Reviews for Institutionalised
the story goes on chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Wow! It's amazing how the mind works, you put in words like 'unstable criminal', 'death penalty', 'psychological evaluations', 'deemed insane' and 'Arkham Asylum' leading readers to assume we were reading about the Joker. Then you painted the very picture of an insane person who was very much in denial about his sanity. The extreme fear this character evoked amongst the other crazy villains (honestly who would come to mind when you think of an insane criminal that is feared by every other convict?). You never gave any reason to doubt that it was the Joker. Even that bit about the disgust at the reminder that he was only flesh and blood (Joker hated to be as common as everyone else, he sees himself as different from everyone else). Flags were raised when the other person talked about him not helping anyone being there. And the next bit about the prisoner caring about rules was the nail in the coffin. Ha! Like Joker would ever care about rules imposed by others.
I know my comment is super long but I'm so loving this story. You did an excellent job. I do love a good mystery or twist and that was a great twist.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
sequal please?
All Nightmare Long chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
What's really really really awesome is the first half could either be about Batman or Joker. But I'm glad it ended the way it did.
beeminionjeran chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
That was fantastic and unexpected. Totaly fooled me for the bigger part of the story. Wich i like. Fianly a short story that knows how to suprise. I also really enjoyed the way you write. Gonna take a look what other stories uve wrote.
Kimmeth chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Holey Moley, it took me a while to figure that one out. I had to go back and read it again from the beginning.

Clever. Very clever, and very well written.

*Applause*
Vessel42 chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Short and sweet. Just how I like it.

At first, I had thought it was the Joker who was caught and suffering through this. The summary as well as the first half of this little oneshot ensured my obliviousness. I had to go back and do a double-take of the dialogue to see who was speaking who and tell that it was Batman who was the prisoner. Probably the best element out of this good story overall.
strixx chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
... Wow, I was /not/ expecting that.

Wonderful plot twist, you got me about three-quarters of the way through. xDD
Krystina chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Hi Lexical Item. This is a really well written story. I like how you initially think that it is the Joker in the asylum, but it is really Bruce. Very cool. You have a easy to read writing style to, well done.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Okay... There are very few times I've ever wanted to stand up and give someone a round of aplause for a story, but this is it!

Okay... You GOT ME!

I had to say it... I went all the way through most of this thinking you were talking about the Joker- and then there I was like, 'HOLY CRAP!'... Honestly, I laughed right out loud.

And then I went back and re-read the story and was like 'how did I NOT see it?'

This was great, not only because of the twist, but because of how damn WELL you got into Batman's head. I knew you could do Crane and Joker like nobody else- so it should have just been logical that you would nail Batman down... But I was still happy to see that fact confirmed.

Please, please PLEASE, don't ever stop writing for this universe... I'd probably cry if you did.
SBro53 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Wonderful and a little different! Please continue!