Reviews for And I'm Home
Otaku4eva99 chapter 2 . 7/1/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
GentleSilence chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
OMW...i love this! This is absolutely beautiful! I honestly cannot find a fanfic thats more in-character than this! I love them both! You are absolutely amazing! -bows-
YFIQ chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
And then Kyoko adopts a name of Hamlet's suicidal girlfriend.
angel0wonder chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
Well, that was depressing.
Sergio Turbo chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
I think you succeeded. This was a really good reading.

I think you managed to explore Kyoko's emotions very well, and I don't see OOCness anywhere. Good job!
LovelyToMeetYou chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This was beautifully written; a wonderful piece for this pairing. You got the characterization perfectly and I loved the development of Kyoko's resolve and especially the end. Amazingly well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
You did better than good, you did great! I love this; especially Kyoko's realization of her love for Sayaka Really awesome work
MichaelSaniyan chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Sadness level: Almost teary-eyed.

Firstly, I guess the only written error that caught my eye was Kyouko calling Mami "Mami-san". It seems a bit out of character, but it's also one helluva nitpick. More importantly, the story seems to mix present and past tenses at points, which while there might be a point behind it, breaks the flow of the story.

Enough of the negatives, now for the positives. You do a good job on writing Kyouko, and the fight scene was well enough orchestrated (no pun intended) that I could follow it with the show in my head. The hopeful ending was a nice touch, and it provided a few laughs in an otherwise quite depressing story.

It's a true-to-style retelling, not counting Kyouko's "realization". It's done well, and I enjoyed reading it.
YFIQ chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I like how you used the lyrics to accompany the scene from the manga in Kyoko's point of view.

It fits well and I like it.

Not much to say other than good work and that's it due to bouts of burnouts, ongoing laziness, and some other things going on now.
Yuetchi Farandole chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Oh. My. God.

This story was just unbelievably touching O_O

By the last line I was just going "awwwww!" XD

No, but really, I like it, lots It's well written, you followed what happened in the actual story really well, while also including your own take on the Kyouko and Sayaka route in Kyouko's thoughts. It was all just so charming :3
worthlessvalor chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Awesome, man I practically re-watched the episode right after reading your fic.

Totally love how you pictured Kyouko's thought. XD
RPPuzzle chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I thought the lyrics didn't take away from the experience, rather it complimented it. Unlike the actual scene, Kyoko didn't try to talk to Sayaka much in this fic, which is fine, but I would've liked to see that. And I dunno why but this part:

"who the hell do I think I am, thinking to myself words of heroism and sacrifice and love, trying to sound all cool like some damn Power Ranger?"

Somehow it killed the catharsis of the following realization Kyoko had for me. Power rangers...really? Or perhaps it's more appropriate if (sorry don't remember the anime in detail too well I gotta rewatch it methinks) in the anime they were talking about power rangers. If that's the case then the comparison's fine. There's gotta be a more serious comparison than power rangers though. Samurai maybe?

All of these are very minor complaints though. Overall Kyoko's thoughts as she faced down Sayaka's witch were very accurate and profound. I very much enjoyed reading this thanks for pointing it out to me :).
twistedthoughts chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I've gotta give it to you. I really liked this fic of yours. I haven't properly read an anime fanfic for a while now, in fact I've been out of touch with anime for about a year now. Recently though I've started watching again, and prior to my anime-hiatus I used to get unhealthily obsessive with them all the time. I've been in more fandoms than I have fingers. But my recent viewing did almost nothing to me. Yeah, I enjoyed them and all, but after it was done I simply moved on. None of them left a lasting impression. Then came Madoka.

To this day I'm still baffled by the fact that it was Madoka that did me in. And I almost gave this a miss too because of the whole magical girl genre. But because of all the good things I keep hearing about it and because my favorite composer Kajiura Yuki worked on the music, I decided to pick it up if only for the music. Looking back, I'm so damned glad I made that decision. PMMM is pretty much the best anime I've seen in a long while. And I watched it in one go, so there's a lot to process in the days that followed after, but the one thing that really stood out for me was Kyouko and Sayaka's relationship.

Which leads me back to your fic. I really liked your interpretation of what was going on in Kyouko's head in this scene. It's very believable and flows well, how her thoughts evolved from wanting to save Sayaka to realizing that she couldn't. Not in the way that she wanted to anyway. You know I didn't like Kyouko at first cause she was obviously introduced as an antagonist character but after her back story reveal my opinion, like Sayaka's, changed. However, I never quite saw the KyouSaya tangent...until Kyouko's sacrifice. It's weird, but immediately after my supposedly nonexistent KyouSaya feelings exploded. And well, I know I'm ranting and probably not making much sense, but thanks for this fic.

Oh, and I loved what you did to the lyrics of 'and I'm home'. Really, really neat. Good job overall!
angel0wonder chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Dude, I was totally listening to the song as I read this. It was very good, very emotional! The ending there reflected the manga version, right? I feel like this could very well be what Kyoko was thinking in that moment. I especially liked the part when Kyoko realized she loved Sayaka!
Taeniaea chapter 1 . 11/1/2011