Reviews for Diamonds and Rust
Lackia chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
God, this was so lovely! Keep it up!
barbex chapter 5 . 1/22/2013
Yes, it's much more believable that way. Bedridden and both of them insecure about who they are and what they are to each other.
They both are very much in character, I think, except for the part where Garrus has forgotten Wrex name. I don't think he would forget the name of the krogan who called him a kid!
Quote: "You'd better head back to the ship, kid – any longer out here in the real world and you just might have to learn something."
Fatal Errors chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
This chapter was beautifully written, and I think nicely fills in the void the game left. Nicely done.
Punmaster Extrordinaire chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
What a great set of character/relationship studies! Very good-I hope you might be able to add more someday. Thank you!

(though I have to think that it would have to be an *enormous* blush to be seen thorough
thick Turian skin)
Lord of Bays chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Hilariously, "Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too" popped up on my shuffle while reading this chapter.

HA.
CalliesVoice chapter 4 . 5/18/2012
Yay! I'm glad you're working on this again!
anonymous moose chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
So far, exceptional work. I'm a fan of the first chapter more than the others, though I greatly enjoyed Garrus being angry at Shepard for dying. That's something I haven't seen before, even if in hindsight it's a pretty obvious tack to take.

The third was a bit... well, it worked. It did what it had to do. It certainly wasn't bad. But it felt like things I've read before. It didn't stand out. I can remember only a couple of lines from it and I just read it all of two minutes ago.

The dialogue chapter was nice. I have a weakness for good dialogue. Should have gone further, though. Have it read like a transcript, maybe format it like a Cerberus or Shadow Broker report. As is, the break in the middle feels forced. It breaks the illusion established at the beginning with the italicized text.

You are talented. I would very much like to read more.
Fan chapter 3 . 11/15/2011
All of these are beautiful vignettes, but the third chapter is just amazing.

Typically writers go two ways with it- crazy passionate interspecies sex or awkward passionate interspecies sex. I like the fact you went a different direction and made it more focused on two people in love despite their physical differences.

I love this!
Alex.y.111 chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
Wow. This is a really great story.

A lot of emotions, without being cheesy.

I especially liked Garrus' POV in the second chapter. For some reason Garrus in the third chapter felt a bit disconnected from the Garrus in the second one.

He felt a bit indifferent. Maybe that's not the right description, maybe a little less passionate?

Maybe it's the way you described him as the territorial turian. For me the possessiveness always makes Garrus somehow less personal.

I don't know how it looked before all the editing, but it is a good read now. I'd like to see more chapters, you certainly have a way with words.
servantofclio chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
Lovely chapter!
girl undone chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
This is my favourite chapter so far. I love the portrayal of Garrus. I think it's spot-on.
Cruellae chapter 2 . 10/30/2011
This is lovely. Please continue writing it, I would love to read more.
Redglade chapter 2 . 10/30/2011
Oh, this just makes me ache for Garrus. I do love me some angst-ridden turian badass, and this is right up my alley. The description of Shepard gets me too...is seems so vivid even though you didn't put in any specific details. Well-done!
servantofclio chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
This is very charming, emotionally realistic. I enjoyed reading it and I'm looking forward to more!
satsumio chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Cute. I like it. Looking forward to more!