Reviews for Erenne
Sandalaris chapter 12 . 3/2/2014
First time reviewing this. Just finished Cast in Ruins and wanted to wait until I had read it before I read this. :)
I usually hate baby stories, don't mind pregnacy fics so much (if the writer doesn't go overboard with it), but the kid itself usually bothers me. This is cute thought. Not overly sappy, not too angsty, everything a perfect balance. :)
I was kind of hoping the little girl would have Kaylin's eyes, mainly because her Barrani traits were so strong and she had Nightshade's hair, that having unchanging mortal eyes would just make me giggle like school girl. But I still really like this.
Ok, off to read the final chapter. :)
Aista chapter 14 . 10/13/2013
I really enjoyed this. Your characterisation was spot on.
sunnycalendargirl chapter 14 . 11/10/2012
I wanted to leave a comment to say how wonderful I think this story is. It's true to character in so many ways but handles the transition of time well. I very much enjoyed it.
JCCeleste chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Just wanted to share this review with you of Erenne through our comment boards:

That emmust/em be a rhetoricle question-have I read "Erenne"? lol, only like a million times! I found it shortly after CiP came out and I am in LOVE with the stories this girl puts out. I can't wait til she gets to publish her own books, I will buy every single one! I'm so pleased she's doing a series on Cian as well, but I will we'd get more Nightlin oneshots after "Familiarity"!

2012/10/01/discussion-board-coe-severn-kaylin/#comments
Guest chapter 13 . 9/27/2012
Love this story, thank you
JC chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
Seriously fricken awesome! More, more, please!
a.e chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Annie summed it up really well. And-dude-I just read your profile...18 YEARS OLD? Damn! You will definitely go places, girl; your level of observation and nuance is so far beyong your age (let alone half the human populace), and your creativity is clearly high-caliber. If being an author is a career desire for you, I can't wait to read your published books. Keep up the good work!
Elspeth chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
Wow, a plausible Kaylin and Nightshade get together and have a baby story... I'm impressed. Good work.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
so glad you posted another chapter to wrap things up; and yes, we would love love LOVE for you to write more on a follow-up series!

I have to tell you, you've done such a wonderful job with this story (the characters, plot, and writing style) that I forgot it wasn't part of the actual series-I even almost quoted part of it in the discussion thread on Michelle Sagara's web page! I remembered at the last second, saving myself some embarrassement..but that's an example of how great of a job you're doing with this fanfic! Keep it coming :D
Annie chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
After obsessively checking FF for updates over the past couple of days, I honestly don't think there's a unit of measurement out there that can aptly quantify the level of happiness/excitement I felt when I saw the addition of Chapter 13 - at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have so much love for this story! :-)

What a wonderful ending - especially given that you kept it real and true to form, rather than overdoing it with cloying sunshine and puppies. Frankly, that's probably what I respect and admire most about your writing - how well you write the characters, and how you don't flinch away or ignore their imperfections/stubbornness/weaknesses. Case in point - I bet a lot of people were expecting a declaration of love from Nightshade for Kalyin (and later, for Cian), but you knew (as we all should) that THAT would have been rather uncharacteristic of him and likely not at all believable; I much preferred the subtle hints, the subtle gestures, and the subtle intensity of his regard - in my opinion, it was more meaningful that way, as well as far more powerful.

Thanks once again for the time and effort you put in this, and for your generosity in sharing "Erenne". As most of your readers would agree, this is hands-down the best fic in this category!

P.S. Fave line in Chapter 13: "But that was in the future. For now, they had this." - beautiful!

P.P.S. "if you guys would be interested in that" - are you INSANE? As IF you even need to wonder that... A million yes's - a one-shot series continuing "Erenne" would be beyond amazing! :-D
Steph chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
Another great chapter. She is like a Teela Kaylin cross LOL.
Terrence Rogue chapter 13 . 9/24/2012
Aww. It's kind of sad to see it end, but what a lovely ending it was.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/24/2012
you do such a wonderful job of writing in a style similar to Michelle Sagara's, and you actually have the characters saying and acting as they might in one of her books. I love it! And this particular story is a total bit of brain candy, a plotline I hope will come up in one of the future Cast novels...please don't stop writing, you're doing a great job!
Annie chapter 12 . 9/23/2012
Wow, I have so much love for this story. Your characterisations are spot on (Nightshade's in particular!), the dialogue true to form, the pacing smooth and well set, and the entire concept absolutely brilliant and wonderfully executed. I read chapters 1 through to 12 in one sitting and I am DYING to read more. Amazing stuff, thank you so much for sharing!
Terrence Rogue chapter 12 . 9/23/2012
Awwww... Nice chapter. I love that your doing a multi chapter CoE fic. For some reason the few on this site all end up abandoned. I'm looking forward to the rest of yours.