Reviews for A Song of Ascent
LadySkadi chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I loved this piece! It was exactly right for Éowyn and Faramir. However, in the last paragraph, you wrote, "Andreth approached his grandsire..." That should be 'her grandsire', right?
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Nimloth9 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Sad and sweet, very beautiful!
Darkover chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Dear Itarille1: This story is excellent, and it seems perfect for the Teitho "Music" challenge, so I can't understand why you didn't submit it at the Teitho site. At least you posted it here, to give people the pleasure of reading it. It is very descriptive, and the Rohirric Lament really *does* seem more appropriate to Eowyn than it did to Eorl the Young. I liked the way you made clear that everyone will miss Eowyn, but especially her husband. I really felt for Faramir, and thought you wrote of his grief in a very realistic and sensitive way. As I don't know what the name "Andreth" means, however, I missed the meaning of Faramir's remark to his granddaughter about how they named her well. I must be the only Tolkien fan in existence who isn't fluent in the languages he created for Middle-Earth. BTW, at the same time I received an Alert indicating this story was available, I received an e-mail Alert indicating that Chapter Two was up. While it does seem to me that the first chapter is a complete story and stands well by itself, if there is supposed to be a second chapter I should like to read it, but I keep getting a message indicating that the second chapter cannot be found. You might want to check with FFN about that. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Ellynn chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Such a wonderful, poignant story. This would surely get one of my votes. Your descriptions of Faramir, his thoughts, music and the emotions it provokes is so beautiful and perfect.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
This was a lovely story which certainly would have had one of my Teitho use the musical theme beautifully. I hope to see more of your stories at Teitho in future.
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Beautiful! So bittersweet! Eowyn has accomplished so many great deeds in life, and her passing has touched many. I loved it how you show how everyone has come to honour her for a last time - the guards are from the Citadel, Ithilien and Rohan, and envoys have come from everywhere. Even Elves and Dwarves are present. It shows the great impact the White Lady has had on all the world, and on people from all lands. But best of all was Faramir's experience and the hope he found at the end, after the darkness and grief.

I am so sorry about the misunderstanding and that this story couldn't compete in this month's Teitho. It would have done well! But you will know for next time - deadline is always the 25th, unless someone asks for an extension. Usually someone does, and in this case we move it to the end of the month. I hope to see more stories from you in the future, I enjoy them very much!

~StarLight