Reviews for Age of Wisdom
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I did a little studying to figure out this was the next one! Their loyalty to one another is wonderful! Be nice to read about them after those casts come off!
Mark C chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I liked seeing how Kate was there for Rick while he recovered. Shows how much she cares.

I really enjoyed the scene between Kate and Alexis, very sweet.

It looks like Kate is in this for the long hall and her relationship with Rick can only improve from here.
ninabambina chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I LOVE THIS!

Ack! Kate is such a sweetheart! This was just beautiful moment after beautiful moment! I liked that you included Alexis, that Kate was able to help her too. And I loved Kate's response, "Because I promised to be your hands." It's sweet and poetic and it makes me happy.

This story was perfectly lovely. Thank you for sharing it (as well as the others).
BlueOrchid96 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Oh, you went back in time. Very interesting. Seeing Kate struggle with Castle injuries, her doubts regarding Keeping Castle safe, and her feelings for him. Other than a few minor injuries, we really haven't seen Kate have to worry for Castle's health (minus Tyson taking Castle and Ryan by surprise.)

I haven't seen enough spoilers, just people's imaginations, regarding 4.21 so maybe it will happen here (I can dream) but it would be interesting to see that side of Kate. Maybe the time is over for that, been good late season 3 or earlier in 4, but dang it, something needs to force these two into a good talk. Lock'em in a closet, handcuff them, duct tape them together...I don't care.
maisma51 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Maybe I should have read this one before Best of Times, even though it was published after. Oh, well. I loved so many little things about this one.

1) Castle bruising her ribs from knocking his cast into them.

2) Kate trying to tell herself she's on 'a side' and he's on the 'other side' not his and her's sides of the bed.

3) Kate coloring over other people's stuff on the casts.

4) Castle suggesting she read "A Farewell to Arms" (morbidly funny. I chuckled).

5) Kate staying and sleeping head to toe with Alexis. And her answer (what she thought) when Castle asks her why she did that: 'Because she's scared and alone and needed you, and we're the same.'

6) This line: "Not yet, this is 100% Castle goodness. No artificial sweeteners."

7) And this one: 'a pain pill he basically admitted to licking off the counter'

Really enjoyed this one. Thanks for writing and sharing.
Blooky chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Licking something off the counter...yeah, that's definitely something Castle would do*g*
Van Inactive chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This is by far my favorite Chezchuckles series. I've read the 1st story more than once. Can't wait to see what happens next.
thegirlontheairplane chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
My god, this is absolute perfection. I can just see her drawing and falling apart in the tiniest ways as Castle sleep on and on and on until suddenly... she's head to toe with Alexis in the living room. You captured the emotion beautifully, especially the scene in bed. I would absolutely adore another one-shot along this storyline, or another chapter of this astonishingly spellbinding story :)
teelduo chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
You're always amazing
AliasCSINYFriendsER chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
OMG! That was so beautifully perfect! I loved that it's an in-between for these 2 awesome stories of yours. :-D

Thanks for writing that!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

~mandi *_*
Aquamarine07 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Beautifully done- nice to see a follow up to WoT. :)
knittingeek chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Smoothie thirsty...head to toe...FTW! I LOOOOVE head to toe!

I have visions of Castle licking pain meds off the counter and using his casts as tongs...very cute!

This was so adorable...so Castle, so Beckett and Alexis.
Topsy chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
The room is dark with the late evening city just outside his window; a strange half-light makes a line across his bed, illuminating the rise of his knee as he shifts awkwardly. – Amazing detail.

"Kate, I hate this." Her chest clenches; she makes a fist and draws her hand away from him. – Baww!

"You're not sleeping in that chair, Kate." – I love that he knows her well enough to realize that she’ll go back to the chair once he falls asleep.

"Okay," she says quickly. "I won't." Even she's a little surprised at how fast she gives in. Well, no. She's not. The worst thing she's ever faced was the sight of Castle in the floor of his study, arms bound and swollen behind his back, throat closed up with the ligature marks, bloodied and in pain and calling her name, but not able to reach him, not able to get to him. She will do anything, anything- - Sigh! So beautiful.

She floats on a sea of suffering, a mute despair that crests and troughs for those fifty minutes of silent, soft nothing. – This is amazing.

fans who managed to get past Beckett that first day but not a single day since – Love that detail you slipped in there.

She has the most real estate on his casts, and more and more every moment. Either because Castle can't - write, doodle, message, curl his fingers - or because it relieves some dark ache in her, she doesn't know. – I love this.

In no special hurry herself, Kate gets to her knees beside the bed, uncaps the silver sharpie and proceeds to metallic-out the inconsequential remarks of strangers. She has had to get Esposito over here twice to re-sign his name and message: his writing is terrible, and she keeps accidentally silver-penning right over it. – Oh, wow, I love this… what it says about her. Incredible.

She was the one who couldn't hold his hand. – Sooooooooo good!

She makes fruit smoothies with protein packs and Vitamin D powder, mixes it with milk, makes him drink those all day long. She doesn't believe that little bones can heal in three weeks, but she wants to. She does what she can to help. – Awesome. I love this version of Kate… the taking care of Castle Kate. :) And you write her so well.

She silvers the thumb, likes how it makes the cast look like he's hitching a ride with her for awhile. She'd pick him up, take him wherever he wanted to go so long as she could come along. – I love this… it’s like… her thoughts as she’s coloring. It’s great.

While she's there, she can maneuver him up the little stairs and onto the garden-roof-terrace she has. Sunlight and green plants and the flowering African violets. Those, at least, will not disgrace her and reveal her lack of watering. Her African violets love her the more she is away. Castle just loves her. The closer she is the better. – Such wonderful detail. I don’t know how you think of these things. Do you do a lot of research?

She's making Alexis laugh. More than just his hands, maybe she can be this as well. – Fabulous. I love that Kate’s impatient to get back, but that Alexis asked her… needed her… so she stayed with her. And then realizes she can do that. It’s great.

"No. Stay. My turn for head to toe." – Hee!

"Lay down, Beckett. You need sleep and I want to cuddle with your toes." – Haha!

"Not yet, this is 100% Castle goodness. No artificial sweeteners." – Excellent! So Castle!

"Were you looking after my daughter, Kate?" – Awww.

Because she's scared and alone and needed you, and we're the same. – Awww!

Head to toe nonsense and a pain pill he basically admitted to licking off the counter, but- - Haha!

This was great. A wonderful addition to this world you’ve created. Nice job, sister! :)
docvap chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Your writing is truly addictive! I absolutely love it! Another fantastic piece to the Worst of Times/ Best of Times story. You continue to amaze me. :)
Liv Wilder chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Cool story. Loved the 100% Castle goodness, no artificial sweetners. Great line.

Your writing is excellent.

Thanks. Liv x