Reviews for Masquerade
AnKiDu chapter 24 . 11/28/2012
Wow... what can I say! Now I'm really excited and - to be honest - a little frightened as well. I partly feel like Soujiku - this story is so awesome, it deserves a not too clichéd ending, but on the other hand I'm longing for a happy ending for Kira and Dukat... *sigh*

But I'm absolutely sure you will find a way to make it dramatic, thrilling and complicated and kind of happy...? *batting eyelashes*

And you should definitely keep writing! I'd love to read a good and believable Kira/Dukat story in future, even if it takes some time. For now I'm happy to have these 2 outstanding stories as a replacement for the final seasons of DS9.
Brazen Hussy chapter 24 . 11/23/2012
OMG that was sad, but I hope you're not going to leave us hanging long - we need a new chapter ASAP! Plus, since we were denied it for both characters in the show, I vote for happy ending for Kira and Dukat. Hope and change, people! Now who's with me?
Soujiku chapter 24 . 11/22/2012
I'm starting to get worried now. That chapter made me sad too, but it was brilliantly written. I am nervous about how it is going to end, and I think that you have the distinction of having written the first story that has made me genuinely worried about what is going to happen. One half of me doesn't want anyone to die, and is just longing for a clichéd happy ending, but the other half knows that these two and this story deserves something better than that, and I cannot wait to see how it ends (even if I am concurrently terrified of the prospect).
Susanne chapter 23 . 11/16/2012
Now you made me curious.

What will happen during the great showdown? Will Gul Dukat do the one decent thing in his life and die for the mess he caused? *Sigh, how dramatic.*

Or will Kira Nerys return the favour and save Dukat's life even if it means dying herself?

In any case there won't be any more bickering. I enjoyed that bickering very much, you know? Don't take too long for the next chapter,will you? Waiting is sooo boring.
icelong296 chapter 23 . 11/2/2012
GOOD HEAVENS! DUKAT REALLY HAD GINVEN UP EVERYTHING IN ORDER TO BE WITH KIRA ! NOT ALL FOR HER, BUT NEVERTHELESS, SHE WAS A KEY ELEMENT OF HIS CHOICE! GODS! WHEN THIS ALL ENDS AND ASSUME THEY SURVIVED, WILL THEY HAVE CHILDREN AND START A FAMILY TOGETHER EVENTUALLY?
Brazen Hussy chapter 23 . 11/2/2012
My God, the sheer level of awesome this story contains is incredible! I won't ask you to do a sequel since I'm just so grateful this exists, and I never again have to think about how they messed up Dukat's character. I will say update soon though!
Soujiku chapter 23 . 11/1/2012
That chapter was truly excellent. I cannot wait to read what is coming next. I was beginning to be worried there for a bit that you had stopped writing, but this chapter was definitely worth the wait; truly excellent.
I will, as always, avidly await the further chapters.
icelong296 chapter 22 . 10/26/2012
ONE MONTH AND 16 DAYS HAS PASSED SINCE YOUR LAST UPDATING! ARE YOU STILL WORKING ON THIS FIC OR YOU HAVE DROPPED IT ALREADY?! WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AND GIVE YOUR LOYAL AUDIENCE A CLEAR NOTIFICATION, PLEASE?
icelong296 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
WONDERFUL STORY! CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE! GOOD WORK!
Brazen Hussy chapter 22 . 9/11/2012
I love it when Dukat has a cunning plan...
pattifaye chapter 22 . 9/7/2012
Am throughly enjoying this. Have not seen a new ds9 fix for some time and dukat/kira is my favourite pairing. Am waiting very patiently for next chapter
Achelois chapter 21 . 8/31/2012
Wow.. Just wow!
So happy to have read this and it's prequel ( managed it in two very well spent evenings) as I love a good Kira dukat story. Emphasis on the word good, your characterization is wonderful.
The characters are actually a heck of a lot more believable than they were in the final season of ds9. You manage to keep them compelling and develope them into your plot with out sacrificing their believability.
Cudos to you.
The only thing I a wondering is if the Entek you have here is the Entek from the episode second skin? The obsidian order agent?

I am the last person who should harp on another to please write another chapter, but I can't help but hope life is kind to you and inspiration is plenty full so that I get to see more of your work soon.
Thanks for writing this!
AnKiDu chapter 21 . 8/30/2012
Been away for a while... so I had 5 amazing new chapters to enjoy! You are such a brilliant writer, the story is really fascinating - just awesome! More, more, more, please :-D
kiraglitter chapter 21 . 8/24/2012
Woah. Just finished reading this and its prequel today.

The characterization is accurate, believable, and appealing, the constant bickering between characters is utterly hilarious, and the plot a heartstopper. I particularly enjoy the way you pick apart the general character of Cardassian, Bajoran and Federation cultures. I had never given much thought before to the general attitudes of those cultures and psyches, and how they are both alien and completely understandable- at least, the way you write it.

I normally like reading stories that involve a great deal of characterization, more inwardly driven than by plot. I normally find plot-driven stories convoluted or grasping at straws, in short, implausible. This story, however (and its prequel, of course) does both plot and focus on characters, and blends them seamlessly and painlessly together, each one standing well on its own, but improved by its reliance on the other.

This story (or these stories) stand out to me for another reason. Not only are your characterizations and plot fascinating, the observations you make through the lens of resistance fighters and people in a relationship as complex and faceted as Kira's and Dukat's, manage to be both apropos and insightful. I say 'manage' because often many stories start to blend together, people making the same tired observations over and over about a certain relationship in a fandom. Yours does not. Many stories about them (or at least the ones I've read) have them simply stuck together and admiring the best in each other, implausibly revealed by some deus ex machina. Here, they trade witty barbs, and have flaws that make them hypnotically real.

Additionally, you perform this feat of asserting a point (such as through the eyes of desperate people in an impossible situation, like wartime) without inserting yourself too much into the mix, as some authors are wont to do with their own (often incomprehensible) convictions about life, often done poorly through songfic. (With your choice of epigrams, however, I always find myself reading them twice and trying to understand what that may hint about the contents of the chapter below each one.) The characters are not agonizing for pages and pages about the coldness of difficult decisions- they make them, just as it seems appropriate for people of action like Kira and Garak to do.

It is obvious that you have given a great deal of thought to these stories, and the quality blazes through.

I am waiting on pins and needles for the continuation of this story, and wonder if there will be a sequel (triquel?) to this. If so, I eagerly await it. If not, I hope you will write more in the future for Star Trek, any series, as I am sure you will do an equally brilliant job with any of them.

(For the record, I got the gunpowder plot reference.)
Soujiku chapter 21 . 7/14/2012
Woo! New chapter! As always, it is excellent - very truly, brilliant writing. When I saw the alert in my inbox, I was so excited - I literally waved my arms around in excitement. I hope that you're feeling a bit better after your terrible month! I very much enjoyed the light humour in this chapter - it was a perfect addition to level out the seriousness of the battle! As always I will be looking forward to any other chapters you write!
76 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »