Reviews for The Nutcracker Prince II: The Mouseking's Tale
girlofhearts101 chapter 36 . 11/13/2017
I love the way you wrote this story. It was very nice to see a different side of one's story as a change of pace and I have been a fan of this film and I still am. So much nostalgia. I loved how the Mouseking got his name Arthur as well as many other event that had occurred as the story progress. I hope you continue to write more stories and be as awesome of a person you can be. I wish you the best of luck.
Ethelbell Bellethel chapter 34 . 2/5/2016
I totally loved this story. I wasn't really looking for this kind of story, at first, but then... I got curious. And I don't regret a second of it. So, thank you !
katmar1994 chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
I love it already! I can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 34 . 4/18/2015
JMJ.
Oh, my goodness! The BEST fanfiction ever! It made me really see the 'Nutcracker Prince' in a completely different way. Rather than say, 'Yeah, the Mouse King's dead!', we're rather rooting for him and Bianca! I wish it could be made into a movie!
It's the year 2015 and I was blessed to dance 'Clara' in my former dance studio's 'Nutcracker' performance four years ago. Reading this brought a wave of memories, a feeling of being a child again, and believing in true, honest love. When I was younger, around eight to fourteen, I really did believe that toys and anything under the Christmas Tree came alive at midnight! :) I even told my siblings that I'd sneak down, take my family's wooden Nutcracker away from the tree, snuggle up on the coach, and wait for midnight to strike! I hoped against all hope that the toys would come alive and I would be Clara again! I'm almost eighteen and I'm still smiling as I remember, going back, remembering how wonderful it was to dream of such hopes like that. I still do... I miss being Clara! If I were to go back, I would ask to play her again; I think my Nutcracker misses me!
I know for a fact I miss him! Don't worry, sweet Nutcracker, I will come back! I promise!
Thank you SOOO much for making this story! I hope and pray that you'll continue your writing and that God will bless you so much! I enjoyed it a lot! (Side question: what happened to Bianca and Arthur? I hope those two had a wonderful life!)
Thank you again! GO NUTCRACKER/MOUSE KING/BIANCA LOVERS!
God bless! - Guest
Gdenofa chapter 35 . 7/10/2013
Hello Abigail,
I am very touched that you enjoyed my story in wanting it to be a movie. That would make my day but unfortunately I do not have any relations with the movie's maker. I am just a die hard fan of the Mouseking and the characters.

I was contacted back by the director who said he would take a look at this story in the future. I haven't heard anything so I am hoping he will have time to take a look at it as well.

Thanks again hon!
Abigail Howland chapter 35 . 7/10/2013
PLEASE: as you made a story... can You maybe try and get a film made? PLEASE!
I'm just heart broken that nobody has bothered to make a film of this marvelous story. if i was older i would. but 13 year olds can't do that. i'm just so in love with this story i just want to take this opportunity to beg you to try and at least consider to get in contact with some one (lacewood) and make this into a film. yes, i realize its around 30 years since the 1st film was made. unless you didn't know but the fist film is already on youtube. over 35,000 people have seen the first movie on youtube alone. oh please, please, ... PLEASE listen and make a movie! at least for the followers on here? IF YOU DID... "oh Gee" that would be wonderfull. and i could never say thank you enough! please again consider.
yours hopefully,
Abigail Louise Howland.
(Hernebay highschool
student forum member.)
Dobergirl102 chapter 30 . 1/19/2013
Whoa, this was amazing. I loved it from beginning to end. The moment when the Mouseking and Hans were glowering at each other, their long rivalry all boiled down to that instant, was fantastic. And all of the mice yelling out "OH GEE!" was hilarious. Dang it, Bianca, now you've got them all doing it!
I had the feeling that the Mouseking was going to have to use his tail eventually. Also great was Bianca starting up the cheering; I loved that you had everyone doing their part in the rescue.
Also a lot of great little details, like the mice chewing on each other's nails in the beginning. And the Mouseking was at his snarky best. "Forget tomorrow, I'm regretting that now!"
I get the sense that this story is coming to its end, and that makes me very sad. But it's been a wonderful ride so far, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
Dobergirl102 chapter 21 . 1/17/2013
Wow, this chapter was awesome!
I loved every minute of the conversation between King Arthur and his mother. It was really sad when he cowered when she first tried to strike him, just seeing how quickly her presence reverted him to his old behavior. But it was great to see him standing up to her, refusing to take her crap, and finally snapping at the end. For a while there I was worried that he might break when she was mocking him about the ribbon, and it was very gratifying when he refused to give in. Seems his time with Bianca really did do him some good.
I also liked how you used the Mousequeen to fill in what Arthur has missed since he's been in recovery. Also great was the Queen insulting poor little Smidge, calling him "shorty." You wrote her very well here.
The first thing I thought of when I read the Mousequeen's first line was "The Nuttiest Nutcracker." Loved it!
Dobergirl102 chapter 27 . 1/17/2013
Wow, what a chapter! I loved the exchange between the Mouseking and Hans. The line "And look how that turned out," was awesome. Having the bridge cut down was pretty clever; I love that you've made the Mouseking tough and competent in battle, as he was in the film (he just needs to do something about his habit of breaking into malicious laughter during a fight). And yikes, that ending! Another great line from the Mouseking was the "Whoever said love never dies was wrong...DEAD wrong!" After showing us so much of the Mouseking's vulnerable side, you've still done a great job of making him menacing.
Can't wait for the next installment!
Nutcracker Lover chapter 35 . 12/21/2012
I just re-watched the promotional video on YouTube for this story, and I read your comments regarding that Paul Schibi (spelling?) has corresponded to you that he is going to read your story?
Congratulations! You absolutely deserve it after all the work you put into this story! I wish you continued success in all your efforts!

Also, if Mr. Schibi (pardon if I misspelled your name) reads this, I hope you continue to make fine movies such as "The Nutcracker Prince". I hope you have realized what a phenomenal impact it has had on several generations of viewers. "The Nutcracker Prince" is a treasure and I hope the production of movies such as this continues to thrive. May God Bless.
Nutcracker Lover chapter 35 . 12/21/2012
Oooookay, I have no idea where to start...how about we start with the entire idea, conception, and execution of the story? In one word it was: phenomenal! I tip my hat to you! The story was incredibly well written, and you did an amazing job of intertwining references from the movie and from your own work! Not only that, but you did so in a manner that was not annoying or in-your-face, rather it was subtle and MEANINGFUL (which are two aspects of writing that are quite rare in modern writing much less a FAN FICTION!). I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this story. From one writer to another, I realize how time consuming and difficult it can be to get your ideas on paper, precisely as you want them. (I speak from experience). I actually discovered this story through a link on YouTube in the description of a video promoting it. (Which PS and by the way, if you go to that video, there is also a link to the DeviantArt as well, which I am now anxious to see!) To continue, the concept of this story is genius! I am a die-hard Nutcracker fan, having performed in the ballet 5 separate times, dancing various roles from a baby flower to a child in the party scene to a Chinese doll (in the land of sweets) to a clown, and a toy soldier in the Nutcracker's 'army' (which is probably my utmost FAVORITE roll!), alas I'm too tall to be Clara... Anyways, my pointy was that I have been very accustomed to Tchaikovsky's version and the Barbie version (which I ADORE as well!) (I discovered "The Nutcracker Prince" last year I believe), so I found this take on the Mouseking's I mean...King Arthur's...or Arthur's story quite fascinating though I was apprehensive at first. Overall, the character development was superb. I honestly can not choose one over the other! Although, I must say that I smiled like crazy whenever Clara and Hans had their moments! It was so accurate and true to the original script that I heard each of the actor's voices in my head as I read (particularly Ms. Phyllis Diller!) To wrap things up, (I apologize for rambling so much) the messages of redemption, love, friendship, forgiveness, inner-strength, and "toughness" are beautiful and heartwarming, and for that I applaud you for writing a story with heart: the best kind. I pray that you continue writing for it is obvious that you enjoy it and have an incredible talent for story telling, and you have a promising and receptive audience! ;). God Bless.
Michelle Kim chapter 11 . 11/23/2012
Aww so cute
Michelle Kim chapter 10 . 11/23/2012
So sweet!
Michelle Kim chapter 9 . 11/23/2012
Nice touch
Michelle Kim chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
So sweet and perplexing for the mouse king.. love it!