Reviews for To the Lighthouse
elainezen chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
A beautiful love story. Lovely to read. Beautifully written. I don't want to stop reading about Mick's life. You have made the stories so interesting and enjoyable. Its pure pleasure to read them.
EHfan chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Iknow you said you didn't do this consciously, but I do see some parallels between Eliza and Evelyn. She, like Evelyn, is a well-educated,well-read woman who sees more in Mick than he does himself. I think that there must have been an "Eliza" in Mick's life to make him so comfortable with his attraction to Evelyn. I'm remembering the line in the movie where Mick's friend warns him against intelligent women and the way Mick smiles. I think he was remembering an intelligent woman from his past.
Brit-bound chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
you knew i'd love it. just the kind of story i was hoping for. and aren't those little 'pull-ins' fun from other stories/films? I think when we read those as roofers it's another special bond between all of us because we know exactly where those images came from and they remind us of other things we love.

it makes we want to demand that everyone who visits the board go on to read your stories. how could they pass up the opportunity to have more of mick - more of rufus? they don't know what they're missing here!

and how sweet to have a little glimpse of mick as a toddler. and to have him embarrassed at being reminded. he's a sweet, sweet boy. be careful how you have to hurt him in the future, because i know that time will come.

for right now, though, have a lovely holiday and make mr kmk feel truly special.

glenda
anyother chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Perfect description of how first love is - and Mick really deserves this! You put lovely little details in too, like the Ladislaw reference and the hands in his pockets.