate, I'd take Orion and his nerd-speak over Wheatley any day.
ArtofthePlate chapter 7 . 9/29
I didn't know it was possible to love Space Core so much. You've turned him from a somewhat-sentient running gag into an actual character. He's so cute!
Oh boy, this is getting good. Can't wait to find out who the people talking are. I suspect that one is GLaDOS, and it would be cool if the other was Rattman.
ArtofthePlate chapter 2 . 9/29
You got me with that first chapter. I had my suspicions, with the repeated quotes and everything, but as soon as Wheatley was unwrapped I went, "oh, it's going to be one of THOSE stories."
Boy, did you prove me wrong. In a good way.
So, you noticed that the song is everywhere too, huh? I've heard it from the Companion Cubes, from waking up after Wheatley flies into space, during the Space Phase menu track, and I think it's in the background of the song that plays over the Hard Light bridges, too, at a much lower pitch. I'm happy that someone besides me heard it!
Review chapter 41 . 7/6

One of the top fanfics in general out there
My favorite portal fanfic. None of the character lines were OOC, especially GLaDOS, who succeeded to remain hilariously sarcastic yet changing. And beileve me, none of the other fanfics I read so far hardly accomplished this. I felt like I was reading Portal 3, really. I love there isn't any romantic pairing, but I really enjoyed interactions between Chell and Glados. God, she was super Tsundere that it amused me whenever she tried to care and protect Chell.
Also I really love your Orion, Rick, and other cores. (Srsly I need Orion in my life.) And Weatley was sincere, not betraying and quite less talkative which I was grateful since he sometimes talks too much:p Doug Rattman was also quite interesting to read. I love his conversations with his companion cube.
Cat Fishy chapter 1 . 1/30
Wow, it's been a while since I've read this. Two years now? It's been two years since I last read Hell or High Water, but I still remembered everything before even looking at the first chapter. That's good. That means you made an impression on me. Now I must spend all night reading this entire story again because memories. Eh. It's not like I expected to get much sleep tonight anyways. Besides, maybe I can tire myself enough to override my OCD and actually write something myself.
Kimi-Ichisaigosuki chapter 42 . 1/25
This story is amazing! I tore through it in a few hours, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you so much for writing!