Reviews for Masquerade
loxKardasia chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
VERY in-ter-est-ing . . . Jake and Ziyal are becoming very Garak-ish in their spare time . . .

Thank you SO MUCH! Yes, it’s majorly helpful. I pronounce you the expert of the character Garak. Okay, obviously you didn’t get my e-mail. Sorry about that. I’ll try it one more time tonight (January 30), but if it doesn’t work, would you mind answering one or two more questions? It’s okay if you don’t want to, I understand that, but I haven’t watched DS9 for a while and reading fanfiction has kinda messed up my perception of Garak’s characteristics.

How do you think that someone like Garak would ALLOW himself to love? Like you said, realizing that vulnerability can be joy would be a big helper in that sort of situation, but what in the world would happen to help him realize that? Originally I had this episode-by-episode thing going, but Garak was in so few of them and I had such a hard time making sure that the timeline was correct that I had to quit and start all over again.

Just so that you can give me an accurate answer, here’s a short profile on my OC: Nira Lekaar, Cardassian, Ex-Obsidian Order Agent. Hates the Dominion when they show up, can’t really stand Dukat either (lots of conflict between those two throughout the story, and conflict between Garak and Dukat when Nira becomes the subject of conversation). Comes in about mid-first season. Nira “accidentally” (or not so accidentally) lets it slip to Garak during a conversation that she was in the Obsidian Order, because she knows who he is. She promises Garak that she won’t tell anyone what she knows because she wants him to like her. He is, needless to say, very suspicious, and makes it a priority to find out exactly who Nira is. Nira isn’t too sure of herself when it comes to REAL romantic relationships (she faked quite a few for assignments). She’s angry with herself and feels guilty about having feelings for Garak where he seems to have none.

I always imagined Garak making the first REAL move (whatever that may end up being, I’m still unsure), but if you think that that is out of character for him, PLEASE say so. I hate OOC and I don’t want to mess up with an awesome character like Garak.

(This has not all been written, but has been provided by a pre-written plot outline that may still change)
E chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
Yes, new chapter! :D

I loved this one. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was no Dukat, but I'm sure he'll be coming back soon. ;)
Brazen Hussy chapter 10 . 1/29/2012
Oooh gripping stuff - can't wait for the next chapter!
l'ombre de tes yeux chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Apologies, I know hacking your own reviews page isn't very good manners, but I couldn't think of another way to do this...

loxKardasia, this message is for YOU:

I find it very peculiar that you have enough access to the internet that you can read (not to mention *review*) fan fiction, but you can't read an email. Still, in the next chapter I post, I'll write a special footnote just for you. That'll be all I can do, I'm afraid, because I'd rather not clutter up all the chapters/reviews page with extensive non-story communication in case the mods decide I'm breaking the rules or something.

And ease off on the sarcasm, please. I'm trying to help you, there's no need to be rude.

***end message***

sorry guys, I promise to delete this non-review forthwith.
loxKardasia chapter 8 . 12/13/2011
Riiiiiiiiiight, because in my desperation I've tooooootally neeeeeeeeeeeeever tried thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat before.

Alright, just to be sure, I'll try and send you an e-mail tonight, okay? Tell me if you get it . . . I'll tell you in a review if I don't get a reply.

Thanks for all your help on this.

I liked the detail and description in the last two chapters. I can really see Cardassia, or at least your version of it. It's a real talent when people can write that out so well.
roxana76 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Thank you for providing 2 more chapters, I really look forward to the alerts in my gmail telling me they've come! Really love the twist at the end of chapter 7 as well. Fantastic quality writing :)
loxKardasia chapter 7 . 12/6/2011
Of course, an update might help . . .
Orit Ellan chapter 7 . 11/27/2011
Nice twist, I was waiting for something like this. I still love it!
loxKardasia chapter 7 . 11/24/2011
Good chapter.

I was worried about that little issue. The internet is VERY glitchy at my house. I've asked for help on this before from other people on FNN (they didn't have anything for me) and the only way we could communicate was like this: I would send a question through a review and they would answer it through a little footnote at the end of the story. But that would sometimes clutter up their page so they would put their answers on their profiles for me to read.

If either of these arrangements are in any way problematic, please don't worry about it. I might be able to find some help from someone else. Though i would be REALLY grateful if you would help me. I have such a tough time with getting characters into a realistic romance.

Thank you.
loxKardasia chapter 6 . 11/20/2011
Hi. I think that this is a really good story. I love Cardassian stuff, but for some reason more than half of it seems to be slash, which i DO NOT enjoy. I don't swing that way, and I don't get any entertainment out of reading about people who do. But that's just me . . .

Actually, i'm reviewing to ask for some advice. You seem to have Garak down pretty well, so i was wondering if you could help me do some work with his character. I'm doing a Garak/OC story (not posted yet. I don't even have an account thingy or whatever on FFN yet) and i was wondering about what you think he would do if he realized that he was falling in love with her? She's Cardassian like him.

Gotta go, bye.
StevenM chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Great stuff! Keep it up!
Demon-Something chapter 5 . 11/13/2011
I burned through these two stories in a couple of hours, wasting valuable sleep on a school night... and it was definitely worth it.

Your characterization is amazing, watching Kira and Dukat become exactly what they never wanted to be out of desperation and paranoia was a... beautiful thing to read, in some twisted way. The same also goes for Dukat's plan, having it all steadily shatter into smaller and smaller pieces, eventually causing him to give up all he ever held dear was heartbreaking. However, Dukat does verge on "too good" status at times, but he's still nowhere near perfect, so I can excuse that.

But how exactly does a revolution on Cardassia go? Kira-as-Iliana can't garner enough supporters before the Dominion shuts her down... brutally. However there is Garak. The impossible always happens with Garak around...
roxana76 chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
Another fab 2 chapters :) but poor Dukat's scales falling off :(
roxana76 chapter 4 . 11/8/2011
I love this new story. Reminds me of Fearful Symmetry, but better in my opinion :) Please keep writing new chapters! let's hope life gets better for Dukat very soon...

Also, I loved the Covenant reference for chapter 3. What a great band.
Orit Ellan chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
I feel bad for Dukat. That cell sounds absolutely horrible... and you do an excellent job describing the conditions and what effect they have on him. As much as I like conversations, it's just a little bit better with a descriptive language to go along with it: And I think you make both very believable!

So... I wonder what Sloan will do next... poor Kira; I've got a feeling that she will mind...

Happy halloween-stuffs to you too!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »