Reviews for The Beginning is Now
RainyNightsAreTheBest chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
Wow... This is great work, I love how well you described Reese's "inner voice".(:
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Wait- ahahaha... ahem...
This is good! Really good!

Nice and Great!

But suddenly Mr. Reese make me want to eat egg so badly! XD
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
A very nice short encapsulation of character in a particular point in time.

One of the character angles that really stood out for me in this is the idea that Reece isn’t threatened by Finch’s knowledge of him because that knowledge is a function of Finch’s particular strengths, and he is confident in his own, very different strengths – each of them is very certain of their own skill sets, and it makes sense that each would therefore measure another not by the other’s abilities, but by their own. I really like that concept, and it rings true between these two.

Of course, the whole thing with the voice in his ear talking him out of a dream (and the understanding of what that is starting to mean) is a nice touch too.

A pleasure to read, thanks.
ImaginaryNumber chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Very astute observations and wonderfully phrased.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Nice. Hope this is the begining of some slash with Reese & Finch. They make such a cute mismatched couple.
lionsassy chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
wonderful, just wonderful.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Nice little delving into the budding friendship these two share. It's been fun to see it develop.

Nicely done. :)
SeveRemus chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
What can I say? I LOVE it!

"could make him smile like a kid with a crush" - Thank you! XD
wildwordwomyn chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Love this story. You got John's voice just right and the ending is perfect!
TyrannosauraRegina chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Nicely done. You have a sure sense of their personalities and your writing style is great.
Lucky4Track chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Wow... that struck a cord with me. Wonderful work, everything flowed well and you captured the feelings really well. Thanks for sharing,
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I am so very impressed with your style of prose and the way you effortlessly capture the characters. These are two of the hardest characters to try to crawl inside that I've seen in a while, I think, and you speak Reese so very very well.

What I love about this is that you take a moment of the very few times we get any levity between these two men and explore it. Trust issues they may both have, they are still feeling each other out and trying to force a friendship of sorts. And Reese shows his emotions through his eyes and voice and on the rare occasion he really smiles, Finch seems to be the reason behind it.

Whatever way you choose to see it, these two men are forcing a connection and I love the way you describe it in this. I do hope to see more from you on these two!
Nukenin chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
You definitely captured Reese well here. I love how you have him eating the Eggs Benedict! Small confession - I actually looked up Person of Interest simply because you wrote the snippet and I have to say I absolutely adore the series. I cannot wait for the next episode!
mirth513 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Very nicely written insightful piece into both Reese and Finches characters.